Author Topic: Yukon River Murders  (Read 6423 times)

fortune

• View Profile
Yukon River Murders
« on: March 03, 2009, 01:31:08 AM »
There have been years of murders near "Sleepy Hollow" in Whitehorse, beside the Yukon River. I am unfamiliar with the signatures of the murders (mostly brutal beatings?) Many of the murdered men discovered new each other. Farther down river in Dawson City there are similiar cases including missing persons similiar to those found in Whitehorse. (Mostly strong skilled outdoor men and strong swimmers) I can think of at least seven murdered and some that were never found. More recent, two seperate murders in or near those areas were committed by women seeking hard core drugs. These missing and murdered persons deserve open investigations. Similarity with the Carlick case is that she was discovered in the Takhini River area where it flows from the Yukon River.     

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Yukon River Murders
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 05:26:45 AM »
Thanks for posting.

That is weird. For such a small city, that is quite a lot of murders. I hope it is not being ignored.

bluejay67

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 02:31:28 PM »
Surely some investigation should be done on these murders if there are so many of the same kind, it sounds much like a serial killer is getting away with a lot. Do they think it is related to a drug ring? ??? ??? ??? ???

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 08:09:02 AM »
I was thinking drug ring myself but maybe not all related. I was in Yukon a few times, whitehorse seems to be like a small town, everyone knows everyone and secrets are hard to keep. Would not surprise me if the police know who did them, but are short on proof.

jtmtpleasant

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 03:54:14 PM »
Would you happen to know the names of the victims?