Author Topic: Serial Killer, kills a hundred...  (Read 7469 times)

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
Serial Killer, kills a hundred...
« on: December 26, 2008, 01:37:36 AM »

Hi everyone:
Just received this in my mail.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7798753.stm

A court in eastern Ukraine has sentenced a man to life imprisonment for the murder and rape of about 40 girls and young women over 25 years.

At the trial in Dnipropetrovsk, Serhiy Tkach claimed he had murdered 100 people and said he was an animal who deserved the death penalty.

Adrian

• View Profile
Re: Serial Killer, kills a hundred...
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 02:56:43 AM »

An ex-policeman, he suffocated girls aged between eight and 18 and performed sexual acts on their bodies.

I hope they have the Death Penalty. He was a person, in trust, and an authority figure. He was a cop....and many went to prison for killings HE did!

Serial killer jailed in Ukraine

A court in eastern Ukraine has sentenced a man to life imprisonment for the murder and rape of about 40 girls and young women over 25 years.

At the trial in Dnipropetrovsk, Serhiy Tkach claimed he had murdered 100 people and said he was an animal who deserved the death penalty.

An ex-policeman, he suffocated girls aged between eight and 18 and performed sexual acts on their bodies.

Over the years 10 innocent people were jailed for murders he had committed.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/europe/7798753.stm

Published: 2008/12/24 09:20:03 GMT

? BBC MMVIII

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 09:59:21 AM »
And the worst thing about this horrible revelation is the fact that society reads this.... gets sick to their stomach/s for a few minutes ..... then gets on with life  (head in the sand) thinking for sure, it doesn't happen in their country or, at least, it will never happen to them or someone they care about.

I really do believe that most of society manage to keep their heads in the sand by convincing themselves that all these victims must have, for some reason, made themselves predisposed to this kind of fate - or, at best, that the killer/s targets a certain type who is nothing like the rest of us .... that meaning, the majority of our loved ones who, by the grace of God, were not the ones in this feind's path.

Any wonder these things are happening???!!! ... the bottom line is, society doesn't even look in the direction of such reality ... much less take a stand to demand justice be served in a way .... as to provide a loud and clear deterrent against such enormous sick behavior .........unless it touches them, personally.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 02:51:28 PM »

I agree with you whole heartedly! A perosn is murdered, whether by a serial killer, or a revenge, lust, jealousy or breakup, or for the shere randomness of it. It may or may not make the paper! It may or may not make the news. Soon it is forgotten by many.

Also the inequality, some victims, have mega pages written on them, in the form of articles, and often re-enactments, on the news, television, you name it!

Others are a one, two paragraph in the paper, with little information, and no follow ups. Leaves us dangling.I feel with all my heart for the families of any murdered victim, or suspicious death, that is not followed up on in the media, little information let out, and the police don't list it as high priority.

We are ALL people on this earth; we all laugh; we all cry;, and most of us feel others pain. I hope the year 2009 brings changes. We need to embrace, and care for those that have had sorrow, and pain, and help in any way we can. We have to have empathy for the victim, and be able to pray, that Justice is Served

But there for the Grace of God go I....

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 06:30:59 AM »
Over the years 10 innocent people were jailed for murders he had committed

Wow! That is shocking too. What kind of system do they have there? Must still be rooted in the old communist system or something. That is sad.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 01:40:47 PM »

Pretty sick, huh? Tenpeople went to jail for crimes HE committed. What does that say? They sure as hell were not doing their homework! I am glad he is caught, but this freak, sure got away with a lot, and probably laughed at others taking the beef for him... >:(

Randyman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 07:26:41 PM »
The Ukraine is a bit behind in technology. However I am shocked that they didn't take this guy out and shoot him. The last serial killer Russia had caught a bullet right after the sentence. But not to worry people, the Ukrainian penal system is one of the most brutal in the world. This perp probably won't last a year..........

Sleuth

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 07:55:56 PM »
Randyman are you talking about Andrei Chikatilo who murdered (and cannibalized some of his victims) 50 women, most under the age of 17?  A great true movie, titled Citizen X, was made in 1995 about the 22 year hunt for this man.. It is one of my favourite movies, not because of the killings, but because of one lone forensic's determination to find the killer of children, and his battles with the Russian political system, which stated, "Russia does not have a serial killer. Serial killers are a phenomenon of the United states."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112681/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen_X

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrei_Chikatilo

Randyman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 09:55:28 PM »
Yes Sleuth that's the guy! Russia does not have serial killers? Like Iran does not have gay people!!! OMG!!!! I laughed my tail off on that one..............They took old Andre out immediately and blew his brains out...Have you ever seen the video of him in court? He looks the part!!!

tyler

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 02:29:16 PM »
if you guys think this is bad, check out those two young men
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dnepropetrovsk_maniacs

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 07:20:17 PM »