Author Topic: Sydney Teerhuis l Killer:::  (Read 10605 times)

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
Sydney Teerhuis l Killer:::
« on: December 16, 2008, 12:40:46 PM »
Please click link, for other stories, and pic of the perp.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Guilty+verdict+grisly+killing/1082277/story.html

Guilty verdict for grisly killing
 This guy wanted to be eaten! Cannibalized...ugh!!!

December 16, 2008 11:00 AM

Sydney Teerhuis was found guilty Tuesday for a gruesome killing in Winnipeg in 2003.

Sydney Teerhuis was found guilty Tuesday for a gruesome killing in Winnipeg in 2003.
Photograph by : Handout photo

WINNIPEG ? A Winnipeg jury found Sydney Teerhuis guilty on Tuesday of second-degree murder in one of the city's most gruesome killings.

Teerhuis stabbed, beheaded, castrated, dismembered and disembowelled Robin Greene inside a suite of the Royal Albert Arms Hotel in July 2003.

He had sought a conviction for manslaughter, arguing he was too intoxicated to form the required intent to kill.

The Crown argued during closing arguments last week that Teerhuis is the personification of "evil" who is trying to play a sadistic joke on the justice system.

Defence lawyer Greg Brodsky said his client was suffering from "disorganized thinking and impaired judgment" at the time, and deserved the benefit of the doubt from jurors.

The Crown said it's impossible for a person to be so intoxicated, he wouldn't remember stabbing a man 68 times and cutting up his body with "surgical-like precision" over the course of several hours, eventually disposing of his organs.

They also cited the fact Teerhuis wrote a series of chilling letters to a Winnipeg man, in which he boasted about the slaying and provided graphic details.
? Copyright (c) Winnipeg Free Press

Photograph by : Handout photo

« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 12:43:53 PM by Adrian »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Sydney Teerhuis l Killer:::
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 12:32:29 AM »
good good good

zupansky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 02:49:16 AM »
My name is Dan Zupansky and I am the journalist that testified at the trial and provided the letters that became the key evidence to the successful prosecution of Sydney Teerhuis. According to my research Teerhuis fits almost perfectly the serial killer profile-and according to that profile this was not his first murder but his last! I'm of course not stating he is a serial killer though. Visit trophykill.tv for much more of this incredible story-watch a film clip on YouTube.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 03:18:24 AM »
Hi Dan,

wonderful film! I am shocked at how brutal it was, and yes, like you, it does seem to be absurd the guilt can less because he was 'drunk'! This kind of monster should have gotten the full sentence.

Oddly, I was in Winnipeg shortly after this case and do not remember hearing peep about it. I spent a week in Red Lake, Winnipeg and Brandon. Very strange.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 12:17:02 PM »

Hi Dan, Welcome to the site. I read the article on Teerhuis, and decided to put it here. I still can't understand how these kinds of people, can walk around, go shopping, sometimes marry, go to Church, or the races, and still be able to slice and dice a human being!

Teerhuis stabbed, beheaded, castrated, dismembered and disembowelled Robin Greene inside a suite of the Royal Albert Arms Hotel in July 2003.

He had sought a conviction for manslaughter, arguing he was too intoxicated to form the required intent to kill.

I hope this creep never gets out of prison, ever! I didn't watch the video, as I hate the sight of mayhem, but reading about this turd is enuff. Hate to say it, but I hope he rots.....ugh!!!

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 06:24:08 PM »
WINNIPEG - Sydney Teerhuis-Moar is a cold, remorseless killer who should not be eligible for parole for 25 years, a judge was told this morning.

Excuse me??? This freak should never be allowed out of prison. His head is warped, his mind is shredded, and he is a monster! Cases like this deserve the Death PENALTY WE NO LONGER HAVE.

Why the hay is this maggot turd, allowed to live? Ok, so it is not my call. but seriously folks, do you think a person who cut, sliced, diced, dis emboweled, another deserves life on earth? I hope his fellow inmates make his life a living hell!!! And where did the name Moar suddenly come from?

By Dean Pritchard, SUN MEDIA

WINNIPEG - Sydney Teerhuis-Moar is a cold, remorseless killer who should not be eligible for parole for 25 years, a judge was told this morning.

Teerhuis-Moar was convicted of second-degree murder earlier this week for stabbing and dismembering Robin Greene in a downtown hotel room.

