Author Topic: Kenley Matheson went missing Sept.21, 1992 from Acadia University  (Read 49962 times)

CaperCountingBackwards

• View Profile
Re: Kenley Matheson went missing Sept.21, 1992 from Acadia University
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 10:29:22 AM »
Thanks so much for the info - others on here have mentioned my cousin's disappearance (thank you) which is how I found this site (thanks again). It seems this site is one of only two sites on the entire internet, that I've found anyway, that have info about him at all. There is also an old site that has a picture of him and very minimal details. I have very little info right now, just vague memories from what I was told when he disappeared and a strong desire to know what happened to him. I plan on speaking with family and compiling as much info as I can - as I get info I will update in the approrpriate section. My cousin is Allan Kenley Matheson, born May 8, 1972, and disappeared Sept. 21, 1992 from Acadia University.

I'm glad to have found this site.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 09:15:36 PM »
I believe Kenley Matheson is already listed on this site, I know we have spoken about this case before. I will peruse and see if I can find it. ::) ::) ::) I did look up to see if Kenley was still on here and he isn't. But, I am positive it was on here before, because I distinctly remember this case. I do not believe the case was ever solved and if it was, I am sure it would have been posted on the thread. I do not know why it would be removed. It can be listed here. :o :o :o :o I do remember that Kenley was a student and going to college. I also understand that his sister was going to college at the same time. I thought that his sister had seen him either that day or the day before he went missing. I know this was on here on this site, but I don't know why it would be removed. And I remember when he went missing and there were many comments on here about the case. So someone has removed the thread, but it was on here. ??? ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 09:24:19 PM by capeheart »

Roselvr

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2009, 07:49:59 AM »
Caper - I was able to find an archive of the old family web site & rebuilt it.

You can find it here

solvy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 11:04:19 AM »
Rose

what a great undertaking!  The re-newed site is wonderful, and the age progressed pics really are a good idea.  This case is very strange, you would think that it would be pretty hard to just evaporate from campus.  Kenleys friends, like other kids his age at the time live in each others pockets so to speak!  They know all.

Maybe they should be re interviewed, I'm thinking that at the time someone thought keeping a secret for him was being a faithful friend.

Treeplantergaya

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2010, 11:47:59 PM »
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 08:38:37 PM by Treeplantergaya »

Sleuth

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 12:13:10 AM »
Welcome Treeplantergaya! What wonderful memories you have of Kenley! Thank you for sharing openly with us posters and readers.
I think your idea about starting a face book page on kenley is a great idea and a way to get the message out there that Kenley is missing. You never know who will drop by and post! It is well worth doing so.

On another note, I thank you for posting about keeping a diary, or Journal. You are proof positive that (some) girls, women do keep a diary/Journal. I bring the subject up because it was mentioned on the Brianne Wolgram thread.

Maureen

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 06:31:25 AM »
Thank you for joining us Treeplantergaya! and sharing your memories of Kenley with us. Kenley's disappearance always bothered me because it was like he disappeared off the face of the Earth without leaving a trace of what happened to him or where he may be. He was also from a place close to where I live. There has been no closure for Kenley's family and friends and I know personally how that feels. I hope some day there is closure for you and Kenley's family.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2010, 07:23:42 PM »
Treeplanter, thanks for giving us a story about Kenley. We are all astounded that someone could just disappear such as he did. The fact that his bank account was not touched is a mystery. College would be just starting then, so maybe he just walked away from it all, but I am sure he would have taken money with him. It must be terrible for the family always thinking about what has happened to Kenley. As I had stated before, who was the last person to see him and what was he talking about???

capergirl

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 03:22:14 PM »
Capeheart, i saw on the news tonight that there is a list of the missing in NS and there are rewards of 150,000.  I immediately checked and Kenley's name is not on this list!  I am left wondering why.

I was a friend of Kenley's.  Not a day goes by that i don't think about him.  I have so many questions.  It must be difficult being part of the family.. wondering , not knowing why or where. 

I often dream of him, but don't usually remember what i dreamt just that i did.  Caper.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 05:13:44 PM »
Capergirl, I just know that you would not forget him. I know if someone went missing that was a friend, I believe it would haunt me forever. I just wonder why his name is not on the list also. Can you tell me where this list is??? I am so glad the province has come forward with this list and the rewards, it is a long time overdue. Something has to be done to solve these crimes. Sometimes the police do have a POI in these cases, but they just need a person to come forward with their information or something they know. Maybe if you know Kenley's family, they could call and ask for his name to be put on the list. 8) 8) 8) 8)

capergirl

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2010, 12:53:41 PM »
http://www.halifax.ca/Police/UnsolvedMurders/MajorUnsolvedCrimes.html

Hi this is the site that was announced on the news.  Kenley's name is not on it.  I have spoken to his sister my facebook to let her know.

Valleyman

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2010, 05:56:09 PM »
I work at Acadia and live in Wolfville, although I am originally from a community close to Port Hawksbury. I was at the RCMP station in Wolfville today to report an accident and I saw a missing person poster for Kenley. I was intrigued to say the least since I had never heard of a former student going missing. Tonight I did a quick search on him as I wanted to know more and I found this wonderful site. I was surprised to learn that Kenley is from Port Hawksbury, so close to my hometown. Despite being from the same area, and despite working at Acadia for the last 6 years, I have never heard of this case. I was in university at the time of his disappearance, although not Acadia, yet I don't recall ever hearing about this case. My heart goes out to the family and friends of Kenley, as well as to everyone that knew him while he was at Acadia. I have always been intrigued by the high profile missing case of Kim McAndrew, mainly because she was from my area and used to be friends with my sister. Now I find out someone else around my age from my area also went missing during their university years. This is very sad. Being on campus every day I expect I will often think about Kenley and what happened to him. Although I never met him, I am certain I will frequently wonder of his whereabouts knowing that this was the last place he was seen.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2010, 06:29:39 PM »
Valleyman, it is very unusual that you never did hear of this case. Of course, it is now several years gone by and still no news on whatever happened to Kenley. It is very unusual because this was the first part of the semester and he would have just started university. It is also amazing news that your sister used to go around with Kimberly McAndrew. These cases are very upsetting, because Kimberly went missing in broad daylight. And I am not sure of when Kenley left home, if it was in the daytime or night time. These cases are very disturbing, especially to think that someone can disappear so quickly. Maybe if there is a class at the university, maybe there could be a project to delve into Kenley's disappearance as a class project. Maybe you could  do something on that, a school project related to Kenley's disappearance and what could have happened to him. :o :o :o :o

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2010, 03:22:44 PM »
Valleyman, great to have you here and I'll be looking forward to seeing your posts related to Kenley and any information that you may be able to get on here. Good luck on your efforts. ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 04:12:03 PM by capeheart »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2010, 04:16:52 PM »
Valleyman, Now isn't that ironic that they have now come to view the room he stayed in. Are you saying they were just there recently??? It would be good if you could get in touch with members who were there when Kenley went missing. Maybe find out the real details of what he did that day? As I understand it, his sister was also a student there at that time. It must be terrible for the family, not knowing what has happened to Kenley. Since this was the beginning of the university semester, I have thought about joining a fraternity or something like that. I have even thought of hazing, which has happened in other universities. That is just a thought, everything has to be looked at in his disappearance. :o :o :o :o :o :o