Welcome to UnsolvedCanada.ca

This forum lists unsolved murders and missing people from Canada and other related discussions. If you wish to add a case, please create an account and add it, or send the information using the 'Contact' link on the top menu. Please Read The Rules Here.

Question:

Why are many people unwilling to provide tips to police that could solve a murder?

Author Topic: DYLAN KOSHMAN, MISSING OCT. 11, 2008  (Read 27910 times)

mauvelilac

Re: DYLAN KOSHMAN, MISSING OCT. 11, 2008
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 06:26:49 PM »
The man in the States, the remote viewer did a reading or a dream whatever you prefer.

http://www.briansprediction.com/MISSING/publicr/DylanKoshman648.htm

Anyone recognize the area?

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 07:04:03 PM »
Here are the two statements Brian makes in his prediction:

"Dylan did not know how much S had give(n) him - cant see, mouth is dry -- shacking, foam from mouth - eyes are not there"

"they told police lies, they know it - stories do not make sense, look at page 57 in log - truth will be known on radio"

"cheese fried - body in area 7 ave river"

If went missing from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan...there is a river and a 7th Ave.

I hope this DD is wrong, I felt sick when I got up today.

Brian

..... also he believes this is the area Dylan is in. (7th ave. runs as a verticle line down the centre of the picture/map.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 07:08:29 PM by lostlinganer »

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 12:28:52 AM »
When I read Bryan's dream, I thought  that Dylan was originally from Moose Jaw, but he disappeared from Edm.  So I went to Google earth and checked the area where the residence was that he disappeared from. 

checked the major roads leading away from there, and found 7th ave.  followed a couple of main roads til I acame up to the Saskatchewan river.  Now Its pretty isolated  there, but there is a golf course and other buildings I can't identify.  Lots of track type roads leading away from the golf course and down the river.

I wish I knew how to copy the google map here.

I don't think he left Edmonton at all.  It would be good if the police would check along the river  at about  7th ave.

mauvelilac

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 09:41:43 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, Dylan was originally from Moose Jaw. I personally think he didn't leave his apartment under his own willpower. If he left at all, he left dead. Someone in Alberta needs too tell police to check their records of the two roommates. I think Dylan will be found when the snow melts. If I lived closer I'd go looking myself. I think Brian's close on this one. I got a bad feeling reading it, that's why I posted it.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 03:59:33 PM »
I have also a feeling that the roommates of Dylan are responsible in some fashion for what happened to him. The police must go back and investigate the roommates, question them separately and take a video statement from each one of them and go over their stories with a fine tooth comb. Also, the forensics team should be taken to that apartment to check out any foul play. If the roommates have nothing to hide, it shouldn't be hard to do this. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2009, 02:27:47 AM »
AWE, his mom just posted this on kijiji.ca

Address: Edmonton, AB
Date Listed: 24-Jul-09

Our son DYLAN KOSHMAN went missing Oct. 10, 2008. He was last seen leaving his house in Edmonton just off Calgary Trail and 34 Ave.
He is now 22, 5' 9", 180 lbs (may weigh less than he did in this picture), longer (thick) brown hair and brown facial hair.  He has a dimple on his left cheek and a light scar by his right eyebrow.
His disappearing like this is not like Dylan. He is loved by his family and friends, and is greatly missed. We just want him back or to know where he is.

If you’ve seen him, please call the Edmonton Police at 780-423-4567
Or Crime Stoppers (completely anonymous) at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477)

*Thank you everybody for caring and continuing to support Dylan, his family, and friends. Keep hoping and praying*

http://fortmcmurray.kijiji.ca/c-community-lost-found-MISSING-PERSON-Please-look-W0QQAdIdZ144277869

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2009, 06:49:53 PM »
It is not likely that Dylan is going to be found alive. And at the time a great search should have been done scouring the area to see if his body could be found. Whoever did anything to him, now are probably laying back thinking they got away with murder. All persons should be questioned again. Possibly his mother should consider a civil action against these young men. Get things moving, put a scare into these fellows if they know something.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 06:39:17 PM by capeheart »

chet

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2009, 09:36:56 PM »

A mother's desperate search

9/4/2009

Even if you don't recognize the name, you've seen his picture.

And his mother is back in Edmonton in a desperate bid to find her missing son.

Dylan Koshman, 22, has not been seen since October 11th last year. His mother Melanie Alix and four others are here from Moose Jaw this weekend, searching for Dylan.

"It's something that doesn't go away with no closure," says Alix, emotion welling up in her voice. "We have to find him, one way or the other. It's probably a person's worst nightmare to go through something like this."

