Author Topic: German Man lures teen over the internet, Meadow Lk, Saskatchewan  (Read 3044 times)

mauvelilac

German Man lures teen over the internet, Meadow Lk, Saskatchewan
« on: November 07, 2008, 03:45:23 PM »
Wasn't sure where to put this:

By The Canadian Press

ADVERTISEMENT

MEADOW LAKE, Sask. - A man from Germany, in Canada on a work visa, has been arrested outside a junior high school in northern Saskatchewan and charged with sexual assault and the Internet luring of a girl.

RCMP in Meadow Lake say they received a call about a suspicious vehicle parked outside the school as classes began Thursday morning.

Officers said they questioned the 37-year-old man and learned that he had been in contact over the Internet with a young, female student at the school for a few months.

The pair had also met in person.

They allegedly had a sexual relationship, RCMP spokesman Cpl. Bill Betker said Friday.

"I believe it was consensual, and she knew his age," he said.

Betker added that the man "eventually" learned the girl's age.

Betker would only reveal that she is under 16.

The man, a German national living in Edmonton, is to appear in Meadow Lake provincial court Friday on three charges: luring a child over the Internet, sexual assault and sexual interference.

Betker said his name is to be released following the court appearance.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/081107/national/crime_internet_luring

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
Re: German Man lures teen over the internet, Meadow Lk, Saskatchewan
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 05:00:52 PM »

Thanks Mauve, You did well.

I read the article, and also the link, where others had thoughts on this. I was surprised as someone said that 14 was the legal age for sex in Canada. Is this true?We know she was under 16, but not specific, and to me it doesn't matter, as this  was a 37 year old man!

I wonder if he got a WORK VISA TO COME AND MEET HER? sorrycaps..
Cops:
 The man, a German national living in Edmonton, is to appear in Meadow Lake provincial court Friday on three charges: luring a child over the Internet, sexual assault and sexual interference.

Something to think about. I am in no way sticking up for the guy, as he was of age to know, he should not have gone out with a minor. I was getting into bars in Montreal when I was 15/16 and have to say it was risky.I am in no way proud of my teen years, and stuff I did.I understand now, but then I was a toxic teen.I would have listened to anyone who spoke to me, but was also a scrapper. Why am I telling you this? Because the girl he went with, probably didn't realize the consequences, and may have been taken in by a smooth operator.

I don't want this gal to be blamed for Anything! Period. The article is suggestive that it was a mutual relationship. Still the man KNEW he was taking a chance.

Any other ideas?

mauvelilac

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 06:09:19 PM »
I  kind of posted it as a way of showing how some of our young missing women could be taken in by a smooth operator and who knows then maybe introduced to the sex trade. I also posted it to show parents of young ladies like this the dangers their teens face when they aren't vigilant to their internet use. The
internet is a great piece of technology but the dangers that lurk on-line for our young women are alarming to say the least.
For ex: Had the police not caught this person he could have drove to the States with this young lady and boarded a plane for Europe and she might very well be on here as missing rather than just a topic to discuss. ???
Another thing that bothers me is he was arrested in Saskatchewan but lived in Edmonton. What else has he been up to in Canada while courting this young lady?

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 01:00:20 AM »
Wow, this is incredible! Sex offenders have no self control and will fly around the world for sex with kids. I hope this guy gets a prison sentence and a good swift kick in the pants while in prison.

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 02:27:23 AM »

Thanks Chris, Can always rely on you for your two cents, on peds.

Makes you wonder who you can trust any more. So many stories of net abuse going on, even with adults. People getting scammed, threatened, manipulated; you have to be real careful.

If you do meet someone from the net, or site, always go to a public place, well lit, lots of people. Like a mall for coffee. Or a pub, if you are meeting a few at the same time.Take someone with you, if you are unsure. Make sure you have cab money if you don't have a car.

I met someone from this site at a mall. Her boyfriend was a table away. I recognized him as soon as we later met at a pub. Some of us from this board.I went alone, but felt safe in a Mall. I should have brought someone with me!

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 12:53:39 PM »
These kids need to be taught at home the dangers of strangers! Before it gets blamed on colonialism. There just is not enough teaching at home, otherwise there would not be such an epidemic of females missing and murdered.

Shadow Girl

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 04:38:31 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/internet-lurer-deported-to-germany-1.802785

Internet lurer deported to Germany

CBC News Posted: Aug 14, 2009 4:25 PM CT| Last Updated: Aug 14, 2009 7:34 PM CT

A German man who was convicted of luring a 13-year-old girl from Meadow Lake, Sask., over the internet has been deported.

Torsten Senf, who was 37 when he was arrested Nov. 2, 2008, was returned to Germany on Thursday.

According to police, Senf had established a relationship with the girl over the internet and travelled to her home town for a face-to-face meeting. He was arrested outside a junior high school.

Senf pleaded guilty to luring a child and was sentenced to one year in jail and placed on Canada's sex offender registry.

He was released from jail and, according to federal officials, deported with an order that he never to return to Canada.

At the time he struck up the relationship with the girl, Senf was living in Edmonton on a work visa.

During the court proceedings, it was learned that while there was no physical relationship between the two, Senf was pursuing the teenager, hoping for a romance.