Welcome to UnsolvedCanada.ca

This forum lists unsolved murders and missing people from Canada and other related discussions. If you wish to add a case, please create an account and add it, or send the information using the 'Contact' link on the top menu. Please Read The Rules Here.

Question:

Why are many people unwilling to provide tips to police that could solve a murder?

Author Topic: DYLAN KOSHMAN, MISSING OCT. 11, 2008  (Read 27705 times)

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: DYLAN KOSHMAN, MISSING OCT. 11, 2008
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2009, 07:43:51 PM »
Solvy, apparently he was drinking a lot that evening and possibly so were the roomates. As I understand it there was an argument and that is when he left. As I understand it, that was where he resided, with these roommates. I truly believe that someone is keeping a secret of what really happened that night. Each person should be interrogated again and see how their story adds up.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2009, 09:23:52 AM »
I'm sure you've said that before cape .... and rightfully so!  Imo, I don't believe he left that place and left his wallet behind;  I would believe, however, his wallet got dropped during whatever transpired that those roomies have yet to admit.   My gut tells me he never left his roomie's company....or if he did make a run out of there, someone went after or with him.  (or maybe he even came back for his wallet and that's when something, yet unadmitted, transpired.)  anything is possible and certainly more likely than just "vanishing into thin air".

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2009, 10:30:02 AM »
Ditto on that Solvy and Lost, the roomies know what happened to Dylan. How many times have we seen this in the past, who saw the person last and when. How could this young man disappear into thin air. If he was that intoxicated, he wouldn't get far, he would just lay down and fall asleep somewhere. Somebody would have come across him or seen him. I really hope they interrogate the last persons to have seen him again. ??? ??? ??? ???

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2010, 10:01:45 PM »
I have been re-reading this thread today and I am sure that some posts have been deleted.  I remember posts from a person claiming to be a cousin (female) .

she stated that she had 2 cousins leave the house at the time of the argument, only Dylan didnt come back.

I am aware that only the poster can delete their own post.  Wonder why she did that?

Does anyone else remember this ?  Cape or Lost?   Or am I losing my mind!!

chet

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2010, 11:22:35 PM »
i remember solvy.

i also remember last year some confusion as there was another thread for dylan on the main alberta page. i emailed chris about it and disappearing and it appears he may have been trying to combine the two, but the other thread was deleted. the cousin may have posted there. or, as you say, the cousin may have deleted her own posts.

you're not losing your mind!

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2010, 11:36:18 PM »
Thankks chet,   

This case is one I have been watching closely, but havent seen anything new lately.  Hence the review .  If this was fact, it was not released by the police. ther is nothing new at Last Link  either.

I got the impression that the poster was trying to deflect our strong view  that the cousins knew more than they were telling.

If that poster is still reading, come back, we really wouldlike your input.

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2010, 02:59:30 AM »
Yes Des it is interesting alright.  I always wonder at the amount of guests we have looking in on the posts at any given time of the day or night.  Are they the same people over & over checking on specific cases, or like you say just popping in to see if anything is new with one particular case. 

For sure I think if murderers have access to the internet they will find this site, and their curiosity would not let them pass it by without a peek.  ( thats kinda creepy isnt it)

As for LE , We would be silly to think that the board hasnt been looked at, as a potential resource.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2010, 06:39:53 PM »
I don't remember the comment about the cousin saying that three went out and only two came back, minus Dylan. Of course, that doesn't mean that it wasn't on here. And why would that comment be removed, is right. Pressure should be put on once again with the last people who saw Dylan. Somebody like you say will crack and give it up on what really lhappened that night. ??? ??? ??? ???

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2010, 09:43:58 PM »
the comment from the cousin sounds familar to me..... I'm pretty sure there was one here early in the year...(unless that was on another thread)  was Dylan mentioned on another thread....like a discussion thread or in the member's lounge?
I've noticed posts disappearing too....like people come out with something...then they get scared off. :-\

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2010, 10:24:12 PM »
Thank you all for your answers.  I think Chet is right, that there was another thread and when they were combined, some posts got lost.  As I also was confused about the posters comments, and Adrien and I posted to each other about it. 

She did not say how many people were in the house that night, only that 2 were asked to leave. Dylan did not come home. did not say when the other person returned either....

So many ??'s

If the family is still willing to believe the cousins story and think Dylan is just missing, why arnt there more concrete facts being put forth.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2010, 04:34:58 PM »
SAP, I am with you on this one also. I believe that the answer is right back at that house and the persons who were there know what happened. The police have to interrogate more and keep going back, because someone will crack because there were several people there. So many crimes are not solved, because the police are not doing enough or maybe they're shorthanded and can't put the time on it. Some of these cases should be brought to the front burner, because it is only 2008 that Dylan went missing. This is the time to lean on someone and get some answers, before the case goes too cold and people move away and they disappear into the sunset. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2010, 01:32:15 AM »
Hi Jellybean and welcome.

I think a lot of what you have said is very possible.  But I would think that the police would have been able to tell if the crime scene was in that house.  I am sure they checked the home thoroughly.

The back and forth to the house that you mention is very possible.  I also wonder why he would leave taking his cell, but not his coat, unless he didn'tplan on being away too long.  It was cold that night in Oct.

Apparently many searches have been done around the areas with no positive results.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2010, 11:52:40 AM »
I have stated this from my first comments, the answer is back at the apartment. The people who were with Dylan that night, know what happened to him. Dylan was not reported missing for a couple of days, so there was time to clean a crime scene. Why do the police just walk away and not investigate with a search warrant in these cases. So many cases where the person did not leave the last place they were in alive. So many domestic violence cases that end right at the home the person was living in. In my opinion, Dylan did not leave that residence walking away. Something very violent happened to Dylan and somebody knows it that was there that night. Take them all in for questioning again, somebody is going to crack. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2010, 10:31:53 PM »

At this point jellybean anything is a possibility. If and until Dylan is found and this is resolved one way or the other every scenario should be considered.

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2010, 11:08:51 PM »
Jelly bean

I don't think anything about the contents of his wallet was released.    Just thinking about your scenario.  What would be the advantage of them NOT calling the police when and if this happened, and just calling it an accident.  Why take the trouble to tamper with the body and hide it.

A garden of tears: the murder of Kathryn-Mary Herbert

A casefile of events and story related to the 1975 murder of Kathryn Mary Herbert (Sutton).

Click Here