Welcome to UnsolvedCanada.ca

This forum lists unsolved murders and missing people from Canada and other related discussions. If you wish to add a case, please create an account and add it, or send the information using the 'Contact' link on the top menu. Please Read The Rules Here.

Question:

Why are many people unwilling to provide tips to police that could solve a murder?

Author Topic: Cheryl Hanson - May 31, 1974 - Age 7 - Missing - Aurora, ON  (Read 21845 times)

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Re: Cheryl Hanson - May 31, 1974 - Age 7 - Missing - Aurora, ON
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2011, 08:07:32 PM »
Jane12
You'll have to excuse me; I'm not quite getting the question?

I'm modifying to say: Jane, do you mean that I mis-interpreted jeananne101's information around that video?  ...maybe I did.

[quoteI am interested to know what makes this poster think that this person that put this viedo up believe that Hanson is Marshall....?

If you watch the production on utube, it sure looks like this missing girl from Aurora.

][/quote]
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:11:49 PM by lostlinganer »

Sleuth

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2011, 01:15:37 AM »
Jane12, I'm not exactly sure what you are getting at. Are you able to repost with a clearer posting so I am able to understand. Thanks.

Jane12

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2011, 10:22:17 AM »

answering the queston ...about the source of RE:AKA Sharon Marshall DNA....ref: Book "A Beautiful Child" When the harvesting took place, (1990)some of her tissue rendered the DNA that was asked for by the NCMEC (1994) or later when the NCMEC started doing testing aginst missing ...people.

.....leaving the question still...is that DNA sample (really Sharon Marshalls')
who knows ?
the DNA was not gathered  right after she died or was buried,the sample came sometime later.....

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 10:26:37 AM by Jane12 »

Sleuth

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2011, 11:46:02 PM »
Oh, I understand now. That I don't know. But it is a good question. Maybe Angela can answer what you are wondering about, or someone else more familiar with DNA than I am. What I know about DNA could fill the head of a pin.

Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2011, 10:03:09 AM »
Hello!

Here is a side-by-side of Sharon Marshall and a child and young adult and Cheryl Anne Hanson as a child and the age progression photo of her at 44 and Christina Lynn Carter as a child and age Progression photo age 38. 

What I find most interesting is the eye shape (Sharon's left eye) It has a different shape then the right in almost all four photos of Cheryl and Sharon but most notable in the 1990 shot of Sharon and the age progressed photo of Cheryl.

I have also found another case that maybe Sharon Marshall... Christina Lynn Carter missing 1973 from Hueytown Alabama age 3 after looking at the photos side-by-side I personally do not see much similarities.

Angela Ellis

• Webmaster/Founder of www.nampn.org
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2011, 06:53:28 PM »
Sorry, I'm not following?

Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2011, 08:39:54 AM »
If you look at the left eye there is a heavier skin fold around the outer edge.  That skin gets more folded as you get older.

I just found it interesting that the age progressed photo of Cheryl Anne Hanson shows almost the same fold on the same side on only one eye as the photo of Sharon Marshall as a young adult does. 

I added the photos of Christina Lynn Carter because someone who knew more about then case then I did had tried to convince me that Christina was Sharon and I thought I would see what others think because personally I do not believe Christina was Sharon.

Are we following now? Was there something else I can clear up?

Angela Ellis

• Webmaster/Founder of www.nampn.org
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2011, 10:09:28 AM »
Sorry, I was referring to the DNA question.

Unfortunately there seems to be a great amount of confusion about this case and the DNA samples and some believing she is Floyd's daughter or really is the woman whose identity she used etc that make the DNA results seem questionable. I have faith that Law Enforcement will get to the bottom of it once and for all very soon.

Saying that, I really don't think she is Cheryl Hanson. I think that if Cheryl is ever found that it will be much closer to home. Sadly I think her disappearance is related to others in the area and that her killer is still free.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 11:14:33 AM by Angela Ellis »

Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2011, 11:21:00 AM »
No probs! I just re-read what I posted 1st and was thinking it may have been a little confusing. I personalty believe that outlaw motorcycle gangs may have a lot more to do with the missing children smuggled out for exploitation then a serial killer.

YvonneM

• View Profile
Re: Cheryl Hanson - Aurora, ON - Missing - 1974
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2012, 05:11:49 AM »
These disappearances frighten me. In 1969 I was around 4 years old. I lived in Beaton Ontario at the time. I was walking to my friends house who lived about a city block from my house. She lived on the farm where my dad was a farm hand at the time. I was never warned about strangers as a little girl and think I had my guardian angel at work that day. Anyway as I said I was walking along the side of the dirt road, opposite side as to my home. On the same side of the road as to where I was headed. I remember a beat up white van pulled up on the other side of the road. I stopped to watch. The driver appeared to be an older male, (scruffy in appearance), In the passenger seat was a younger male with dark hair. As I watched the driver said to me, excuse me little girl we're looking for directions to ( I don't remember where.) As the driver was asking the question, the (also scruffy) passenger go out and stepped around the front of the van. The driver then also opened his door. At this point I flew up the hill on my side of the road towards a corn field. This time one of them yelled "hey we only want directions come down". I took off running and never looked back. I was terrified. I never told a soul about this and it has always been in the back of my mind. When I see all of the disappearances in the Bramton T.O area I wonder if these men might be responsible for some of these disappearances. I just remember thinking at the time....who asks a little girl for directions in the country??????

Chants

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2013, 12:29:28 AM »
Hi Yvonne, I just read your post.  Do you think you could possibly have a sketch made up of these men?  I don't live in Canada, but I had a similar experience as a child, and till this day I remember the face of the man that stopped outside my house.  Maybe we could compare it to some of the pictures posted out there. Just a thought

A garden of tears: the murder of Kathryn-Mary Herbert

A casefile of events and story related to the 1975 murder of Kathryn Mary Herbert (Sutton).

Click Here