Author Topic: THIS IS NUTS!!!  (Read 6545 times)

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
THIS IS NUTS!!!
« on: November 27, 2008, 06:23:18 AM »
This is bad. This sick psycho, needs to be forever locked up!!! He is a violent sex offender, and kudos to the caretaker who held him!!!

Boy, women attacked in 3-hour span
By CHRIS KITCHING, SUN MEDIA

Peter Lloyd Roger Laporte, 34, is charged with two counts of aggravated sexual assault, sexual interference, and assault with a weapon. Laporte was charged with sexual assault last year. The charges were dropped Nov. 10.

A veteran Winnipeg police officer calls it one of the most disturbing cases of his career.

An eight-year-old boy and two women were violently sexually or physically assaulted in a three-hour span Sunday, allegedly by a complete stranger.

"I've been with the service for 27-plus years and this is probably one of the most disturbing, horrific, isolated incidents I've been exposed to," said Sgt. Brent Wynnyk, a member of the sex crimes and child abuse units. "It's disturbing to myself as a seasoned police officer."

He said such a case is rare.

"This is a first for me, having come across one individual responsible for three separate attacks on three perfect strangers," he said.

Police arrested a suspect at the scene of the third assault, but it likely wouldn't have been as quick without a caretaker interrupting the attack and holding the male until officers arrived at Cumberland House, a high-rise apartment at 360 Cumberland Ave.

The suspect's mom lives in the building, tenants said.

Police said the boy was the victim of the first assault, which occurred in the stairwell of a Balmoral Street apartment about 4:30 p.m.

Police said a male followed the boy into the building and allegedly committed a violent sexual assault, inflicting serious injuries, until he was interrupted and fled.

About 90 minutes later, the male allegedly pulled a knife on a 23-year-old woman and her two-year-old son in an elevator at Cumberland House.

The male pulled the woman into a hallway but the assault was stopped by someone.

At 7:30 p.m., the male met a 48-year-old woman near Sargent Avenue and Agnes Street. The pair went to Cumberland House, where the male punched the woman and sexually assaulted her in a stairwell near the 21st floor, police and tenants allege.

The caretaker intervened. Police said the woman suffered minor physical injuries.

"That bothers me. I would have beat the s--- out of him like (the caretaker) did," said one tenant.

Police did not detail the caretaker's involvement.

Peter Lloyd Roger Laporte, 34, is charged with two counts of aggravated sexual assault, sexual interference, and assault with a weapon. Laporte was charged with sexual assault last year. The charges were dropped Nov. 10.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: THIS IS NUTS!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 12:05:30 PM »
Wow I am glad there are people like those who stopped this case. Too often, when a violent criminal is attacking someone, people are too afraid to intervene in anyway.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 12:35:01 PM »
I think any typical prisoner takes these kinds of sex creeps personally and would dispense some justice.

dsdlaporte

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 08:08:31 PM »
sucks to be me. this is my dad were all talking about.    :'( :o ;D and i am NOT joking.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 09:16:44 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear that.

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 05:07:49 AM »
You must be quite young still - I truly hope you had the proper councelling to know your fathers actions do not reflect you in any way.  It should never suck to be you!

I wish you all the best in life.

Miss R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 02:18:41 PM »
Why were the charges dropped? 

The Canadian.com reported several disturbing assaults done by the same man, yet there's a mystery why the charges were dismissed: 

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=6d3286bf-ca06-4492-96cd-68dc89e44218&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+canwest%2FF75+(canada.com+National+News)

dsdlaporte, it has been two years since the charges were dropped.  How's the family doing?  Woodland is correct, seek counselling.  SW and counsellors will provide you with links to legal and other services that can provide better protection for your family. 

koris

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 07:57:28 PM »
He is still in jail for these charges and more. He doesnt go to court until May of this year and it keeps getting remanded.

Why were the charges dropped? 

The Canadian.com reported several disturbing assaults done by the same man, yet there's a mystery why the charges were dismissed: 

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=6d3286bf-ca06-4492-96cd-68dc89e44218&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+canwest%2FF75+(canada.com+National+News)

dsdlaporte, it has been two years since the charges were dropped.  How's the family doing?  Woodland is correct, seek counselling.  SW and counsellors will provide you with links to legal and other services that can provide better protection for your family.

Shadow Girl