Author Topic: Dianna Sandeman | Unsolved Murder (July 5, 2006) | Europa Sports Bar  (Read 6909 times)

kells79

• View Profile
Please help me find my friends killer.  Sadly my friend Dianna Sandeman was gunned down July 5, 2006 while sitting in the car with her boyfriend.  No leads as of yet have come in to police besides her boyfriends account of what happened.  This beautiful woman was taken to soon, she touched the lives of many of us who knew and grew up with her.  I know her family and friends require closure from this horrible injustice.  Please help me spread the word.  Please find the details below

Homicide Squad
Unsolved Current Investigation

Homicide: #35/2006
Date: July 5, 2006

Victims
Dianna SANDEMAN
27/F

Dianna and her boyfriend had just left an Etobicoke sports bar when Dianna was shot. Injured Male
32/M

The deceased and this injured male were partners.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Details of Investigation
Dianna Sandeman was 27 years-old when she was murdered. She had recently started a job with Signature Vacations.

On July 4, 2006 at approximately 11:45 p.m., Diane and her boyfriend received an invitation from a friend to attend the Europa Sports Bar, 376 Browns Line for drinks.

At the bar they joined other persons, including friends and management of the bar, for drinks. After last call, approximately 2:10 a.m, Sandeman and her boyfriend left the bar by the front door. They entered their vehicle, a black, 2002 BMW, 2-door which was parked in front.

As Sandeman?s partner started the automobile, gunshots were fired. Her boyfriend saw smoke inside the vehicle and that Ms. Sandeman was bleeding. The passenger-side window was down. Both Sandeman and her boyfriend had been struck by gunshots.

Ms. Sandeman?s boyfriend went to the passenger door to aid his girlfriend. At this time he saw a man walking northbound Browns Line north of his vehicle. The man is described as follows: 5?10? tall, thin build, wearing denim pants and a black hooded sweat shirt.

A canvass of the area produced a witness who describes seeing a black male running from the scene to a waiting vehicle parked on the north side of Burlingame Rd.

Patrons from the bar called 9-1-1.

Both victims were rushed to hospital. Despite medical intervention, Ms. Sandeman succumbed to her injuries. Her partner was examined and released.

A firearm was located by officers in the area of the shooting.

Investigators would like the public?s help to solve this crime.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suspects
UNKNOWN

Additional Media
No items available

How you can help
If you have any information, please contact Toronto Police or their tips hotline
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 01:20:09 AM by Chris »

waabzy

• View Profile
Re: Help me find my friends killer (Dianna Sandeman)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 05:14:31 PM »
Kells first let me express my deepest condolences over the horrific death of your friend Dianna.  I remember when this happened. I could never understand why they werent able to get DNA off the gun that was found nearby.  Or was there DNA found on it?
I don't recall seeing much followup news on this case.

I share your pain and frustration as my cousin Carolyn Connolly was murdered here in Toronto as well,on Aug. 2, 2008. No arrests.
Witnesses are not speaking. They are frightened. 
I'm on a mission.  Care to join me? ANYONE???

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Dianna Sandeman | Unsolved Murder (July 5, 2006) | Europa Sports Bar
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 01:21:32 AM »
I'm very sorry abour your friend, I hope the police still have some leads on this. Often there is a person the police 'know' did it, but cannot prove it just yet. But it does not mean they are not trying. Let's hope someone can send the police the tip that closes this case.

daybreak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 10:12:37 AM »
Hi Kells   I am so sorry for your loss. But believe me when I tell you she is OK now. 

I would be very interested in the police looking at the boyfriend again not that he shoot her but he knows why. I he had a beef with someone and it cost your friend her life. 

Daybreak

Angels.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 07:28:14 AM »
Good point. It is weird that his car was targeted for some reason. He must know something then.

waabzy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 08:06:13 AM »
there is a lot of organized crime in that area tho..........  his car might have been mistaken for someone else's????

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 11:01:51 AM »
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/etobicoke-shooting-victims-were-targeted-police-say/article712931/Police are investigating whether Mr. Dennett's criminal record had anything to do with the attack: He served time in jail earlier this year, after an assault conviction.

They are also looking into why Mr. Dennett, who is unemployed, was driving a BMW.

Witnesses said the killer fled the scene in a grey or silver car, possibly a 2005 or 2006 Nissan Maxima or Pontiac Sunfire. He was described as dark-skinned, 6 feet tall, younger than 25, thin, with straight black hair to his collar and the lower part in a white crocheted net.