Author Topic: DYLAN KOSHMAN, MISSING OCT. 11, 2008  (Read 88297 times)

capeheart

• View Profile
DYLAN KOSHMAN, MISSING OCT. 11, 2008
« on: January 19, 2009, 06:12:22 PM »
I came across Dylan Koshman's picture and accounts of him missing. The details are listed along with his picture, a very handsome young man in very good shape. This is on the North American Missing Persons site. I do not know how to copy his picture here. The facts were stated: After an argument with roommates, he was last seen leaving the backyard on 103rd Street and 33 Avenue at 2:30 a.m. on Saturday October 11, 2008.  There has been no activity on his bank account, phone or his facebook since. I feel that something terrible has happened to this young man and he could be added to the list of the young men missing on the west coast. I hope everything was done to verify the story of the roommates, that they didn't do anything to him. I hope forensics went through the apartment to verify the story. He has been missing now almost three months. I hope they are having this case on the front burner.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

mauvelilac

Re: DYLAN KOSHMAN, MISSING OCT. 11, 2008
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 01:46:55 PM »
This site has his picture

REGINA -- Larger than life, Dylan Koshman now smiles down from billboards across the Prairies in hopes someone might recognize the missing man, formerly of Moose Jaw.

His family and friends have mounted searches, used websites, and are now turning to billboards in their quest to find the 21-year-old who vanished three months ago.

?I will do anything to find him,? his mother Melanie Alix said Wednesday. ?We want some answers. We just want to bring him home one way or another. We hate living in limbo.?

Her husband, Koshman?s step-father, contacted Pattison Outdoor Advertising about renting billboards last month. The company instead volunteered the space.

?You?ve got a family that?s lost their son ? I just really thought, well, if there?s a way that we can help bring this boy back to his family, then who knows,? said Brian de Ruiter, Pattison?s vice president for the Prairie region.

A total of four three-by-six-metre billboards went up this week on main thoroughfares in Saskatoon, Edmonton, Calgary, and Winnipeg. They tell passers-by that Koshman disappeared in Edmonton on Oct. 11 last year.

That was the day his roommate last saw him when he left their home near 104 Street and 33 Avenue shortly after 2 a.m. He shared the residence with his cousin. According to Edmonton police, Koshman had been drinking, got into a argument and left on foot. He was wearing only shoes, jeans, and a dark-coloured T-shirt.

Koshman had moved to Edmonton, where he worked as a pipefitter, about seven months earlier. He had plans to start an apprenticeship program, knew few people there and kept in regular contact with his family back in Moose Jaw. There has been no answer on his cellphone or activity in his bank account since his disappearance.

?It was the first Christmas he hasn?t been home in his life,? said his mother.

Koshman?s parents went to Edmonton for three weeks last fall to search everything from homeless shelters to ravines and put up missing persons posters ? all to no avail.

The family had bought advertising space on a digital sign mounted on a moving-type van shortly after his disappearance. Then Alix?s husband Denis had the idea for billboards and called Pattison. De Ruiter said it?s the first time he has been approached about putting up such a billboard, which would normally cost about $2,800 a month, depending on the location. Instead, the advertising space, creative services and cost of installing the signs were donated ? saving the family about $8,500 ? while they were responsible for the printing costs only.

While it?s too early to know if the signs are generating any usable tips, the billboards alone are creating a lot of renewed interest, which has picked up Alix?s spirits.

?It?s comforting people aren?t forgetting ? It?s such a scary thing that no one ever wants to have happen.?

Anyone with information is asked to call Edmonton police at 1-780-423-4567 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

bpacholik@leaderpost.canwest.com

http://www.leaderpost.com/business/fp/Billboards+donated+Moose+family+search/1152839/story.html

mauvelilac

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 01:59:15 PM »
Here is a picture of the billboard that was in the previous story.

http://www.leaderpost.com/business/fp/Billboards+donated+Moose+family+search/1152839/story.html

mauvelilac

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 02:04:07 PM »

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 02:18:27 PM »

:) Thanks Mauve, for all the information. I look at faces a lot, and he may be here in Edmonton, but I feel he may have met with some bad guys, or something. I hope for him, and his family and friends, that he is located ASAP.

((((HUGS)))) to all family and friends of Dylan Koshman, may peace come to you soon. I am so very sorry for your pain.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 05:53:43 PM »
Mauve, thank you for all the information on Dylan. I did not see it here and just wondered why it wasn't and added it on. I just can't understand how a young man could disappear off the face of the earth. Do they think the roomates are telling the truth???I wonder is every stone has gone unturned there. What was the weather like at that time??Is there a river or anything handy there? Also, was he seen at any bars in the neighbourhood after he started drinking. And why didn't his roommates report him missing if he went on October 11th or did they think he was with his girlfriend. It seems like a lot of unanswered questions. Thanks again for giving all the information on this. I send my deepest hope to the family that Dylan is found, but it sure is scary that he hasn't had activity on any of his person accounts. I will pray for his return and send my thoughts to the family and friends that he will be found. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

