Author Topic: Richard Brooks - Chilliwack, British Columbia  (Read 7431 times)

BC Ident

Richard Brooks - Chilliwack, British Columbia
« on: November 30, 2008, 04:17:19 PM »
Disclaimer:
This is a copy from a media article. The article being posted here does not take into account any further appeals or possible eventual proof of innocence on the part of the then convicted suspect. This article is for archive and research purposes only.

Source: Canadian Press, February 23, 1983

15 years for killing niece

New Westminster (CP) - a 29 year-old Chilliwack roofer has been sentenced to a minnimum of 15 years in prison for the murder of his wife's niece following testimony by two prisoners that he confessed the killing to them while serving time on a rape charge.

Richard Brooks was convicted in B.C. Supreme Court of the second-degree murder of 14 year-old Patricia Baxter of Chilliwack in 1978.

The girl's body was found with a bullet in the back of her head near the Vedder River, about 80 kilometres east of Vancouver, a month after she disappeared on her way home from school.

Testimony at the trial indicated Brooks talked about the killing while serving a three year term for raping his sister-in-law.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Brooks - Chilliwack, British Columbia
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 08:09:11 PM »
Geez, 15 years for the cold blooded murder of a 14 eyar old? That is terrible.

jlazette01

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 11:48:00 PM »
This girl was my mom's best friend. She wants to know more about what happened. Does anyone have ideas about where else I can look?

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 11:47:47 PM »
Yes the library is probably teh best idea. You can also contact the Vancouver news papers and see if they offer online archives so search. Those do cost money though.

Dandelion64

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 01:02:35 PM »
I have lots to say about this story as Trisha was on her way to MY house after school when she was abducted & also her Uncle was stalking me BIG time from the time she was kidnapped to the time her body was found & have numerous witnesses to that fact, but was NEVER approached by law enforcement. If they did they would have been able to put more time on for it, but now  know his name, my Mom would never let me know his name as she was trying to protect me, I was approached by newspaper reporters & television reporters wanting my part of the story, but my Mom put a stop to that. I have LOTS more to say, but I will keep it to myself for now.

Danielle

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 11:49:25 PM »
I'm so sorry that happened to you. It must have been scary. If you choose at some point you want to say more, feel free. This man sounds like a super pedophile or soemthing.

I have lots to say about this story as Trisha was on her way to MY house after school when she was abducted & also her Uncle was stalking me BIG time from the time she was kidnapped to the time her body was found & have numerous witnesses to that fact, but was NEVER approached by law enforcement. If they did they would have been able to put more time on for it, but now  know his name, my Mom would never let me know his name as she was trying to protect me, I was approached by newspaper reporters & television reporters wanting my part of the story, but my Mom put a stop to that. I have LOTS more to say, but I will keep it to myself for now.

Danielle

daveee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 09:22:08 PM »
Richard brooks should never be let out,but he is,He murdered my niece and raped another person,i would like to find out if he is ever aloud to come anywhere in bc.His family lives in abbotsford,I CAN NOT FIND OUT WHERE HE IS LOCATED,CAN ANYBODY HELP.I do not what him anywhere near chilliwack.

Ris

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 07:51:03 PM »
My name is Ris Dunbar and I am Patricia's little brother. Danielle I would really like to connect with you somehow, I am hoping you still read this site. I would like to be able to talk to someone about what happened to my sister. I was only 6 years old when she was murdered. Someone please help if you can.

Sincerely :D,
Ris

Im_new_here2

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 10:49:11 PM »
Hey This is really O/T but it really caught my attention when i seen it . I am from ontario canada and I have a cousin with the exact same name  (Richard Brooks) lol not to be confused with this SK richard but the same name non the less ..