Author Topic: Cops shouldn't investigate themselves:::  (Read 1756 times)

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
Cops shouldn't investigate themselves:::
« on: January 15, 2009, 02:55:29 AM »

It doesn't make sense for the police, to investigate themselves.Too many ties...

By THE CANADIAN PRESS

WINNIPEG ? No province should allow police to investigate themselves.
That?s according to Ontario ombudsman Andre Marin, who just completed an investigation into that province?s special investigations unit.

By THE CANADIAN PRESS

WINNIPEG ? No province should allow police to investigate themselves.

That?s according to Ontario ombudsman Andre Marin, who just completed an investigation into that province?s special investigations unit.

He suggests police show favouritism and bias when they investigate one of their own.

Marin says it doesn?t take a genius or a police officer to investigate alleged wrongdoing by police.

Manitoba is poised to become the second province to create a civilian body to investigate the police.

Marin says all provinces should follow that example or police won?t be held to account.

Marin says it doesn?t take a genius or a police officer to investigate alleged wrongdoing by police.

Manitoba is poised to become the second province to create a civilian body to investigate the police.

Marin says all provinces should follow that example or police won?t be held to account.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Cops shouldn't investigate themselves:::
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 10:41:27 AM »
Ha! I love that. Police investigating themselves. I am sure there are cops who would do a fair job, but stil, it looks bad. I saw on news today that Obama investigated himself and then cleared himseld in some scandal. It just does not feel right even if he is right.