Author Topic: Kathryn-Mary Herbert - Unsolved Murder - Abbotsford BC (1975)  (Read 59637 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Kathryn-Mary Herbert - Unsolved Murder - Abbotsford BC (1975)
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2009, 03:02:10 AM »
Shari I am so sorry about your daughter and I too am shocked and saddened by how badly this case was messed up.

It was hard to watch that documentary. To know there was probably a person out there killing at will and no one got him. It is amazing.

Without naming names, is there a particular suspect that you believe is the right one?

Thank you,

Chris

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 08:16:45 PM »
Shari, my thoughts are with you also. I have never heard or saw such a mess of a serious crime as this, which should have had every known police officer in the area dedicated to solving this case. I just couldn't believe the careless attitude in speaking of lost documents and Exhibits. And the fact that there is a suspect in mind that might have committed this crime is even more absurd. God bless and I truly hope that someday there will be an end to this and the crime will be solved. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Alder

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2009, 11:45:03 PM »
Shari,  I'm so very sorry about your daughter and the terrible way this case was handled.  As for the suspect, since he had an actual conviction as a sexual offender in some other case, is this not information that can be publicly mentioned?  I mean, why not start a thread on that character with information based on court records or news articles.  I thought such records are as public as can be.  Let's put his picture there too.  Seems to me that this is done in many other instances in other threads on this website.  Of course, I would not suggest doing anything that would jeopardize the case or your safety.

Lillie

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2009, 04:03:55 PM »
Thank you all for your support. I went to the sex offender page provided here and his name is not there. But, so too, is not the name of former Canadian Premier Crietien's son. It is my belief that because of Crietien's son, we have these inadequate laws to protect our children and women from these wastes of skin.
In answer to the question about the sex offender articals, no it was not me. I used to collect all of that stuff and it became so painful for me I had to stop.
I have a call into Ottawa, actually several calls and to date have not heard back from them. Sadly, members of parliament think they are more important then God and so the public does not have access to them. I will keep bugging until they return my call.
Thanks
Shari
PS sorry...in answer to the suggestion I reveal the name of the main suspect because he has former convictions...I cannot name him as a suspect in Kath's case.

D1

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2009, 07:23:13 PM »
I understand why it is not in your best interests to reveal the name of the suspect here. Maybe you have even had threats or this person has money and influence, whatever, that's your business. Perhaps he could just be reported to the private sex offender registry website for now. There is no need to mention the connections to Katheryn, just the straight factual evidence from the prior conviction would suffice. At least anyone with suspicions who checks up on him now would know to keep their children away.

Lillie

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2009, 05:58:29 PM »
I am sorry not to have answered sooner..I have not been threatened in any way by this person (at least not to my knowledge). If I had the facts, names, dates, charges..I would submit his name so fast his head would spin. But, none were ever made clear to me.
I wish I could, but, as it stands, I cannot.
Love
Shari

Sleuth

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2009, 12:00:26 AM »
There is nothing I would like better then to name names...but, I cannot. I could be sued big time for doing that. I just do not have the funds to ward off a law suit.

Hi Shari, thank you for your postings, and straightening out misconception. My heart goes out to you. Actually you can name names, as long as it is formed in a question with a question mark at the end. Shari, please PM me. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 12:14:55 AM by Sleuth »

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2009, 12:30:18 AM »
Hi Lilli,  So glad you joined us! 

I was reading "missing Pieces" dated 2006.  You gave alot of information , and said police have alot more we are not priviledged to.  I just cannot understand how this is not solvable. With the mistakes that were made, one would think the police did not want it solved!!

Just a quick question about the lost letters.  Were they addressed to kathryn-Mary at her home , or to the rcmp at their bldg.    Did  rcmp get them from your mailbox?

Lillie

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2009, 04:45:26 PM »
They were addressed to her.

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2009, 01:42:42 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply Lillie.  The person who delivered the letters to the rcmp, do you know who that is?  I wonder why they didn't give them to you first?  Unless they were sure there was a confession in them and didn't want you to view it!

Lillie

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2009, 04:18:16 AM »
They gave them to the Abbotsford Police, who then sent them to the RCMP 'E' Division lab. They lost the letters.
I just have to think the police were stupid in their handling of the letters. Had they brought them to me, I may have been able to identify the author.
And, the Abby cops do not remember who brought the letters in.
And, the cold squad has had information for over two years they have not acted on!!!! I cannot get a response from them as to why not...IDIOTS!!!!
Shari

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2009, 04:25:22 AM »
That letter is very important. No one sends letters like that except serial killers or people trying to trick the police.

With any luck, they can find that letter somehow. I'm leaning towards believing it was a diversion. It's hard to believe no one can remember who brought it in, that is just plain weird.

I do hope, these past 2 years, the police are acting on your information and will update you soon.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2009, 04:50:01 PM »
sorry; I find it hard to believe mail addressed to someone who was murdered, was just "misplaced" causing the mail to disappear.  Anything and everything could be important to someone trying to figure out who could have motive and opportunity to do this.  ....such recent mail would be just as important as any other piece of evidence. >:(

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2009, 09:18:02 PM »
Having turned things into the police several times myself I find it pretty lame for them to say they don't remember who gave them the letters. 

I had to give name,address and phone # before I could leave the items with them.

There is something hinkey going on here for sure.

D1

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2009, 10:25:14 PM »
Too many mistakes and too many years passing with nothing being done?? All too suspect for me. This kind of stuff just doesn't happen this way unless someone wants it to. This was the murder of an innocent young girl, not just a run of the mill burglary investigation. I call B.S. This is all very reminiscent of what went on with RCMP informant Terry Arnold during his murder spree. Those letters aren't lost, they are being hidden.
see- http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php/topic,3056.0.html
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 02:02:20 AM by D1 »