Author Topic: SANDRA CANTU, | CALIFORNIA - MARCH, 2009 (Body Found 4/6/09)  (Read 72090 times)

Silverdog

• View Profile
Re: SANDRA CANTU, | CALIFORNIA - MARCH, 2009 (Body Found 4/6/09)
« Reply #225 on: April 23, 2009, 09:45:02 PM »
I'm so glad they will not be exhuming Sandra's remains. That would just be so devastating for her family. Particularily because its the DEFENSE wanting to do it!

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 24, 2009, 09:33:32 AM »
I cannot understand why this church is still standing where Sandra was murdered. I just wonder if her grandfather is still having services in that church and if he is, he is as sick as Melissa. I saw a clip of a reporter coming up to him at his mailbox when he was getting the mail and he asked him if he had anything to say and he said, no, but I'll have lots to say after the trial. I wonder what he meant by that, what lies is he going to cook up after the trial. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Edsonmom

• View Profile
FBI Visits 2nd Church In Cantu Case
« Reply #228 on: April 24, 2009, 07:07:38 PM »
TRACY, Calif. -- In recent weeks, FBI agents visited a church along the Washington-Idaho border in connection with Melissa Huckaby's family, KCRA 3 has confirmed.

"They were trying to put the pieces of their puzzle together. They were asking about certain people who might be able to lead them to other people. But I do not know exactly what they were looking for," Pastor Bill Creutzberg said by phone.

Sources close to the Cantu investigation told KCRA 3 that most of the FBI's questions centered on Pastor Lane Lawless.

Lawless, who lives in the mobile home park where Cantu once lived, is Huckaby's grandfather.

He is the pastor of Clover Road Baptist Church, which was searched while Sandra was missing and after Huckaby's arrest.

Sources told KCRA 3 that Lawless was questioned years ago as part of a report of suspected child abuse.

However, both the Asotin County Sheriff's Department and the Clarkston Police Department in Washington said they do not have any records of a criminal case ever being filed.

Copyright 2009 by KCRA.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.kcra.com/news/19266204/detail.html
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 07:10:18 PM by Edsonmom »

Edsonmom

• View Profile
Grandpa lawless allegations of child abuse and/or molestation in 80's
« Reply #229 on: April 24, 2009, 07:14:16 PM »
Meanwhile, a source close to the investigation said that back in in the mid-'80s there were allegations of child abuse and/or molestation somehow connected to the First Church of God. Lawless was working at the Clarkston church at the time and was questioned regarding the allegations, but nobody was ever charged.

Current First Church of God pastor Bill Creutzberg, who was not at the church at the time the allegations were made, said he was aware of the earlier investigation.

Video: Questions Surround Tracy Pastor, Former Church

"There are deep emotions about that incident," Creutzberg told KCRA 3. "People here never mention it."

First Church of God

Creutzberg said he was unsure if FBI agents visited First Church of God in relation to the earlier investigation or the Cantu case.

Clarkston residents were unnerved by a possible connection between their town and Cantu's killing.

Cid Johnson called the link a "scary thing," adding she worries that her security may be at risk.

Investigators also returned Thursday to Clover Road Baptist Church to gather more information. The church is located a short distance from the mobile home park were Cantu lived.

http://www.kcra.com/news/19269800/detail.html

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 07:48:20 PM by Edsonmom »

Silverdog

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 24, 2009, 08:45:38 PM »
Guess the sick & evil gene is in the family. I bet Lane Lawless isnt squeaky clean either. Melissa probably learned this stuff somewhere...so, as I've said before, WAIT FOR IT, the pity trip, the I was abused as a kid story...its coming.....

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 24, 2009, 09:00:17 PM »
LOL Silver, you must have missed it.. I posted a few pages back, about Melissa saying she was raped by a cop, when she was 19, and the funny part is, the cop has been completely cleared of it..

Silverdog

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 26, 2009, 08:42:55 PM »
Yeah, I saw the story about the cop, and since he was cleared of it, I'm just waiting for the next one. You know, the BIG one....The one that destroyed her entire life, but she could never tell a soul....maybe that other Lawless guy, not sure how he is related to her exactly, but you know...maybe he was practicing on her many years ago....
There's a story, I'm just sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to hear what traumatized her so bad that she could do this to a child...

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 27, 2009, 08:06:54 PM »
I just watched Nancy Grace and it was on the screen, The Records of Sandra's autopsy are being sealed by ordero of the courts. The reason indicated at the bottom of the screen is that if the knowledge of what happened to Sandra was released there would be a "public outrage". They also indicated that it was in the best interest of this whole case that they protect this knowledge to the family and also that in order to keep this secret, because of a jury being tainted by the reports. I just wonder in my mind because of this terrible report if she acted with more then one person on this evil crime. Now we will have to wait and see, because she did not even enter a plea today as I understand it. They indicated she was smiling at the judge and also there were not tears today. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Silverdog

