Author Topic: SANDRA CANTU, | CALIFORNIA - MARCH, 2009 (Body Found 4/6/09)  (Read 72093 times)

Edsonmom

• View Profile
Re: SANDRA CANTU, MISSING IN CALIFORNIA - MARCH, 2009
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2009, 09:07:37 PM »
Live feed for News conference now moved to 8:15

http://www.kcra.com/video/9292412/index.html

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 09:34:29 PM by Edsonmom »

Silverdog

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2009, 09:27:32 PM »
If there was no body in the container, we wouldnt be waiting. They would say "there was nothing there"

I htink they are now "fine tuning" exactly what they want to say to the public. Obviously they wont want to give up too much info...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 09:35:57 PM by Silverdog »

Edsonmom

• View Profile
Police Sources: Sandra Cantu's Body Recovered From Luggage
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2009, 09:38:50 PM »
Second report in the news.. still no official confirmation.. but it is looking like it is her.. :'( :'( :'(

Police Sources: Sandra Cantu's Body Recovered From Luggage

April 6, 2009

TRACY - Sources within local law enforcement tell FOX40 News the body of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu was recovered from inside a piece of luggage pulled from a drained irrigation ditch north of Tracy.

Cantu had been missing since Friday, March 27th, when she disappeared while returning home from a friend's house at the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park.

Authorities have not made any arrests in the case, although their investigation has focused on several persons of interest.

http://www.fox40.com/pages/landing_local_headlines/?Police-Sources-Sandra-Cantus-Body-Recove=1&blockID=260015&feedID=190

Silverdog

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2009, 09:53:14 PM »
Thanks Edsonmom...

Prayers are going out to the Cantu family...how horrible for the family

Edsonmom

• View Profile
Re: SANDRA CANTU, MISSING IN CALIFORNIA - BODY FOUND
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2009, 09:55:56 PM »
Just confirmed it is her.. :'( :'( :'(

RIP SANDRA

My thoughts and prayers are with her family tonight.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 09:58:38 PM by Edsonmom »

Silverdog

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2009, 09:58:14 PM »
Aww, poor little thing. how very tragic. It is a mixed blessing that she has been found, but I wish it hadnt been like this.

Rest in peace, Sandra....

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2009, 09:59:26 PM »
Prayers for her family.  Such a sad ending for a care free child

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2009, 10:04:13 PM »
for those who are not watching the live feed on this.. Sandra has been dead for almost 2 weeks, so that means she was killed shortly after she went missing.. autopsy will be conducted in the morning. I am typing as they are talking, so I am telling you this as I hear it..they identified her by the clothing she was wearing..she was found in a suitcase. they said they searched that area twice, but did not check the ponds, as they were drained 2 weeks ago.. they found lots of foot prints and tire tracks at the farm where she was found..they will update this case, at 3:30 tomorrow afternoon.. and they advise the parents of Tracy to watch their children..

Edsonmom

• View Profile
Re: SANDRA CANTU, MISSING IN CALIFORNIA - Body Found
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2009, 10:16:48 PM »
I am now wondering about the red ribbon that was tied around the suitcase.. I can not for the life of me, see a stranger doing this.. I am now thinking, that this was someone who loved her.. ???
Poor baby girl..

Silverdog

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2009, 10:19:35 PM »
Its so sad to see the video of her skipping, just looking so happy and innocent... then she turns serious, then walks out of view of the camera...with her shadow following behind...and is never seen alive again. I hope they find the evil excuse for a human being responsible for this ...and FAST. I bet whoever put her in the pond wasnt counting on them finding it quite so fast. Thankfully, months have not passed, hopefully the police got some good evidence from that scene, from the suitcase, and from Sandra herself....

Silverdog

• View Profile
Re: SANDRA CANTU, MISSING IN CALIFORNIA - Body Found
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2009, 10:23:02 PM »
I am now wondering about the red ribbon that was tied around the suitcase.. I can not for the life of me, see a stranger doing this.. I am now thinking, that this was someone who loved her.. ???
Poor baby girl..

For sure, that is almost similar to the "heart shaped sticker" ?? I think you are right, someone close to her, certainly someone known to her.....

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2009, 10:46:44 PM »
Its so sad to see the video of her skipping, just looking so happy and innocent... then she turns serious, then walks out of view of the camera...with her shadow following behind...and is never seen alive again.

I noticed that in the video as well.. I wonder what happened that she got serious all of the sudden. it is almost like someone startled her. I will be watching this case very close..

That is right Silver.. I forgot about the "heart shaped sticker". was there not a red ribbon involved with that case as well?? the sticker was on the ribbon?

The person who gave the police the tip about the man in the boat with a child. I wonder how much he really saw. and if it was at this pond where he saw them..I wonder if this is going to make the police reconsider what they class as high, medium or low priority..

An Oakland man wants answers from Tracy Police. He claims he gave them a tip about Sandra Cantu's whereabouts and they didn't follow up.

Johnny Williams says he called a tip into police Friday, but never got a response. He said he saw a man in a boat with a girl where the police had been searching. He says the man in the boat's behavior was erratic and suspicious.

"Everyone is hoping they may find this little girl," said Williams. "Someone out there may have the right tip and the police are not following up on it and that's bad."

Police say not every tip they receive will be answered, but they do classify all tips as high, medium or low priority. High priority tips are answered immediately.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: SANDRA CANTU, | CALIFORNIA - MARCH, 2009 (Body Found 4/6/09)
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2009, 11:46:52 PM »
This is so sad. I hope the punk who did this gets caught soon. What kind of a monster would do such a thing? These cowards are everywhere!

Time to use the mental health act to round these pedophiles up. An expert says there is cause to do this.

RIP sweet girl.

Edsonmom

• View Profile
Re: SANDRA CANTU, | CALIFORNIA - MARCH, 2009 (Body Found 4/6/09)
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2009, 12:20:24 AM »
Thats just it Chris, we do not know if this was a pedophile or not.. In the news conference, they stated, that they identified her, by the clothes she was last seen wearing.. so we do not know, if she was dressed when they found her, or if the clothes were in the suitcase with her. There was also a red ribbon around the suitcase, thus leading me to think, that this was someone who cared for this child. My understanding is that most ped's just dump their naked victims bodies in ditches, exposed to nature. Someone took the time, to put her in a suit case..if it was a stranger, do you not think that a plastic bag, would sufice
but some reporters are saying, that her body was mutilated, if this was the case, then her body was most likely found naked inside that suitcase.. I just don't know.. I guess we will just have to see what they release in the press statement tomorrow..

Okay I guess I got the answer I was looking for.. she was dressed when they found her.. so how many pedophiles would have re-dressed her??
here is another question.. If it was a ped who did re-dress her. would the water have washed away any evidence, that a rape kit, could have picked up on??

NorCal missing girl's body foundMonday, April 06, 2009  TRACY, Calif. -- Authorities found the remains of a missing 8-year-old Northern California girl on Monday in a suitcase a few miles from where she was last seen.
The suitcase containing Sandra Cantu's body was recovered from an irrigation pond Monday, Tracy Police Chief Janet Thiessen said at an evening news conference.
Thiessen said the girl was wearing the same clothes she was wearing when last seen on March 27: a pink "Hello Kitty" T-shirt and black leggings.
Authorities planned an autopsy on the body to determine the cause of death.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 12:37:17 AM by Edsonmom »