Author Topic: DYLAN KOSHMAN, MISSING OCT. 11, 2008  (Read 88922 times)

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
Re: DYLAN KOSHMAN, MISSING OCT. 11, 2008
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2017, 09:35:36 PM »
Why did this take so long?  Clark is very good - can't believe why he would drag on investigating this disappearance - It has been 8 years.  Gosh, even citizens could see that something was fishy about Dylan's disappearance very early on.

I hope that Cool Cop Clark
 can solve it.

JB

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2017, 03:34:43 PM »
Going back to page one of this thread, sadly all posters felt that Dylan lost his life that night - and did not go missing on his own. 

It was his gf who reported him missing a few days later.  So, any cleanup of the house would have already taken place.  Cops were not suspicious - that anything was amiss.  It has taken 8 years for the police to turn this over to homicide. 

I would like to know what the fighting was all about.  Seems to me, word got out that Dylan was going to initiate a fight with his cousin as soon as his cousin arrived home.

I think it was accidental.  One big drunken brawl.   Dylan was only twenty, and his cousins are supposed to be grown men.

The cousins refused lie detector tests - so that says alot.

Time to tell the truth - whatever the truth is........

This 8 year old secret - should be exposed.

Give Dylan's mother some peace.  She has suffered long enough.

jb

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2017, 03:38:01 PM »
This is what a close family member has to say: (from page 8
- Dylan was living with his two older male cousins
- all that we mainly know are from the cousin's statements
- we know a fight broke at that night between them and Dylan
- and that alcohol was involved
- according to the cousins, they kicked Dylan out the house after the fight; and he walked out the back gate to never be seen again
- our family was not notified of him being missing till Oct 15,2008 by his girl friend

- after numerous times of her trying to get a hold of Dylan, and not being satisfied with the answers the cousins were giving her ( such as them not allowing her into the house the next day, and after calling the police, where she was disregarded as a 'over concerned girlfriend')
-we also know that his wallet with all his i.d. and bank card were found in the next door neighbours back yard (when the police did their 300meter search on the 6 day of Dylan being missing)
-The police did a walk through the house, but they did NOT do forensics or test for DNA
-neighbours have told us personally that they had called 911, 3 different times that night after witnessing a 'very violent fight out in the front yard' ; and that the calls were not responded to
- also what was stated on here, that his last ping showed that he was still in the area, and his last calls were to a different cousin who he tried to get a hold of 6-7 times within 3 mins

Neighbors called 3 times due to the violence and police did not send a vehicle around. The loving cousins didn't leave anyone into the house, and the LE only did a walk through, after the place was cleaned up. 6 to 7 pings within 3 minutes to another cousin ... Dylan was desperate, either due to being cold or being badly injured or both. Did he go back for his jacket since he couldn't reach the other cousin?

This spells out the whole sordid night, potential cover up, and cops slow to respond.

jb

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2017, 05:22:59 PM »
Yes, the wallet in the backyard of the neighbours - appears to be a heave ho, after the fact.

I have always thought that Dylan tried to get back into the house, to get his jacket at the very least.  I think he did get back in - and something happened then.  By this time, his cousin from Moose Jaw had already left.  I wonder where his cousin Cameron went after leaving the house?

He would have to bunk up somewhere.

JB

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2017, 09:10:02 PM »
I think the cousins who rented the home worked around construction sites.

That might be a good place to start to look for remains.  That was 8 years ago though.

It was a long weekend, so any late nite or early am  activity would not be viewed with suspicion.

I think with the right kind of questioning, answers may be forthcoming.  Whomever did this, may be ready to get it off of their chests.
But, it depends upon how far along they are with their lives.  Perhaps married by now and with kids of their own.   Should that be the case, it would be difficult to give it all up.

jb

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 29, 2017, 06:13:38 PM »
Time to MAN UP!!

Unfortunately, this has now been turned over to homicide - so this paints a different picture as to the type of  attention paid to you by cops.

No more Missing Person detective hanging around to ask questions... it is now big league - it sits smack in the middle of the Homicide Squad.!!

Well now, you can just imagine...... 

Cops are like bulldogs - when they hone in on you - they never let go and they never give up.
May as well get it over with...... talk to a man of the cloth, get a lawyer and turn yourself in.
Spare yourself further anxiety. It will only gets worse - until you clear this matter up.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/dylan-koshman-missing-2016-1.3798016
The last memory Alix has of her son was seeing him at her birthday celebration in 2008. He sang happy birthday to her and told her how much he loved her.

"Even though it's bittersweet, I was glad we had such an uplifting conversation even though it was the last one we had."

"The pain is still as strong as it was the day we found out he was gone. That is why we want peace so badly. We want to find answers."

