Author Topic: Missing Men In BC  (Read 44423 times)

kelownaguy

• View Profile
Re: Missing Men In BC
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 10:13:51 PM »
Just a theory I have heard more than once about all these young men.

A racist gang ritual that involves the murder of a young white man to pass some level of acceptance by the gang.

Some awful heavy gang activity in this province during the period that these young men have disappeared.

One thing so many have in common is they were at a bar alone when last seen, or in the area. Targeted, when most vulnerable? May be using an attractive female for bait.

This is not my theory, but I have heard it and read it elsewhere. It does need to be considered.

sarah831

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 03:35:07 PM »
my uncle went missing on march 4 2009 from hayward lake ( where his truck was discovered) there has be no news on him at all the trail went cold almost right away.  his name is Wes foulds. our family is desperately looking for answers as to what happened to my uncle please if you have any info contact the abby pd at 604.859.5225.  it is very unlike my uncle to just walk away from his family and we need to bring him home.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 02:42:54 AM by sarah831 »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2010, 05:29:59 PM »
Hi Sarah and welcome. So sorry to hear about your uncle. There is a thread for him. I've posted the link below.

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php/topic,2909.0.html
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 05:37:35 PM by debbiec »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 08:25:35 AM »

from Keeping Faith:
(also close to my heart is the family of Dennis Cornish who went missing from 100 Mile House Feb 2008, just 1 month after Derek in that same area up North)

http://www.iammissing.ca/Missing%20Index.html

stephanie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2011, 05:32:59 PM »
There are as many missing men as missing women. I am just beginning to look at the following names from quite a while ago and they are still missing . These are just a few that I have learned about in the last hour .

NAME                               AGE        DISAPPEARED            LOCATION
Roger Walls DIXON         22           Nov 17, 1989            Vancouver, BC
Gordon Harold Fowlie     48           Dec 12, 2001            Vancouver, BC
Jack Ernest Fraser          28           Aug 2, 2004              Vancouver, BC
Grunan Vincent               23           Jan 4, 1990               Vancouver, BC
Micheal Brian Hammond  16           Nov 24, 1991               
Todd Russell Fraser         29           Aug 7, 1998

stephanie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 06:06:24 PM »
My uncle Napoleon Gaudreau was 84 when he went for a walk in Burnaby in 2006. he is still missing.  I am at the point where I wish I knew where to look or is there something  I missed earlier.

kimmeh

• View Profile

Lise Grenier Jetté

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2012, 10:44:12 PM »
My son Jonathan Jette and his girlfriend Rachael Bagnall went missing the 7th of September 2010.  They were gone for a hike near Pemberton for 3 days and they never come back.  The RCMP, the SAR and the volunteers never found a trace of them, no gear, nothing.  If someone saw them or knew something, please contact the RCMP in Whistler, thank you.  We are living in Quebec, so we can not go and search for them.  Thank you very much.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2012, 11:03:02 PM »

Hi Lise and welcome,

I'm sorry to hear about your son and his girlfriend. Please feel free to start a thread for them if you would like.

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 12:01:06 AM »
I had not heard about that lost couple in Pemberton. I know people who live there and will certainly ask them what they think of the case. Sorry for your loss Lise.

Lise Grenier Jetté

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2012, 10:00:06 PM »
They went hiking the 4th, 5th and the 6th of September 2010 they were supposed to come back at Jonathan's apartment in Vancouver.  The 8th of September, Rachael's sister called the police because they can't reached them.  Me and my husband live in Quebec; someone calls us the 9th of September to tell us that Jonathan and Rachael never came back from their hike.   Sometimes I doubt that they went on the mountain; sometimes I ask myself if something happened to them on the forest service road.   The police, SARs, dogs, helicopters search for them for ten days and they did not find anything just Jonathan's car parked on that road.  Volunteers continue searching for them and last summer we hired 3 pros who search the ravines, the glaciers and we did not find a clue.  I ask myself many many questions.

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2012, 11:51:43 AM »
I find those unpaved mountain forest roads absolutely treacherous in terms of how the vehicle jiggles and shakes as you drive up the mountains around that area with steep cliffs on either side. There are many paragliders in Pemberton and they get an arial view flying close to the ground in terms of searching for your lost loved ones. Also, as you probably now, an older woman was killed by bears in the area last summer. While it's less likely that a couple would both be killed by bears with no sign whatsoever left behind, I just mention it as another thought, however sad. The parked car is certainly a clue as to where they went missing (I mean more of a sign than many families of missing loved ones even have) but I'm sorry you have had absolutely no further clues. Now a young man has gone missing in Whistler in recent months and I wonder if there's any update on that case...

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2012, 09:54:05 PM »
Some interesting new information came out recently as a result of the Picton inquiry.
During Pickton's trial, lab staff testified that about 80 unidentified DNA profiles - roughly half male and half female - have shown up on evidence.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/news/Pickton+ties+Hells+Angels+probed/6131747/story.html#ixzz1oOoyCbdh

nething4me

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2012, 03:20:32 PM »
Has anyone linked the missing men from Washington state to the men missing in BC?

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2012, 03:37:37 PM »
No I don't think they have. There are two recent unsolved missing men cases in B.C. I'm aware of, Daniel Gandza in Victoria and Matthew Huszar in Vancouver. Of course there are many more missing men cases over the years, some which haven't yet been solved.

Are there any particularly mysterious cases from Washington state?