Author Topic: Robert Edward Brown | Possible Calgary Area Serial Killer???  (Read 6209 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Robert Edward Brown | Possible Calgary Area Serial Killer???
« on: December 15, 2008, 02:24:43 AM »
Read the pdf file attached.

Robert Edward Brown was a junk yard worker and pig farmer when arrested in 1983. He killed 2 different girls, one in HIgh River and one in Okatoks in 1981. He admited to 7 more murders.

I never heard of this guy or these murders, but police say he moved to Alberta in 1977 and is not considered a suspect in the highway murders in BC.

This is a person I want to do more digging on, was he ever convicted of those other murders? What happened to him?

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Edward Brown | Possible Calgary Area Serial Killer???
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 02:20:19 PM »

Never heard of this guy, would like to know who his victims are? Male, female? Were they adults, children? Did he go after STW's. I know Calgary has a lot of deaths over the years.

CCF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 12:06:28 PM »
Hi there,

First post...in regards to your question of what happened to this guy, I found this article: 

http://www.insideprison.com/Kingston-Penitentiary.asp 

Read the part under "Hostage Takings & Riots", there is one small sentence about a Robert Edward Brown who was knifed to death in 1986 by a fellow inmate.  It is a poorly worded sentence as it is unclear (Brown or the inmate who stabbed him) which one was serving time for murder from a sentence stemming from 1983, which is when Brown was arrested.  Two questions remain, is this the same Robert Edward Brown and would a murderer in Alberta be shipped off to a max security prison in Ontario?

I am referring this thread as I am new to the Kelly Cook case where there was a link to this thread.  I intend on making a post about soon in regards to a few theories I have come up with in regards to the Kelly Cook case.  This is a great site with tons of great information for us "wannabe" sleuths (no disrespect to anyone, I consider myself to be a wannabe sleuth-haha).  I cannot believe how respectful people are of other people's posts compared to other sites I have visited; someone suggests a theory and they get torn apart, but not here.  This is great to see & read as who am I to discount anyone's theories.  I may not post often, but I will be hanging around reading!

D1

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 05:07:22 PM »
Interesting article in that link by the way,, hey if they can put up with my posts, they can handle whatever you want to say too.. post away
d1