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 27, 2009, 08:55:15 PM »
Thanks for posting that Cape, I missed Nancy tonight. I shudder to think of what MH put Sandra through that day. I say they should just tell the public what the autopsy says she did...then let just her walk out of the front door of the jail. Save the taxpayers a whole lot of money. Smiling at the judge. Hmmm.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 29, 2009, 07:15:24 PM »
Yes, we all want the public to know, but it could jeopordize the trial and we do not want that, because if that was the case she could be free on a technicality and the whole thing would have to be tried again. I know it is going to be hard for the family to have to go all through that again when the trial comes forward. But you know what is going to happen, I bet anything she is going to plead guilty in the end when it all comes down to it. That is what usually happens when they don't want the details to come out. Like the one here in Nova Scotia, Penny Boudreau pleaded guilty before the judge and there was no jury and that is just probably what this woman will do. Because they can't stand the outrage of the citizens and they don't want all the details to come out, so I'd say her lawyer is going to have her plead guilty. But we will know afterwards how she died, because it will be made public after the day in court. I hate to hear what happened to that little girl, there are going to be a lot more tears shed then already have been. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Edsonmom

• View Profile
3 new charges for Huckaby
« Reply #237 on: June 02, 2009, 11:50:48 PM »

STOCKTON - Prosecutors on Thursday filed three additional felony counts against Melissa Huckaby, charging her with poisoning two people, including a 7-year-old girl and an adult man.

The girl lived in the same Tracy mobile home park as the slain Sandra Cantu.

Huckaby, 28, is expected to appear in San Joaquin County Superior Court today for further arraignment on previous charges that she kidnapped, raped and murdered 8-year-old Sandra on March 27 before dumping the girl's body in an irrigation pond north of Tracy.

Huckaby's attorney, Sam Behar, was expected to enter a plea on his client's behalf at today's hearing, but the new charges could lead to a change in the defense strategy.

The new complaint charges Huckaby with a single count of child endangerment and two felony counts of furnishing a harmful substance, which is not identified in the document.

In both counts of alleged poisoning, the complaint says Huckaby "did willfully and unlawfully mingle a harmful substance with food or drink with the intent that (it) be taken by a human being."

The complaint charges Huckaby with poisoning the 7-year-old girl, identified only as Jane M. Doe, on Jan. 17, the same day a woman in the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park - where both Sandra and Huckaby lived - reported to Tracy police that Huckaby returned her daughter drugged with a muscle relaxant.

Tracy police fell under scrutiny for failing to thoroughly investigate the report. Rather, detectives reportedly accused the girl's mother of giving her daughter the pills and ended their investigation. The girl recovered from the poisoning.

In the second poisoning charge, Huckaby allegedly drugged a man identified as Daniel Plowman on March 2 - 21/2 months after the first alleged poisoning and 25 days before Sandra was reported missing. Her body was found April 6.

Plowman's relationship with Huckaby is unclear, and his whereabouts are unknown. He could not be located for comment Thursday. The complaint doesn't give his age or any details of the alleged poisoning.

A judge's gag order prevents attorneys, investigators and potential witnesses from talking to the media. Huckaby is scheduled to appear before San Joaquin County Superior Court Judge Linda Lofthus at 1 p.m. today.

Contact reporter Scott Smith at (209) 546-8296 or ssmith@recordnet.com.

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090522/A_NEWS/905220312

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 02, 2009, 11:53:05 PM »
STOCKTON, CA (AP) -- The Tracy woman charged with the killing of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu appeared in San Joaquin County Superior Court Friday for further arraignment.

Prosecutors filed three additional charges against Melissa Huckaby alleging that she tried to poison two people. She was previously charged with the kidnapping, rape and murder of Cantu. Her body was found in a suitcase pulled from an irrigation pond April 6 after a 10-day search for her.

According to court records filed Thursday, prosecutors say Huckaby gave what they termed "a harmful substance" to a 7-year-old girl in January and an adult man in March. The type of substance was not revealed in the complaint. The girl has since recovered. The man has not been located.

The complaint alleges a third count of child endangerment involving the 7-year-old girl.

During Friday's 6-minute hearing, Huckably appeared composed and even smiled a few times at Judge Linda Loftus and public defender Sam Behar who is representing her. No cameras were allowed in the courtroom or Stockton courthouse.

Behar said his client would not be entering a plea to the charges at this time because he needed more time to review more than 1,000 pages of discovery documents and evidence in the case.

Loftus set June 12 for further arraignment.

Both Cantu's and Huckaby's families were at the hearing.
http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=59762&catid=2

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 03, 2009, 05:25:20 PM »
Des, this person certainly fell through the cracks. Obviously, something very traumatic happened to this woman in the early stages of her life. Maybe things happened to her that caused her to be mentally unstable and nothing was done about it. I do know there was a clip of her on TV last night, now I don't know if she was pleading or not, but I know she was charged with other crimes against two other children. I think that is what she was in court about. I will turn N.G. on tonight to see if I see any new news on it. It is such a horrible crime against Sandra and to think that a woman was capable of committing it is still more disturbing. Sandra did not have to die, if persons close by knew of how unstable she was, she should have gotten help a long time ago and Sandra would be still alive. I just hope she pays dearly for this crime, because she should never be free to hurt anyone else. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???