Welcome to UnsolvedCanada.ca

This forum lists unsolved murders and missing people from Canada and other related discussions. If you wish to add a case, please create an account and add it, or send the information using the 'Contact' link on the top menu. Please Read The Rules Here.

Question:

Why are many people unwilling to provide tips to police that could solve a murder?

Author Topic: Rhonda Wilson - Missing - August 7, 2002 - Kentville, NS  (Read 25968 times)

peripeteia

• View Profile
Re: Rhonda Wilson - Missing - August 7, 2002 - Kentville, NS
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2011, 08:56:09 AM »
The place where the psychics thought that Rhonda's body was dumped re: north Mountain, is a vast area, which many large plots of and 300 and 400 acres are privately owned, and the areas are heavily wooded.
My guess if the family might know the person responsible, it to check the properties he might own, or his relatives, or old haunts, i.e. anyplace he might hunt, hang around as a child, etc.  This is the usual way
perps work.  Grandparents, aunts uncles, cousins property.....  The burden of proof, nothing like a good sting set up by police, i.e. Clarissa Boudreau's case

babyface1939_3

• http://www.facebook.com/jennifer.corbin.71
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2011, 09:40:35 AM »
The place where the psychics thought that Rhonda's body was dumped re: north Mountain, is a vast area, which many large plots of and 300 and 400 acres are privately owned, and the areas are heavily wooded.
My guess if the family might know the person responsible, it to check the properties he might own, or his relatives, or old haunts, i.e. anyplace he might hunt, hang around as a child, etc.  This is the usual way
perps work.  Grandparents, aunts uncles, cousins property.....  The burden of proof, nothing like a good sting set up by police, i.e. Clarissa Boudreau's case

Interesting..Thanks for posting the name of where they thought she was.I had pics of the area,but I am not familliar with kentville at all,i think I was only ever there once,at the hospital.So I have no clue what so ever the area and I dont know many people there.

kassiepoo

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2011, 10:43:37 AM »
Rhonda's family did go to the place the psychic believes to hold her remains. They were involved in this, and they have strong belief in what they have been told. They are just so frustrated due to the police not putting any faith in the psychic. 

babyface1939_3

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2011, 04:17:56 PM »
Rhonda's family did go to the place the psychic believes to hold her remains. They were involved in this, and they have strong belief in what they have been told. They are just so frustrated due to the police not putting any faith in the psychic.

May I ask who you are? I am Rhonda's sister.

malloryknox

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2011, 08:27:18 PM »
It's sickening to me that police officers in some communities ignore a missing person case simply because they were in the sex trade or lived a rough life with drugs ect. If they paid more attention to these women and did more following up on "john's" there would be no robert pickton - well there would be picktons but there wouldn't be ones so successful at evil.

I think with murder and that people eventually talk. Let's hope they will for this. RIP Rhonda may god be with your family and may they find justice and everything else they need to piece this thing together!

babyface1939_3

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2011, 09:45:56 AM »
It's sickening to me that police officers in some communities ignore a missing person case simply because they were in the sex trade or lived a rough life with drugs ect. If they paid more attention to these women and did more following up on "john's" there would be no robert pickton - well there would be picktons but there wouldn't be ones so successful at evil.

I think with murder and that people eventually talk. Let's hope they will for this. RIP Rhonda may god be with your family and may they find justice and everything else they need to piece this thing together!

It happened a lot 10 years ago.I dont think it happens as much now?! I could be mistaken? We have never even found her body,so in the end we have been left wondering.It is sad,how people treated people like Rhonda,and didnt  do more for her,to help find her.Who knows how this would haev played out if more people cared and tried to help find her?

whispersoftly

• justice ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2011, 08:49:57 AM »
hey babyface..... i was wondering maybe  you or someone in your your family or one of rhonda's children  should contact the chronicle herald..they just did a story on leslie ann conrad..and seeing as your sister and her were missing around the same time and no one really covered rhonda, you could always see if they're willing to do a story now.....

there is no harm in trying. even maybe contact someone at the free online papers.... southshorenow.ca, theadvance.ca..... etc and let everyone on here know what their replies were.

and if they refuse you should post what they had to say on this site...(maybe leaving out names? I dont know you'd have to ask a mod about that) but you get my drift..

kassiepoo

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2011, 09:28:49 AM »

My name is Kathleen and I grew up with Rhonda and her sisters. I was best friends with her sister Tammy and my younger sister and Rhonda were best childhood friends. Are you her sister from her dad's side?

babyface1939_3

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2011, 08:56:18 PM »

My name is Kathleen and I grew up with Rhonda and her sisters. I was best friends with her sister Tammy and my younger sister and Rhonda were best childhood friends. Are you her sister from her dad's side?