Alix says Dylan had head trauma at 16 and couldn't remember anything for a while. She wonders if there's a connection. "For us not to have found him yet, yeah, maybe it's a wild possibility, but I think he could have head trauma and not know who he is."

If you see Dylan or know anything about where he is, call Edmonton police or Crime Stoppers.
(bd)

chet

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2009, 09:38:34 PM »
Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Family hoping to find son

By SUN MEDIA

EDMONTON -- It's been nearly a year since 21-year-old Dylan Koshman disappeared from his south Edmonton home after an argument with his cousin.

But his family still holds out hope he'll be found.

"Police suspected they would find Dylan by spring. And when bodies turned up, we were on a rollercoaster ride of emotion. When none of them turned out to be Dylan, hope was still high," said his mother Melanie Alix.

Koshman was last seen the night of Oct. 11 leaving his home. He was reported missing by his girlfriend when he didn't turn up for work.

http://www.calgarysun.com/news/alberta/2009/09/07/10776436-sun.html

Chris

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2009, 11:55:17 PM »
That is pretty sad that they are expecting him to be dead. Wonder what the argument was about?

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2009, 10:19:44 PM »
From the map of Edmonton put up, 7th avenue is not far from the river, straight down Ellerslie Road. There is also the Blackmud Creek which may or may not be deep enough, not sure.
[
Des,  I was in Edm. last week and drove over the blackmud creek.  Its not wide, but if he was there i think he would have been found by now.  It only seemed to be maybe 12-15 feet deep at center.  Don't think that would be enough to hide a body for long??

It is strange that nothing else has come up about him.

But those kids he was with know more, I'm positive of that.

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2009, 09:14:05 PM »
Just read this in the Edm journal

EDMONTON — Melanie Alix says she still looks into every face she meets on the sidewalk hoping to find her son Dylan, who disappeared after leaving his south Edmonton home nearly one year ago.

“If I see someone built like him or with the colour of his hair walking down the street, I’m looking, and that will never stop until we have answers,” Alix said from her home in Moose Jaw, S.K., Thursday. “I know in my heart something has happened to him. Whether it was an accident or foul play, he wouldn’t be away on his own will, I know that for a fact.”

Police say it’s unusual they still don’t have a clear idea of what happened to 21-year-old Dylan Koshman, who was last seen storming down a back alley after a fight with his cousins around 2 a.m. on Oct. 11, 2008. He was wearing only shoes, jeans and a dark T-shirt.

“At the present time there is no theory about what happened and this is why we’re soliciting the public’s help in this matter,” said Const. Jim Gurney, an investigator with the missing persons unit.

Police have no information about what happened to Koshman after he left his home. Police found his wallet in a neighbour’s yard, but there hasn’t been any activity on his bank account and no answer on his cellphone.

His girlfriend reported him missing on Oct. 15, 2008, when he didn’t show up for work. He had moved to Edmonton about six months before to work for an oil and gas contracting company.

“We can’t rule out foul play, but of course we can’t rule out an accident right now. We just don’t know. That’s why we’re asking for assistance,” Gurney said.

Family and friends have accompanied Alix on a number of trips to Edmonton and surrounding communities to put up posters, talk to people and search for her son. Police can only devote so many resources to finding Koshman, so she said she is counting on tips from the public to help find him.

“I just hope there is somebody out there who has any information that could help us find that peace that we need so badly,” she said.

“It’s been a year. People think the suffering’s lessened, but it hasn’t. My heart goes out to all people with missing family members because the feeling doesn’t ever go away.”

Missing persons unit investigator Const. Sean Jenkinson said new information and tips have slowed down as the year has progressed.

“We’ll speak to anyone that has information about him, especially with something like this that’s gone on so long. There may be someone out there we’re not aware of who knew him as an acquaintance and we’ll gladly speak to him,” Jenkinson said.

Koshman’s family is holding a candlelight vigil at 6:30 p.m. on Oct. 11 on the southwest corner of 34th Avenue and Calgary Trail.

“I have to do everything in my power to bring him home, whether it’s the best circumstance, that’s he’s alive ... and the worst scenario, that he’s gone. I want to be able to bury him, grieve and have peace,” Alix said.

ciltan@thejournal.canwest.com
© Copyright (c) The Edmonton Journal

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2009, 09:40:36 AM »
Echo that SAP!!! :(

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2009, 11:39:39 PM »
I am wondering if he ever was at the cousins house!  Who , other than the cousins was the last one to see Dylan.  Did he go to work that day?   Someone has to crack soon.

A garden of tears: the murder of Kathryn-Mary Herbert

A casefile of events and story related to the 1975 murder of Kathryn Mary Herbert (Sutton).

Click Here