Author Topic: 2003-02-16, NEILL, Marilynne "M.J." Judith - missing  (Read 7633 times)

BC Ident

2003-02-16, NEILL, Marilynne "M.J." Judith - missing
« on: November 30, 2008, 02:24:36 PM »
Marilynne Judith Neill

AKA M.J.

Missing Date & Location:
February 16, 2003 - Victoria, British Columbia

Case Type:
Missing, possible foul play

Race:
Caucasian

Sex:
Female

Age (at time of disappearnce):
30 years old

Height:
5'7" (171 cm)

Weight:
145 lbs (66 kg)

Hair Colour:
Brown

Eye Colour:
Blue

Distinguishing Characteristics:
Tattoo on arm.

Circumstances:

Marilynne Judith Neill was seen on the day of her disappearance, taking a cab to the house of an associate where she stayed until the afternoon. She was last seen leaving a Starbuck's at 11 pm.

Since Feb 16, 2003 Marilynne has not contacted her daughters, accessed her bank account, utilized her hot mail account nor spoken with any of her extended family or friends.

Marilynne was a drug user and was to appear in Victoria provincial court the next morning (February 17th) on a year-old charge of heroin possession. She worked as a cleaner up until two weeks before her disappearance. Marilynne is also a former Colwood municipality resident.

Update:
On the final weekend of July, 2006, Victoria City Police and West Shore RCMP tactical squads raided five homes and arrested 4 suspects. At least one of the men was one of the last people to have seen Marilynne Neill alive. The four men faced a number of charges ranging from arson to property related offences to murder.

Police strongly suspect foul play in Neill's disappearance. As of August 2006, no charges have yet been brought in the Mailynne Neill case.

Related Articles:

The Times Colonist - (Victoria, British Columbia), Tuesday August 1, 2006 - staff writer Rob Shaw
Victoria News - (Victoria, British Columbia), Thursday August 3, 2006
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 02:46:31 PM by BC Ident »

BC Ident

Re: 2003-02-16, NEILL, Marilynne "M.J." Judith - missing
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 02:29:23 PM »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 12:24:51 AM »
Maybe someone was afraid she was going to offer tips to the police???

BC Ident

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 08:42:11 PM »
Yes, my thoughts too. It is quite possible she knew enough about her friends and associates that warranted her being marked for murder. Maybe they were afraid she would talk as you said. She was alledgedly trying to turn her life around in her final days.

Sunshyne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 08:48:32 PM »
 Unfortunately Marilynne is STILL missing, I think it is pretty safe to say that she was murdered. Even though police as well as friends and family all know who is involved, there's not enough proof yet to bring charges against the cowards who killed her. I am highly disappointed and appalled by the other cowards who still refuse to come forward with the information they have about this. After 10 years these people are still withholding evidence that could bring closure to Marilynnes Mom,Daughters, family and friends. Stop being so spineless and do what's right for Marilynne, she was an amazing person and deserves justice and to rest in peace. PLEASE to all of you out there that know what happened, come forward!!! :(

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 11:52:49 PM »
My heart hurts for this lovely girl and her family.  It would be wonderful if somebody would step up here, and do what it takes.  ...just give the information to one of MJ's family if you are not comfortable with police or crimestoppers. 

It takes a special breed of person to step up.  You might be that person; a quiet hero!  please do it.. even if you do it quietly, it will also change your life, as in your own heart you will know how strong and good you are.  There is always a special angel out there with the power to change things... to right a terrible wrong!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 11:59:32 PM by lostlinganer »

Sunshyne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 08:06:45 AM »
Missing you STILL Marilynne. Its Christmas Eve & you should be here with friends & family. Still no one has come forward with the info we all know you have. While u are spending christmas with you families
Remember you could help MJs family by talking & doing the right thing. LETS BRING HER MURDERERS TO JUSTICE.

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 12:58:14 PM »
Welcome to the site Nocturnal Mistress. :)

I hope you have spoken to police about everything you know and I'm sure you have since Marilynne was your friend.
Unfortunate she went to visit one of those men before the trial ... perhaps she was trying to have them turn their lives around and they were afraid she would snitch on them. I hope LE can come up with enough evidence to get them. Perhaps you or family can keep at them so they will look into the situation more.

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 01:31:10 PM »
I'm neither friend nor family. Just a person interested in crime and hoping the justice system turns around so that the victims and families are regarded more than the killers. Murderers have way too many rights and Defence attorneys are way too powerful. They have a place and there is a need for them but for innocent people convicted of crimes they didn't commit. Not for the guilty to cover up their crimes the best they can. IMHO.

Nocturnal, you can post what you have on here, however, I would encourage you to go to police with what you have.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2016, 01:31:54 PM »
Hi Nocturnal Mistress. Welcome.

If you feel that you may have information in regard Marilyn's disappearance please contact Police. It is very unlikely that they will contact you.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2016, 02:30:19 PM »
Hi Nocturnal Mistress. There is contact information here which is taken from the link below. Although there is no detective named there is a contact number. Someone there may be able to direct you to the detective in charge of the investigation.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
 West Shore RCMP Detachment
(250) 474-2264
OR 
Crime Stoppers
(250) 386-TIPS (8477)

Source Information
West Shore RCMP Detachment

http://www.nampn.org/cases/neill_%20marilynne.html

Nocturnal Mistress

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2016, 02:46:11 PM »
     Thanx !!!

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2016, 03:13:56 PM »
      Well , I guess I'll give it a try , its not up to me whats important , I'll let the cops figure it out , it just makes me alittle nervous walking in there , my brother and John Thorson and his girlfriend Samantha Mcloud where murdered in 1996 in Oak Bay , I don't know if you guys remember it , but I'll never forget , since then I've always get nervous walking in to a police station , it gets the PTSD started allover again , But I would do it for Marilynne , I would do anything for her , I guess we will see what happens , does anyone know the Detective in charge ?His name would help , Thanx

You may only need to make a phone call, Nocturnal.

Are those the correct spellings of the individuals you named? I could  to seem to find anything on them.