Author Topic: Amber Carrie Potts-Jaffary - December 5, 1988 - Age 16 - Missing - Etobicoke  (Read 32459 times)

Doc Potts

• View Profile

She was my cousin.  Her father is my Uncle and this is what my family has told me.  The RCMP came to a family members home looking for her father.  They already had the DNA from Chris that placed her at the Pickton farm, but needed her fathers to be 100% sure.  As fare as I know Chris came to terms with Amber when the DNA was given. 

Amber Bless your sole. RIP

Leigh

• View Profile
Hello Doc Potts,

This is a very interesting story, as I spent much time with Amber before she went missing, as well as her 16th Birthday in Niagara Fall.  I was her best friend, I spent time with her mother, and she never to the day she passed new where her daughter ended up or what happened. In many conversations with Chris did she ever say anything about the pig farmer.

michellebell72

• View Profile
Hi Leigh, My name is Michelle and I was who Amber was coming to see the day she disappeared. She was coming to meet me at a donut shop at Jarvis & Gerrard and never showed, which was very unlike her. If she said she was going to be there at a certain time, she would be. I called Chris about an hour after she was supposed to meet me and told her she hadn't shown up. That was the last time anybody heard from her. Sorry Doc Potts but I am not sure how she ended up on the Picton Farm when she had left her mom's house in Etobicoke to come to downtown TO to meet me. So not sure if I believe that or not.  I'm so sorry to hear that Chris has passed. How awful for her to not know what happened. I remember Chris scouring the downtown alley's looking for Amber and coming up with nothing, she interrogated everybody that we knew and came up empty. How does someone just disappear of the face of the earth?? I think about Amber everyday and wonder what happened. Someone somewhere has to know something..right??!!

cate

• View Profile
No where in the entire Picon Mess is Ambers name mentioned. I can not see her heading West on her own, Infact I was around that time and I remember talking to her when I ran into her on Victoria St around this period of time and she was not into heading West at all. If I remember correctly she laughed and said she was headed to Pioneer. She was with another Girl but I can not remember who that was I was with a blonde girl same age named Janet.

I don't know what she would have left her stuff if she was planning on making a move but I still say that this Doe Network #26UFGA the 4th one in looks just like her, I e-mailed them just to see if they would check into it and got told that they do not need web detectives and not to bug them, ass.....I think that it would be easy to check dental records.....

I also still think that it is really strange that she went missing about exactly a year after they found Kelly murdered.
I think about Amber and wish that someone would just talk and let the truth come out. She was a cool chick who deserved way more than this.
Cate

Leigh

• View Profile
This morning I was opening my bills and on the back of one of the envelopes there was Amber:( she is still being looked for. I started to cry. I have read everything people have said on line and a few things have me stumped.
Who is this Kelly girl?, and a few of you claime to have known Amber. Please can you tell me everything you new of her at the time she went missing. I work in the Law department and I have requested all paper work on this case. If anyone has something, please email it to me boydco1@hotmail.com
Thanks
Leigh

Leigh

• View Profile
Michelle and Cate: what was your connection with Amber?

Leigh

• View Profile
Eyeswideopen, as to where they lived it was in the six-plexes

cate

• View Profile
Leigh:

She was a friend.

cate

• View Profile
Leigh,

Hi. I had sent you an e-mail with more information that you were asking about, I knew Amber through a Mutual friend of ours Ruth.

cate

• View Profile
The last time I had seen Amber was when I ran into her on Victoria Street in downtown Toronto, she was with a friend I did not know and I was with another girl, Jant, she was headed to Pioneer Donuts and we were headed in a different direction, we chatted for a few moments then both went our own way, I am not sure when this was in relation to when she was last seen.

Roselvr

• View Profile
We're discussing a Doe from April 1990 California, on another board; someone found Amber's profile as well as your post. The Doe we're discussing carried a motel key. There are no morgue photos; there is a sketch available at the links below that those of you that knew her should be able to decide if she's worth a look. One poster has seen the morgue photo but has been asked not to share it. He's done a few recons of her that he's not quite happy with.

I don't know Amber's dental history; those that know her should be able to decide from the dentals on this Doe.

NamUs
Doe

Unidentified White Femalet
Died on April 1, 1990 in Huntington Beach, Orange County, California as a result of a traffic-related accident.

Vital Statistics
  • Estimated age: 18 - 30 years old 
  • Approximate Height and Weight:: 5'4"; 122 lbs
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown eyes; brown hair. Acne scars were visible on her face. Well-nourished build with large breasts. Her feet were size six and she wore black toenail polish.
  • Dentals:: Her teeth showed signs of previous orthodontics and she had received dental care shortly before her death. Expensive porcelain dental work. Restorations on back of top front 4 teeth. Dental records and fingerprints are available.
  • Clothing:: She was wearing a black cotton dress; a red, long-sleeved shirt; fishnet stockings; a pink sweater; a size 40 D bra; and pink shoes, with the price tags still on. A ring made of human hair was located on her left ring finger. She carried a smooth black stone, and a motel key inscribed with No. 218. She carried no identification and no credit cards.
Case History Doe network
This young woman stepped onto Pacific Coast Highway on April Fools' Day, 1990. She was struck first by a Mazda MX-6, then a Lincoln Continental. She died instantly.
When a sketch of her was published in local newspapers, several Huntington Beach residents said they had spoken with her.
Her first name may have been Andrea and she may have been from the East-Coast. She had no permanent home in Orange County. One of the people who had spoken with her said she claimed to be adopted and was trying to find her real family. She said she was from somewhere like Virginia. And she told another person she was from New York. She claimed that she was 25 or 26. But she appeared to be as young as 16.
"Andrea" also spent a night at the home of a mobile-home salesman who took pity on the homeless woman who had few articles of clothing and no money. The family fed her, gave her the back bedroom and gave her some money. "Andrea" apparently took the money and bought clothes at a Goodwill store, including a pair of shoes for $19.95. She was wearing the pink shoes with the price tags still on when she was struck on the highway by two cars.
Her parents, she claimed, were pretty well-known, but she didn't divulge who they were. She had been adopted at a very young age. She didn't have any type of identification. The salesman said the morning "Andrea" left his house, she cut off some of her hair and put it on her finger.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 08:50:20 AM by debbiec »

amiga

• View Profile
My sweet long lost friend Amber, i have never forgotten about her.  I wish i could have been there for her.  :'(

Leigh

• View Profile
I sit here today, as I always do thinking of my dear friend Amber. I wish that someone would step forward and explain what happened to her. Whether it was an Actus Reus or a Mens Rea. I know someone knows more than what they are saying or saw!! Please open you heart and help Amber come home to where she belongs!! Alive or not, and help people heal. We have the right to this. It's been long enough!!

Angela Ellis

• Webmaster/Founder of www.nampn.org
    • View Profile
Leigh,

I am so very sorry for all you and Amber's other loved ones are going through. I suggest contacting the media in late June/early July to see if they will do a story about her disappearance to coincide with her birthday. It may bring someone forward. If you need help with this please do let me know, I would be happy to assist.

Take care,
Angela

jaffary

• View Profile
If there is answers,  tell me please.  amber was my neice.