Author Topic: Unsolved Murders in Alberta  (Read 20933 times)

Desespere

Unsolved Murders in Alberta
« on: March 31, 2007, 05:40:12 PM »
Hi there,
I've put all Alberta in the Edmonton serial killer topic, but here is a link

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php/topic,2.0.html

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
Re: Unsolved Murders in Alberta
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 07:18:55 PM »
Women found at Valleyview baseball field, is likely a homicide, say the cops.They are asking the public for information... :'( :'( :'(

By Sun Media
Police are looking for information about a Valleyview woman found murdered near a baseball diamond in the northwest Alberta town on Saturday.

Police believe Michelle Louise Peterson, 43, may have been involved in drugs and are seeking the public?s help in determining her most recent whereabouts and who she had been in touch with in order to solve her murder.

Family members reached today declined comment on Peterson?s death, but a woman who knew her said the killing has shocked residents of Valleyview, which is 374 km northwest of Edmonton. ?

It?s pretty sad for our little town,? said the woman, who asked to remain anonymous.

?I didn?t know that she had a drug problem,? the woman added.

Police initially ruled the death suspicious but upgraded it to murder on Wednesday. They haven?t released the cause of death.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 08:09:23 PM »
For some reason I do not recall this town. It must have been just a gas station type place.

Probably a place where everyone knows everyone, probably will be easy to figure out who did it.

waterfordgirl75

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 12:15:05 PM »
I am new to this board but so far havent seen a posting for a couple of murdered young men who were from the Lloydminster area of AB.  These are 2 separate cases. 
One was named Jevin Jack, found dead just outside of LLoydminster after being dropped off after a night of partying in the dead of winter and left to die in the middle of a rural area in the wee hours of the morning. Never solved.

THe other was another young man named Dylan McGillis who was brutally stabbed on Whyte Ave in Edmonton after he, his pregnant girlfriend and friends were jumped. He was also from Lloydminster..never been solved either. His family did have a website for him and still are seeking petitions for justice for him. 
http://www.dylanmcgillis.ca/

They also go to the whyte ave with their pleas every year on his anniversary of his death in hopes that someone who was on that busy street that nite will come forward against the gang of ppl who were responsible for this. 

waterfordgirl75

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 12:28:16 PM »
Also wanted to encourage everyone to go to his website and view a video that is posted of "suspects of interest"....you never know who may recognise these persons and be able to bring justice to this family.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 11:22:24 PM »
I hope that gets solved. It seems there is more then enough people who know who did it.

Sleuth

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 11:53:37 PM »
Welcome ithinkicanhelpscared, what's up, how can we help?

I think i know something but all of my efforts are ignored. Chris I wrote to you. This is not a joke, please I need someone who will listen.

RustyShackleford

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 01:03:31 AM »
Huzzah!  An arrest in the Dylan McGillis murder
Cleophas Decoine-Zuniga, 23, was arrested.
Sadly, it says the evidence only supports a charge of manslaughter :(
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Edmonton+arrested+Whyte+Avenue+stabbing/4989364/story.html

SAP

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 01:57:26 AM »
At least they have the murderer and perhaps he may be accountable for more such violence and he can be put away for a very long time. Why is his name so very familiar?

My thoughts to Dylan's child and family.