Author Topic: Kenley Matheson went missing Sept.21, 1992 from Acadia University  (Read 47957 times)

borffmann

• View Profile
Re: Kenley Matheson went missing Sept.21, 1992 from Acadia University
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2013, 07:13:57 PM »
Thank you for posting that, Debbie. I am working with Ron Lamothe on the "Missing Kenley" documentary on Kenley Matheson's disappearance. I've attached a press release for anyone that is interested or has an outlet that you know of who can publish our information, we appreciate any assistance in spreading the word about our project.
Best,
Tom Borden

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2013, 08:04:04 PM »
You're welcome. I wish you much success on your "Missing Kenley" documentary.

borffmann

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2013, 09:01:15 AM »
The Cape Breton Post published a detailed story about our case and documentary today. You can read it here: http://www.capebretonpost.com/News/Local/2013-11-21/article-3492256/Missing-Cape-Bretoner-inspires-filmmaker-who-wants-to-make-documentary/1

Thank you for helping spread the word.

SAP

« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2013, 12:32:31 PM »
I was under the impression that Kenley had just began his University year and the article posted above link claims he was heading away from where he lived, to go tree planting in BC.

Have you also considered Facebook and Kiji to get the message out regaridng the documentary? Both have a huge readership.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2013, 03:16:50 PM »
SAP, no, he had done that previously at some time. He was only two weeks into starting the semester, when he was last seen walking down the street. His sister had seen him before that. He just vanished and was never seen after that. There was a clip on the evening news last night and Kenley's mother spoke, her last name is MacDonald. She is hoping after this documentary is done that there will be some tips come in on this case. :o :o :o :o

Roselvr

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2015, 06:54:46 PM »
SAP, no, he had done that previously at some time. He was only two weeks into starting the semester, when he was last seen walking down the street. His sister had seen him before that. He just vanished and was never seen after that. There was a clip on the evening news last night and Kenley's mother spoke, her last name is MacDonald. She is hoping after this documentary is done that there will be some tips come in on this case. :o :o :o :o

**link not working and removed
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 09:21:48 AM by debbiec »

caperguy100

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2017, 11:40:26 AM »
Has anyone heard anything about the delay with Ron Lamothe and the "missing Kenley" story that was to be released by now.  I heard that the Police in Wolfville, N.S. are not assisting with the story or investigation at all.  I also heard that  there is some new information that the investigators have uncovered but the Police will not following up on any of this new info.   I think that this man's family have waited long enough for answers.  If anyone knows anything further, could you please update Kenley's profile here.  Thanks.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2017, 11:55:55 AM »
http://tcmedians.pressreader.com/@Reader255433/csb_Pzv2H7zwqyykaUy1Lha5NyxFlUs4q1z0BTzsypNOdso

and just in case the link disappears (as usually happens with time) here is the age progression sketch of what Kenley might look like today:  and snip-it of the article. 

« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 12:05:02 PM by lostlinganer »

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2017, 01:17:44 PM »
quote Capeheart:

But I always felt he did not leave, because his sister was going to the same college. The thing is, this was a new school term. I always thought maybe there was a hazing ceremony that went on or some alcohol that was consumed or something that caused something awful to happen. We see that many times in colleges now, young people dying of alcoholic poisoning. So sad, because they don't know the dangers of alcohol. I do hope they keep this case alive also, there should have been answers long before now. I mean this is only a small town, where could someone disappear, only if someone wanted them to!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o

This is possible - he may have been grabbed and forcibly fed liquor.  Students do not like "nerds" = serious students.  There are such bullies on campuses.

I believe he went missing on the Saturday, and the witness seeing him on the main street was mistaken.  Unless - they stopped to talk to him - then that would give some weight to the witness.

jb

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2017, 12:11:19 PM »
always have Kenley's case on my mind....  we have to keep digging and spreading!

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2017, 12:08:53 PM »
Just a couple of weeks ago they mentioned the documentary again and his mom was on there. So when we see the info about it being on, I will post it on here if I have knowledge of the date and time. :o :o :o :o