Author Topic: 1959-00-00, HAMILTON, William "Bill" James Lawrence - missing  (Read 14334 times)

eyeswideopen

• View Profile
Re: 1959-00-00, HAMILTON, William "Bill" James Lawrence - missing
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 09:35:17 AM »
billsdaughter I was rechecking here to see if you had had any luck in locating your father.  May this new year bring you what your looking for in your search for you father.  All the best in 2013

SAP

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 10:43:51 AM »
Bill's daughter, the video is very touching. I hope this year is the year you will have some answers. :)

billsdaughter

• Searching For Bill Hamilton who disappeared 1958.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 08:27:14 PM »
Thank-you eyeswideopen and SAP. 

billsdaughter

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2013, 11:23:10 PM »
Just thought I would say I have no new information.   I wish I knew...where is his body?    It is as if he did not exist.  It is pretty sad to have lived, married, had kids, and years later...it is as if he vanished. 

billsdaughter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2014, 02:57:54 AM »

Just thought I would say I have no new information.   I wish I knew...where is his body?    It is as if he did not exist.  It is pretty sad to have lived, married, had kids, and years later...it is as if he vanished.

Every once in a while I google his name, and tonight I landed here, and just re-read this thread. 
It struck me after  the above post.... my dad is....Dr Who!

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2014, 11:49:52 AM »
Billsdaughter, I'm sorry you are still without answers and searching. It occurred to me that we may be able to tell what he may look like from pictures of his brothers, uncles or father at the age he would be today. Is there any pictures of the men in the family that may have resembled him then, and perhaps now? 

billsdaughter

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2014, 10:37:12 PM »
Hi, and thanks for your post.  I am not actively searching for Bill now, just look once in a while.  Bill does have one living brother, but they did not look alike, his other brothers and father died long ago.  I have only seen two pictures of my grandfather, and  a couple of old snapshots of his brothers, when they were younger.   I did find an aging (morphing) program on the  web a few years ago,  and aged a picture of Bill, but he basically looked the same, but with silvery hair a a few lines.  Feel free to try with the pic of Bill I have up if you want to, it's ok with me.   Just google face aging program or morphing program, there are a few free ones.
Happy Thanksgiving! (in Canada)

billsdaughter

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2016, 12:14:49 AM »
Still nothing. 

billsdaughter

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2018, 09:33:58 PM »
Another ten years has passed since this thread was started. 
Bill would be 83 this summer, if he was/is alive.
I posted an ad on the BC kijiji and will keep it going for a while. 
Not sure if I should pack it in...I mean, the chance he is alive is probably pretty slim. 

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2018, 01:08:53 AM »
I am sorry you did not have any resolves as yet, Bill's daughter. 83 is still young these days if people stay healthy. One never knows what is around the next turn. Hugs and good thoughts there will be answers.
:(

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2018, 02:43:52 AM »
True Sap1....I wish you could get some answers, billsdaughter.
You never know who is searching around the www.

billsdaughter

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2018, 04:03:51 AM »
Thank-you Sap1 and jobo for your support.
Yes, it is true, you never know who is reading.
To anybody who is reading, if your family has not heard from you in years,write them a letter/postcard.

billsdaughter

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2019, 10:37:57 PM »
Hello all.  How are your searches and cases going?  Nothing to report abut Bill..  Hoping his body will be found while I am living, but to be safe, I put my dna data on gedmatch.  Just in case it can help identify him.
Keep smiling!

« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 10:46:13 PM by billsdaughter »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2019, 08:59:49 AM »
Billsdaughter, I'm sorry you are going through this. But, why I'm writing this is to say, even when found we often really don't have answers as to how and why. I don't know if that makes any difference for you. Just thought I would share in case it would.

When I look at the details in this thread, one thing stands out. If Bill did escape to another life and leave all of you behind due to financial difficulties, a lot of time has passed. His financial difficulties should no longer be a burden or hinderance, or a legal issue, to him allowing you, his child, to have at least some peace in life. I would like to leave a message for your father in case he finds this thread: If you are out there, William "Bill" James Lawrence, what would it take at this time to lend some peace to your daughter? Set her free. That's some kind of love for your child to have for you to want to know if you need to be found, if she should keep searching. Give her at least that. Contact her and let her know. You can set boundaries, discuss that you have a new life now, or whatever is your concern. But, do one huge favor for mankind and give her something that can take away the need to keep searching. Set her free. Let her live her life, especially if you have been able to live yours. It's a tough pain to wonder if there is someone out there that needs to be found. Set her free. Let her move on.

The same can be said for any possible friend or connection that may also have answers. Choose to be humane, take the burden off your conscience, and let Bill's daughter gain peace.

And, billsdaughter, here's a few thoughts to offer to you on your search:
  • Don't just rely on the one DNA database. Be proactive and have your results entered into both the Canada and U.S. national missing person and unidentified database. Have them assign a case number and case details into their databases. Make sure they include your DNA information as well. This is new technology since your father's disappearance that tries to cull all the details of cases that need to be solved. As they upgrade, the system is able to provide matches, or those who find people are able to match details to missing person cases. 
  • You may want to add the DNA information to other DNA ancestry databases as well, because they don't all share information. Having your listing in some of the majors may expand your reach of finding relatives and answers, with or without your dad's disclosure.
  • There are now DNA experts (search "Forensic DNA Experts" for databases of these people) who devote their life to helping to give families much needed answers. Finding missing persons, and connecting family. They have access to more databases and ways of connecting your sample to the many resources out there. Most of these experts are hired to research and give legal testimony in court, but they have people on staff that do their groundwork... maybe someone at that level is more affordable. Some of these DNA experts do so publicly as part of a television or news show (search "genealogy television shows" or "tv shows researches dna to find answers"). If the story is interesting enough and successful in their finds, they sometimes do this pro bono in order to enhance their programming and their reputation in successfully finding others. Either way, a DNA forensic expert has many, many tools at their disposal more efficiently than you or I to find the answers you are looking for. May be worth a try.

Hope this may help. I'm sorry that you are still searching. There is peace in knowing your loved one doesn't need to be found any longer. I hope you may have your answers soon. Good luck to you.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 06:40:44 PM by Concerned »