Author Topic: Robert James Brown - August 3, 1968 - Age 12 - Missing - Pefferlaw  (Read 51195 times)

Deb R

• View Profile
Re: Robert James Brown - August 3, 1968 - Age 12 - Missing - Pefferlaw
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2012, 06:16:25 PM »
What were the ages of Roberts' brothers and sisters at the time of his disappearance?  Were there any extended family members, grandparents/aunts/uncles/cousins who lived nearby in the Pefferlaw or Wilfrid areas? 

As an aside, I lived in Pefferlaw for a few years (during the 1990's) and it seemed to have a bit of a reputation as a few "rough" families had lived there in the past.  When I bought my house in Pefferlaw in the 1990's my friends' husband (who lived on a farm all his life, a couple of miles south of Wilfred) admonished me for buying a house in Pefferlaw as he said there were some "rough" people living there and didn't think it was safe for a divorced woman with two teenage children. 

I didn't find that to be the case at all, I had great neighbours who were very quiet and we never had any problems with crime or theft or rough people.  Just wondering who these "rough" people in Pefferlaw were/are, no idea of the family name of where they lived or what they did.  Just thinking about this in case there could be a connection.  Maybe there are some others on this forum who have lived in the area as well?
I am familiar with the Church of the Nazarene Camp as well, very, very religious camp and church and has been in Pefferlaw for many years and the summer camp (which I believe still operates) draws many people from all over Ontario.  I doubt Roberts' Mother was a church member, more than likely as Cook for the summer camp, it would be a great job in an area where there is a lot of unemployment (or just seasonal employment at best).  Most people in the area commute to Toronto/Markham/Newmarket/Oshawa.

Deb R

Paddle

• saved by grace
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2013, 09:59:31 AM »
I was there at the camp, living there most of the summer.  My parents owned a cottage and it was the first one as you went into the camp in 1968.  The family lived just down the road from me.  Being 17 at the time, I do remember this sweet boy a little.  I also remember many many people searching the camp and surrounding area for him.  Every effort was made that they could think of, to help.  We all went to prayer for him.  Publicly dreaming up random theories of what happened will not console the family.  Only hard evidence presented to the police will.  The family deserves our utmost respect and they know that God is watching over Robbie.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 10:37:34 AM by Paddle »

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2013, 10:35:46 PM »