mauvelilac

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 02:50:02 PM »
Adrian and Cape: You're welcome, no thanx needed. I think Dylan was on here on one of Des's lists if I'm not mistaken. The trouble is there are so many people missing in the Alberta and BC regions it's really hard to keep up with them. I'm truly beginning to wonder if we have a John Wayne Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Herb Baummeister situation onour hands. The magnitude of young men disappearing is really alarming me because society usually thinks a young man can more readily defend himself against attacks against themselves when it's becoming obvious that this isn't necessarily true. I truly hope we have a happy outcome in these cases that are coming to light but I'm not holding my breath.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 03:02:31 PM »
Well if Dylan was in a state of anger, he would not maybe notice much about the temperature until later on. He could have walked into any kind of a situation at that hour of the morning and even another fight. He could have been befriended by unknown bad types and they could have took him in and something happened with strangers. Someone in that area definitely knows what happened to him. Did any cabbies see him walking??? Did any police driveby and notice him walking?? Was he walking through alleyways or is it mainly sidewalks and streets in that area. Not knowing the lay of the land it is hard to fathom what coud have happened to him. He may have taken a drive and trusted someone, because he was drinking and he was not thinking straight. Sure hope some leads are soon to be found on what happened to Dylan.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 09:07:15 PM »
I think the roomates (cousins) are only telling half truths here.  Maybe there was more going on than just drinking.. and they won't tell you that. A lady walking her dog in the residential area at about 3 am that evening saw a man sitting on the sidewalk. (who walks their dog at that hour?)  She was pretty sure it was Dylan. The area he lived in was residential but about 2 city blocks off several very busy roads.  If he was taken from the residential area, it was by someone who knew he was there, but if he made it to the freeway or 34 St. it would be anyone's guess.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 11:35:09 AM »
I must say; it freaks me out how many people go missing....then people try to figure out what mysterious circumstances preceded .... what little bit of information could point to an ultimate end of this person's life .... whether by accident, by nature, or by deliberate actions by other individuals around this person. 
The more we see of these cases, the more it seems apparent that there is a breed of sickos out there, who just seem to be cruising for, or sitting back hoping for an unsuspecting victim - someone who strayed from the crowd -someone alone and in some despair - or even just someone carelessly displaying a lone, carefree somewhat reckless demeaner for a bit.
That breed of sicko could be of the low-life category with a lust for bullying, torturing, killing etc.  It could also be a category of stalkers, of whom we would least expect to engage in such vile activities - it could be those we don't jump and run from - it could be those we trust and expect to protect and help.   It seems that could be what so many victims across this country secum to.  In this day and age, it is no longer safe to trust your safety is secure because most people out there are just like you and I.  This is no longer the case.  The days are gone when reasonable precausions pretty well kept us safe.  There is more danger and evil present in this day and age, than there ever was...and it's getting worse!  We are in danger we never before dreamed of ...imo.  sorry folks, if this sound pessimistic, or dramatic.  It is what it is!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 11:37:43 AM by lostlinganer »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 06:58:16 PM »
Lost, I am willing to agree with you wholeheartedly. You cannot travel anymore and think, oh, we are going to go out and have a few drinks and come home and this is going to happen and everyone is going to be safe. Everyone has to care about the people they are with. You must have concrete plans when going out with a group. Also, most people when they are young cannot handle a lot of liquor and do unreasonable actions, which can be very dangerous. And lately it has been happening a great deal in this country and not only here, all over the world. Young people have to be more vigilant of their own safety and act accordingly. I do feel very badly for the parents and friends of Dylan. Great investigation should be done on the people who were with him that evening, those are my views. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 04:49:50 AM »

Yes, there are a great number of young men missing, or found dead. Always suspicious circumstances. You know, Ling and Cape, I also think his friends should be questioned, more, and investigated. ??? :(

I hope the police are really looking into this phenonema, as we just may have a killer, who kills men.I just got a strange thought. I wonder if these sickoes that are abducting women, are not also abducting men, for their own enjoyment. A scenario like that is conceivable.

Ling, you talk about "Fatal Sex", and how there may be a specific location, where a lot of sadistic acts are done. The profilers that Kare have, are  used to dealing with the sexually, sadistic, homicidal maniacs.

Cape, you are right about going out for an evening. We should always be in a group, or with someone, for back up, in case of trouble. Also our defenses go down, if we drink too much, and bad choices are made. Women are exceptionally vulnerable. I remember when I was younger, and good Lord, I took many risks. Not anymore, as I am very suspicious of some people. I hate being this way, as I always look for the good, but now a days, you just can't take chances.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 07:24:56 PM »
Adrian, you got that right. I think about things I did when I was younger, but around my area we all know everyone, but never let your guard down and be left alone in the crowd. When it is later in the evening, always stay with someone if you're partying, keep safe, have fun, but stay safe. Young people now don't think too much about that, whatever the reason I don't know. My mom is passed on now, but when I was younger I was going with friends all over my area, she always said for me to have cab fare home and not to ever spend it, I followed that motto and by gosh it came in handy at times. Always have cab fare home, because someone might just take off on you and leave you there, one never knows.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 06:34:33 PM by capeheart »

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2009, 09:40:28 PM »
Cape

That is really bringing back memories for me.  My mom called it  "pin money"  and she said they would use a safety pin and attach it in a hidden place  for when ever it may be needed.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2009, 12:46:41 AM »
I won't say how old i am, but you know more people should be telling their children about getting home safe. These days, it is a lot more dangerous.