Author Topic: DENISE BOURDEAU (39) UNSOLVED MURDER WATERLOO ON (DEC.31, 2006)  (Read 17937 times)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: DENISE BOURDEAU (39) UNSOLVED MURDER WATERLOO ON (DEC.31, 2006)
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2014, 05:14:36 PM »
The following message was sent in to site by denise 67 (Mom).

Thomas trial for Denise Bourdeau began Jan. 13th.2014. However after so many submissions from Thomas's lawyers, court was ajourned. Now we wait for another court booking and sequester another jury. We have been told Dec. 2014.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 04:28:00 PM by debbiec »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2014, 04:27:39 PM »
The following message was sent in to site by denise 67 (Mom).

Court was once again delayed due to him firing his lawyers. Now we begin once again Jan.5th. 2015

I've sent you an email denise67.

SAP

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2014, 12:31:32 AM »
He is just playing the system and knows exactly what he is doing. This has to be very difficult on Denise's family.

me

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2014, 02:44:43 PM »
This happens far too often.  Judges need to crack down and mandate that the accused cannot change lawyers within 6 months of the trial date.

I care about Canadians

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2015, 08:08:15 PM »
Jan 02, 2015

Trial set to begin Monday in eight-year-old murder case
David Robert Thomasalmost eight years after the badly decomposed body of his girlfriend was found along the banks of the Grand River.

Denise Bourdeau, 39, had been in an on-again, off-again relationship with Thomas, now 52, for about two years when she was last seen leaving a Waterloo bar with him on New Year's Eve in 2006.

A man walking his dog in the area of Old Mill Road near Conestoga College came upon her body after the spring thaw about 31/2 months following her disappearance.

Jurors for the second-degree murder trial of Thomas were picked about this time last year, only to be dismissed without hearing from any witnesses after the case bogged down over legal issues.

A new jury is now slated for selection starting Monday to consider evidence expected to last in Superior Court in Kitchener for about eight weeks.

Bourdeau, a mother of three who worked at a toy factory, lived with Thomas in an apartment on Silverbirch Road in Waterloo.

Following the discovery of her body in spring 2007, Thomas wasn't arrested until summer 2011 while working on construction of the new Kitchener courthouse where he will now be tried.

bcaldwell@therecord.com

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/5240578-trial-set-to-begin-monday-in-eight-year-old-murder-case/

me

• View Profile

wantedwanted

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2015, 09:19:09 PM »
There is absolutely heartbreaking evidence coming out at trial. Best wishes to Denise's family and friends. I hope they can find the strength to endure this. Denise Bourdeau deserved so much better than this.

From The Record: http://www.therecord.com/news-story/5261101--i-only-wanted-to-love-you-alleged-murder-victim-wrote/http://www.therecord.com/news-story/5258207-dead-woman-s-blood-very-obvious-in-boyfriend-s-car/
Another update from Friday here: http://www.therecord.com/news-story/5262629-accused-killer-blamed-girlfriend-for-beating-even-after-counselling/
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 09:22:32 PM by wantedwanted »

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2015, 12:32:57 AM »
Her blood and hair was found in his car three weeks after she went missing in 2006 and this is going trial NINE YEARS later??

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2015, 05:57:21 PM »
I hear you, imagine, her blood and DNA was found in his car and this is just getting to trial. I'd say that Denise's family is possibly like the rest of us, not wealthy, we don't have a doctor or a professional individual in high places or this would have been taken care of long ago. Justice is for the wealthy, someone who can pay the big bucks and get things done. But if you're just an everyday joe, then that is when you have to fight tooth and nail to get justice, even when the evidence hits you right between the eyes. God bless the family and I hope that the justice they waited for will be ultimately handed down.  :o :o :o :o :o

justsayin

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2015, 11:04:22 AM »
If there was evidence that he had abused her in the past, that hair and blood evidence could speak to that but also prove to be circumstantial for murder.  It could work in the opposite way you would think.  JMO.

SAP

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2015, 01:01:44 PM »
I agree with you Justsayin. Somewhere in these articles I read that police needed more evidence than what they had. Hair fall all over and that is one thing they can always find easily, especially if the person has long hair, plus Denise probably rode in that vehicle many times. They didn't mention how much blood was found or if the hair and blood were mixed or not. If it was just a smear, it wouldn't be enough for a slam dunk. Whatever it is they have now, I hope it's enough to put this vicious creep away for the max our lenient system allows.

wantedwanted

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2015, 06:33:52 AM »
Last night David Thomas was found guilty of second degree murder in the death of Denise Bourdeau:

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/5475860-thomas-guilty-of-second-degree-murder-in-death-of-denise-bourdeau/

Thomas will recieve an automatic life sentence. Interestingly, when they were asked to recommend parole eligibility, half of the 12 jurors recommended the maximum 25 years. Five suggested between 14 and 24 years. The judge ultimately decided on a parole eligibility of between 10 and 25 years.

It's been a long, sad road to get to this point. I'm glad Denise's killer was identified, even after so long, and that he's now faced judgement for his crimes. He's got a long time to think about what he's done. Maybe one day he'll be remorseful and will accept responsibility, but somehow I don't think so. I hope Denise is resting in peace now, and that her family will be able to cherish the good memories of her as they try to move on from this ugly time.