Author Topic: Adam, Mitchell & Trevor O'Brien Abducted & Missing since Nov 09, 1996  (Read 48288 times)

Shelly Stokes

• View Profile
mauve; I've written the creator of the facebook page; i'm trying to find a picture of the heartless jerk that calls himself "a father" do I can study his face....and post it for others to see.

Pic of Gary O'Brien

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
thanks Shelly....wonder how long ago that pic was taken of "dear Dad"

Shelly Stokes

• View Profile
thanks Shelly....wonder how long ago that pic was taken of "dear Dad"

That was posted by RNC when they went missing.  I believe it is the only picture available, to my knowledge.

never_lose_hope

• View Profile
That's definatley the only pic I've seen sleuthing.

KTiller

• View Profile
Re: Adam, Mitchell & Trevor O'Brien Abducted & Missing since Nov 09, 1996
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2009, 12:57:35 PM »
My only problem with all of this is the age of the boys...you would think that a 14 year old boy could somehow find a way to contact his mother if he could and now he is 25 certainly old enough and strong enough to over power his father. Even at age 14, he wasn't with his father long enough for him to have convinced him that they belonged with him and not their mother.

history_major

• View Profile
Perhaps the lack of contact from the boys being older is due to a story told to them by their father?  Something along the lines of that they aren't wanted anymore by their mother, or worse, he made the boys believe their mother is dead.  Just a thought.

capeheart

• View Profile
History-major, I have always thought so much about this case. A long time gone and no contact with the boys. The boys were 14, well at some point in time they would be able to get to a phone without their father and call their mother. I do not believe that they are alive. My feeling is that either by accident or by murder/suicide that Mr. O'Brien drove off the cliff. He did do something violent and who knows what state he was in. He definitely would need his car to get to where he was going. He would have to have met up with someone to give him another car. He surely would not have gotten off of Newfoundland, because the ferry in North Sydney would have been alerted and the police would have been there. Even if they walked off the boat. The captain of the ferry would have been able to know if they were aboard before the boat even docked. He could have looked at faces and so on and known if they were on the ferry. I don't think they are alive. If he put his car over a cliff and just started walking, well obviously you've never been to Newfoundland. It would be a long stretch possibly before you would come to anything. No, I don't think they are alive today at all. Because the children would be old enough to know they were from Newfoundland and I am sure there was more then their mother that they remember. I would like to think they are alive, but knowing the circumstances, I don't believe they are alive.8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) I opened this up and modified it a bit, because someone posted relating to the St. Pierre ferry. Well if they went to St. Pierre, they would have been found in a heartbeat. Most of the people there speak French and also, it is a very small island and they certainly would not be able to hide there. They would be able to fly out of St. Pierre, but then what kind of money did he have??? I don't see anything here related to how he was able to survive with three children, what funds did he have? Also, did he ever have a CC and was his bank account accessed at all???? These are the two things that could really put a big light onto the case. I don't know of any of those details.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 08:20:02 PM by capeheart »

history_major

• View Profile
Very true points cape, I just like to think that a father would not murder is three boys...but time and time again we see parents commit horrible acts against one's own flesh and blood.  Any idea why no bodies have been found?  Four bodies are certainly a lot to hide...the car was found in the water...is it possible for the bodies to have left the car at some point...or did he ditch the car and take the boys elsewhere for the murder suicide...

capeheart

• View Profile
History-Major, I would suspect that they may not have had seatbelts on. This car was dumped into the ocean, so this would be the rugged altlantic ocean and it was coming on winter. This was in November and it was coming on winter. We get very bad storms on the ocean and especially in Newfoundland. There would be a great deal of rushing waters and I do suppose any trace of them would have been washed out to sea, especially if they did not have seatbelts on. This man had very violent tendancies. The fact that he set an explosion to take place in his home, this guy was in a rage and was not responsible for anything he did. He would have possibly wiped out a neighbourhood by his actions in setting up a bomb in the home. The boys were old enough to phone home and they were never heard from again.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

history_major

• View Profile
I must have missed the line about the body of water being about the ocean.  In that case, I fully agree with you...but if they did not have their seatbelts on...how do you convince a 14 and 11 year old boys to NOT wear their seatbelts?  Either way, its good to see the mom holding out hope and not giving up.  Who knows, perhaps this man is smarter than we are giving him credit for and is able to appear to have killed himself with his kids when in fact is living out a new life somewhere.

Rhino

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2010, 09:33:27 AM »
My 2 cents worth.......I also believe that they are deceased, I was part of the dive crew who recovered the engine of Garys vehicle off Red Cliff, the front section from the firewall forward was also there but not needed for ident purposes, the rest of the vehicle couldn't be located....we used an ROV to check the deeper water,  The impact with the water from a several hundred ft drop would be extremely violent...destroying said vehicle and all in it. Note: the vin # on the engine identified the vehicle as beloning to Gary O'Brien...end of story.

amIam

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2010, 01:48:29 PM »
Rhino, welcome, it's so nice of you, a person directly involved with the recovery of Gary O'Brien's car engine and VIN# identification to come forward.

My 2 cents worth.......I also believe that they are deceased, I was part of the dive crew who recovered the engine of Garys vehicle off Red Cliff, the front section from the firewall forward was also there but not needed for ident purposes, the rest of the vehicle couldn't be located....we used an ROV to check the deeper water,  The impact with the water from a several hundred ft drop would be extremely violent...destroying said vehicle and all in it. Note: the vin # on the engine identified the vehicle as beloning to Gary O'Brien...end of story.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2010, 09:50:49 PM »
yeah that is probably right.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2010, 05:33:53 PM »
Rhino, I just noticed your post today. Yes, it is definitely my opinion and feelings that all of those people died in the vehicle that went over the cliff. This man was in a violent rage when he carried out his actions on that day. So horrific and mind boggling to think that any one person could have that much anger and rage in them to set a bomb and then take all of his children with him and drive off a cliff. Chilling and horrible for the people that were left behind.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 11:51:38 AM »
Chet, we did point out to you several reasons that we do believe they were in the vehicle. He would have to have another vehicle and there was no information on that? He would have to be able to get on the ferry to North Sydney and evade being seen with his three children? And if he tried to separate them, they would be able to go for help because they knew he was violent? The captain and stewards would see every person that leaves that boat if they are looking for anyone. And the police would be there waiting for the ferry to land. The police would have been there and witnessed everyone who left the ferry and would have recognized them for sure. More then once people have been arrested coming off the Newfoundland ferry. And Chet, have you ever been to Newfoundland??