Hey Kathleen,nice to meet you!
Yes,I am her sister from her dad's side.Her dad is my dad.Maybe sometime,we can talk.I am in contact with her children,who are 11 now,and they always ask about her,They dont know much about her,but love hearing things about her.Any storries you could share,even when they were young would be awesome! People often forget about her kids,and how they are feeling.they were just babies when she disappeared and they would like to know stuff about her.They are going through a rough time right now,so anything \i could share with them would be great!

babyface1939_3

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2011, 09:01:17 PM »
hey babyface..... i was wondering maybe  you or someone in your your family or one of rhonda's children  should contact the chronicle herald..they just did a story on leslie ann conrad..and seeing as your sister and her were missing around the same time and no one really covered rhonda, you could always see if they're willing to do a story now.....

there is no harm in trying. even maybe contact someone at the free online papers.... southshorenow.ca, theadvance.ca..... etc and let everyone on here know what their replies were.

and if they refuse you should post what they had to say on this site...(maybe leaving out names? I dont know you'd have to ask a mod about that) but you get my drift..

hey,that sounds like a good idea! I never thought of that.I will,look into it soon,I am waiting to hear back about a few things so I dont want to stir things up or post anything that I shouldnt.Since re-opening her case,I've heard some stuff that I'm not sure if I should post,or talk about.But as soon as I can or find anything out I will post it!Thanks everyone for your support,it's nice to see people care,even if it's year later....

peripeteia

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2012, 06:37:38 PM »
Believe it or not, the police in Kentville did go to a psychic.  I was talking to a woman at the woman's shelter in Kentville, and
she asked me to read her palms, and then she let me listen to a recording that the psychic Edna had recorded while she gave this woman a reading, and on the tape the door bell rings, there are dogs barking and Edna goes to the door, the recording is left going, and it is the police, and Edna comes back to the woman who she is doing the reading and says it is the police, and she must finish the reading because she is helping the police look for a  woman who is believed dead/murdered.... I do not know if this was the local Kentville police or the RCMP. I hope that some things are happening with the investigation into Rhonda's disappearance...This was about 2 years after Rhonda went missing. 

malloryknox

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2012, 10:04:17 AM »
The ns RCMP have added herbtontheir major crime reward where information received can lead to a pay out of 150000! Let's hope they find something out!

malloryknox

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2012, 10:26:29 AM »
Wow *added her to their major crime* sry for the spelling and Debbie c I see you posted this information over a yr ago. I just saw this today on my ns RCMP fb update.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2013, 02:56:30 PM »
I had a PM today from a person calling themselves "Bluenose48" and said they had watched this story in Mississauga, Ontario and asked if I knew Rhonda. I was totally surprised by this message, because why would this person think I knew her???? I went to answer the message and could not reply to this screen name. I couldn't remember this case and thought that they were speaking of an Ontario case. That is when I googled and found Rhonda's case, because it was on the Psychics show.  If I was anyone related to Rhonda, I would be looking to reopen this investigation and make it headline news. This is a sad experience indeed that there was not a lot of investigation done to find out what happened to Rhonda. Come on Kentville, get going on this cold case. And it was in 2002 she went missing, now 11 years and not a lot done to find out what happened to this young woman. Kentville certainly does not have that much crime that they can't get into this case and find out what happened to Rhonda. Get off your asses up there and get to it. WHAT HAPPENED TO RHONDA. Did someone get away with MURDER?????? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

babyface1939_3

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2013, 10:39:14 PM »
The detectives on the case are amazing,and have done so much to find out what happendd to Rhonda. They are close,and no one is getting away with anything. The detectives are working their ass's off.Whoever did this to Rhonda will be found,.Sorry,I can not post specifics,or details.

A garden of tears: the murder of Kathryn-Mary Herbert

A casefile of events and story related to the 1975 murder of Kathryn Mary Herbert (Sutton).

Click Here