Author Topic: 1955-06-29, TAYLOR, Ella Margaret - Pembroke, Nova Scotia (murdered)  (Read 9373 times)

BC Ident

Name: Ella Margaret Taylor

Date of Homicide: June 29, 1955

Location of Homicide: Pembroke, Hants County, Nova Scotia, Canada

Clothing Description: Pink print dress

Other: Glasses

Ella walked from her home to pick up the mail at the local post office. After picking up the family's mail, she called in at a friend's house before continuing on. The last person to see Ella alive was a local boy who saw her on the side of the main road of Pembroke talking a man behind the wheel of an automobile.

A search was made by family and local residents but no trace of Ella was found.

The next morning, two boys on a fishing trip discovered Ella's charred remains. Her body was located in the still smoking ruins of a small beach cabin. An autopsy revealed Ella's death was the result of "death by asphyxia". Kerosene was used as an attempt to destroy any evidence of Ella's murder.

Investigating officers:

Sergeant Donald Fitzgerald - RCMP (Windsor detachment)
Constable Sandy MacHaffie - RCMP (Windsor detachment)
Corporal K. Fraser - C.I.D. Plainclothes Branch, Halifax Police Force
Constable S. Gardner - C.I.D. Plainclothes Branch, Halifax Police Force
Dr.William Taylor - Nova Scotia provincial pathologist
Ira B. Lohnes - Coroner

Publication Source: "Lost" by Edith Mosher - (Lancelot Press, 1988)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 09:21:25 PM by BC Ident »

stony acres

• View Profile
Re: 1955-06-29, TAYLOR, Ella Margaret - Pembroke, Nova Scotia (murdered)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 09:45:18 PM »

This murder occurred near my home in Nova Scotia. I was 12 years old at the time and remember the fear and uncertainity we all felt not knowing who was responsable for this terrible deed. Ella was a distant relative of mine but I did not know her personally. I have been doing geneaolgy research and keep wondering if anything has ever come to light on this murder.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 07:30:19 PM »
This is a horrible crime against this young woman. It is too bad those boys could not give more information regarding the person she was talking to and a description of the vehicle. It does sound like this person could have been the murderer. The fact that her remains were burned, this is really over the top. Most times the person would not take time to do that unless he kept her captive for a time and when he disposed of the body he burned it, in this way all the vital evidence and clues would be destroyed in the fire. It surely could be someone she knows in the community. I say this, because of the fact the fire was set and would destory any clues and DNA that would be on the body. More should have been done to solve this crime and it still may be able to be solved today. I'd say it is someone who knew her that did this crime, my gut feeling. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 07:33:59 PM »
I did not realize that her body was in a burned out cabin. Well, it surely was someone who knew about this cabin in that area. This perverted individual is probably still living in that community and feels surely safe that he has gotten away with murder. This should be brought in front of the media again and shake things up again. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

peripeteia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 08:17:51 PM »
fear of reprisals from perpetrator
fear of being ostracized in the community, by family, friends
and the list must be long, because so few people come forward
with vital information to assist law enforcement in their work
to bring justice to those who no longer have a voice

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 08:55:23 PM »
Thank you for that peripeteia.... I didn't think there were any sincere cold case squads in NS.  I hope we hear that they start asking questions about this case.  Thanks again my friend.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 09:14:58 AM »
TO THE PERSON WHO SENT A MODERATOR REPORT REGARDING THIS CASE:

Please create an account and log on to the site. At that point it will be possible for you to send the Admin a private message or email.

Thanks,
Debbie

December

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2018, 08:42:44 AM »
I  have spent five years on the ELLA MARGARET TAYLOR CASE .I  have acquired a copy of the inquest and also the RCMP information out of OTTAWA. It is now available although they have the option to delete certain parts .Some time ago , there was a posting of someone who told a story of an individual who was dying in prison , and apparently said  quote WE MURDERED HER , AND ELLA  IS COMING TO GET ME .However , he would not reveal who the other person was .I  would like to contact that person and if possible where that story came from . Based on my information , she did get into a car , and was seen later that day in a car with two men .There is much more to my story , but this will do for now .

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2018, 01:17:25 PM »
Good for you December;  just what I like to see on here ... someone who takes the time to care and remember an unsolved. 

December

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 09:24:30 AM »
THANK YOU ,LOSTLINGANER, IT HAS BEEN AN AMAZING JOURNEY , JUST TRYING TO TIE UP A BIT MORE INFORMATION