"There can be no more serious offence than the one that was committed by this accused," said Crown attorney Sheila Leinburd. "It was unimaginably brutal."

Defence lawyer Greg Brodsky said the circumstances of the killing, no matter how brutal, do not justify the maximum period of parole ineligibility.

Teerhuis-Moar was arrested after he voluntarily reported Greene's death to police.

"He never tried to blame anybody else," Brodsky said. "In my respectful submission, he is not running away from what he did."

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 12:06:08 AM »
So what does the attoney want? TIme served?

SAP

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 07:06:49 PM »
Murder 2; eligible for parole 2028. This disgusting creep took pleasure in writng and detailing the dismemberment in letters while in jail. He was aroused as he did this. (Where is the puke emoticon?)

http://www.trurodaily.com/Justice/2008-12-20/article-344279/Winnipeg-man-gets-maximum-sentence-for-grisly-bathtub-murder/1

Winnipeg man gets maximum sentence for grisly bathtub murder

Published on December 20th, 2008
Published on January 1st, 2010
The Canadian Press  Topics : Winnipeg hotel , Winnipeg , British Columbia , Alberta WINNIPEG - A man convicted of beheading and dismembering a man he picked up in a Winnipeg bar has been given the maximum sentence for second-degree murder.
Justice Glenn Joyal sent Sydney Teerhuis-Moar to prison for life with no chance at parole for 25 years.
"If there is a set of facts underpinning an offence of second-degree murder where the brutality is more gruesome than the case I heard, I have no shame in saying that my imagination is not yet capable of conceiving it," Joyal said Friday.
Asked if he had any words prior to sentencing Friday, Teerhuis-Moar said, "No."
Teerhuis-Moar, 40, was found guilty earlier this week in the grisly death of Robin Greene in a downtown Winnipeg hotel room in July 2003.
He stabbed Greene 68 times, cut off his head and penis, plucked out one eye, removed and discarded all the internal organs and cut the remaining torso into eight pieces, leaving them stacked in the bathtub of his hotel room.
Teerhuis-Moar admitted to killing Greene but said he was so high on drugs and booze he couldn't remember what happened.
Crucial evidence at the trial was a series of letters Teerhuis-Moar wrote to a prospective author of a book on the case. In the letters, he made crude jokes about the death and suggested he had committed necrophilia.
He also admitted in the letters to being fascinated by celebrity and wanted his name to go down in infamy along with serial killers he idolized such as Jeffrey Dahmer.
Teerhuis-Moar worked for years as a chef in restaurants in British Columbia, Alberta and Manitoba and used the tools of his trade to dissect Greene's body.
Janice Greene, Robin Greene's sister, wept as she described how Robin's murder has "scarred" her.
Robin was in Winnipeg to visit her when he met Teerhuis-Moar at a downtown bar, she said.
"I felt bad enough until I heard the gory details of his demise," she said. "I was never to be the same again. I fell apart. ... His death made me question life, my creator, my spiritual being."
During sentencing arguments, the Crown said the crime was "unimaginably brutal" and Teerhuis-Moar was a cold and calculating killer.
But the defence said the killing didn't justify the maximum sentence and letters Teerhuis-Moar had written about the crime that were used as evidence against him were made up.
The trial also had a bizarre Hollywood twist - a necklace belonging to actress Susan Sarandon was found in the hotel room where Greene was killed.
It had been stolen from the set of Sarandon's movie "Shall We Dance," which was filming in Winnipeg at the time of the slaying.
Teerhuis-Moar has said when they met, Greene was trying to sell the stolen jewelry for $15. Teerhuis-Moar has 30 days to decide if he will appeal. He is eligible for parole in July 2028.
(Winnipeg Sun)

lilykins

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 01:27:38 PM »
Your right this man should never see the light of name. If he is trying to get published does this mean he will get proceeds from the book if people decide to by it? This sickens me. My heart goes out to his sister, who should of never had to go through so much pain. This man is insain and should be put in a mental institute where he belongs.

What I don't understand is how can a person murder someone for the first time the way he did? He must of had some practice. This couldn't be his first murder victim. Could it? It just seems to weird, maybe this animal wanted to get caught.

Very sad.

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 08:43:47 PM »
A killer such as he cannot benefit off his crimes by way of writing a book about them. No publisher in their right mind would publish them. He can write all he wants and his papers will end up in his files ... there for parole board to see when and if he tries to appeal.