Barring new information or a break in the case, the group will be back next year, raising awareness for the long-lost man they miss so dearly.

"We're not going to lose hope, and we will continue to make this journey for him to Edmonton until we have answers.

"I'd give anything for it."
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 06:43:25 PM by jellybean »

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 29, 2017, 09:14:26 PM »
Cops are like bulldogs - when they hone in on you - they never let go and they never give up.

Yep, even though they begin at a sleeping turtle pace.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 29, 2017, 09:34:49 PM »
Sap1
Yep, even though they begin at a sleeping turtle pace.

Makes one wonder..... if cops did make that house call, these men would have been thrown in the klink for fighting, etc...with
.. time to cool off.

Things might have been different.

However, it was a long, long week-end, no doubt many citizens were behaving  badly...... and kept too busy to respond to that call.  Tired excuse..... I know.....

Beats me as to why - they treated it - as a missing person only....... and for eight years to boot!!
They really slipped up on that one.

jb
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 01:09:51 AM by jellybean »

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 29, 2017, 10:03:26 PM »
Pretty basic problem arises here.  No forensics - no body - nada.  Just a hunch from homicide.

jb

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 01, 2017, 07:12:04 PM »
This case is again receiving quite a momentum. According to media, police are gaining a lot more tips recently.

Note to perps: You can run but you can't hide forever.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 02, 2017, 01:17:46 AM »
Messages left by cops all over the place.      Something like.... We would like you to drop into the police station around 6 pm, to answer a few questions regarding the disappearance of Dylan Koshman.

-or -

We have set up  an appointment for a lie detector test on Tuesday at 8:00 a.m.  Be there!!

jb

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 02, 2017, 01:36:04 PM »
The guilty must be stressed now.  Only takes that one good lead . Le will be busy comparing what was said then and now. One small bit of information that was never revealed is all it could take.  One neighbor that was never interviewed may hold the key ? One witness that never came forward but has over the years realized they saw something that night.  Whomever knows what became of Dylan must surely be feeling anxiety.

And they should be feeling anxiety. I hope they are being totally tormented by their consciences.
I believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel now, finally.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 02, 2017, 02:12:09 PM »
http://www.edmontonsun.com/2017/03/31/tip-hotline-opened-in-dylan-koshman-case

Tip hotline opened in Dylan Koshman case

BY JURIS GRANEY
FIRST POSTED: FRIDAY, MARCH 31, 2017 05:13 PM MDT | UPDATED: FRIDAY, MARCH 31, 2017 05:17 PM MDT
photo of DYLAN KOSHMAN Disappearance suspicious
photo of DYLAN KOSHMAN
Article

Change text size for the storyPrint this story
Report an error
Related Stories
Koshman disappearance baffles cops
Search continues for missing man
Family and friends of missing Dylan Koshman gather at vigil in Edmonton
Family holds vigil for missing man
Anniversary marked in Koshman disappearance
Vigil held for Dylan Koshman
Family, friends pray for missing man's return
Families of missing persons want DNA databank
Family still looking for missing 21-year-old
Edmonton police still looking for Dylan Koshman six years later

Edmonton city police opened a telephone hotline Friday to help gather information into the disappearance of Dylan Koshman more than eight years ago.

Wearing a dark shirt, blue jeans and white sneakers, Koshman, then 21, left his home in the area of 104 Street and 33 Avenue at about 2:30 a.m., Oct. 11, 2008, following an alcohol-fuelled argument with his roommates.

Koshman, who had moved from Moose Jaw to Edmonton six months prior to his disappearance, was last seen at the southwest corner of 34 Avenue and Calgary Trail.

His girlfriend reported him missing four days later.

Staff Sgt. Duane Hunter said members from homicide, missing persons and historical homicide sections were continuing to investigate the "suspicious circumstances behind Koshman's disappearance."

Hunter said recent media coverage of the case had created renewed interest leading to new information, and they hoped more would follow.

"We want to make sure that we don't miss anything," he said.

"We look at it from every angle (to) make sure we don't miss any speck of evidence and that the investigation is concluded thoroughly.

"More people should come forward and start providing the information they have regarding this case."

Anyone with information surround Koshman's disappearance may call the hotline on 780-391-5444.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 02, 2017, 02:45:39 PM »
Ever notice that when cops begin to go down the path that the public approved of - in the first place - in this case murder ..... suddenly people talk. 

Fairly quiet prior, when cops were led to believe that he went missing.... on his own accord.

jb

Red Viewfinder

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 18, 2017, 08:19:51 PM »
I snooped Cameron Koshman's FB page today. Take a look. He is not exactly the boy next door. It is possible that there is way more to all of this. I wonder if there is any speculation about drug involvement?