Author Topic: Amber Carrie Potts-Jaffary - December 5, 1988 - Age 16 - Missing - Etobicoke  (Read 32458 times)

Desespere

Amber Carrie Potts-Jaffary -
DOB: 1972/07/27
Missing
Date last seen: December 05, 1988
Location last seen: Etobicoke, ON

Amber Carrie Potts-Jaffary - December 5, 1988 - Age 16 - Missing ? Etobicoke - Amber was last seen in Etobicoke, ON Characteristics: Scars on left knee, ankle and eyebrow Case number: 5192-S Eyes: Brown Hair: Brown Height: 5'7" Weight: 130 lbs.
http://news.webshots.com/photo/2097261870064924833lvMrKe

http://www.ourmissingchildren.gc.ca/cgi-bin/display_case.pl?OMC_DC_CaseID=118&OMC_DC_Language=en
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/312dfon.html
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 03:13:36 AM by Desespere »

Leigh

• View Profile
Hello, To whom it may concern
I grew up with Amber in Muskoka and still can't figure this all out, I have been looking for her and her mother for a long time and then talking to friends they informed me she was missing. Found all this information online and can't understand it. Her mother moved and would love to talk to her. Has there been any answers to what has happened to her (Amber)? I miss her so much and would love to know more, I think of her often. Does anyone have any answer????? PLEASE ???   ???

Sleuth

Welcome Leigh! Are you able to tell us what Amber was like as a person? Her likes dislikes, personality, quirks, what her favourite colour is?  Thanks.

Leigh

• View Profile
Amber was a loving friend, family member with some difficulties. She always was a great friend to me. We last saw each other July on her birthday in 1988, she then went missing in Nov. after leaving her mothers home in Etobicoke. She is greatly missed by so many, and her friends from Muskoka have so many questions as I do. Her mother is ill and would love some kind of closure.
Amber loved the outdoors as we always were at the lake or on the trails.
I wish and hope that were ever she is that she is okay and at peace. If anyone has answers to her were abouts I would love to let her mother know, as time has gone by she has lost most of her family and again her mother is very ill - I can't stress here illness as she really needs peace. Someone out there knows something, help me find her or some kind of answer of her were abouts.   :'( She was like the sister I never had. Come home Amber you can reach your mother in Toronto still.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 05:08:31 PM by Leigh »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Sorry about your friend, that must be very hard. I wish I knew more, but I do not.

When did her mother move away? Was she married or have a boyfriend at the time (the mother)?

I'm just curious, not suspicious.

Leigh

• View Profile
Ambers mother is still in Toronto, but is very ill, I don't understand how someone can just disappear of the face of the earth and still 21 years later no answers, "Nothing". Now I understand the words "Cold Case". Someone out there knows what happened or where she is. As I think of her, I just don't understand how this could of happened. She was full of energy, happy girl and was loved by so many. All I would like is to know where she is so that her mother can leave this world with knowing everything that she has done was for a reason.
It's been so long, I don't even know where to start??????? Her mother never married but is still with the same man, since Ambers disappearance, Amber knows him.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 10:07:14 AM by Leigh »

Leigh

• View Profile
Can anyone tell me there definition of Classification: Endangered Runaway
Thank
Leigh

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Hi Leigh, I found this definition for 'Endangered Runaway' when I did a google search.

There are dozens of reasons why a runaway would be classified under Endangered Runaway.
Medical conditions that need monitored daily (like diabetes), who they ran away with (or from), suicide risk- just to name a few.
Source(s):
15 yrs Law Enforcement.

It appears that a runaway would be classified 'Endangered Runaway' where there are any risk factors that would put them in immediate danger.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 02:25:30 PM by debbiec »

Leigh

• View Profile
Can anyone direct me in the right direction to get information on this case?????
Thanks,
Leigh

Sleuth

The best place to start is with the Police and see what they have on file. If you are not a relative maybe the mother or another relative can do so. If that doesn't work, go to the old archive newspapers and search for any articles that appeared or mentions Amber. Or try to track down any of her friends or acquaintances that she knew around the time she went missing. Did she have a boyfriend? Met a new guy? Had a dream to follow, as in a place she always wanted to visit or a occupation she wanted to pursue. Who were her closest friends at that time? Where did she live? Are you able to go to the old neighborhood and see if anyone still lives there who remembers Amber? It's a start. Good luck. Are you able to get any DNA from the mother, or relative for deposit? What were her reason's for running away before and then returning?

Leigh

• View Profile
Thanks Sleuth,
I have contacted Metro Police and they tell me that someone will get back to me, boy it makes me not want to lose my dog. I guess they have to find the file????

The best place to start is with the Police and see what they have on file. If you are not a relative maybe the mother or another relative can do so. If that doesn't work, go to the old archive newspapers and search for any articles that appeared or mentions Amber. Or try to track down any of her friends or acquaintances that she knew around the time she went missing. Did she have a boyfriend? Met a new guy? Had a dream to follow, as in a place she always wanted to visit or a occupation she wanted to pursue. Who were her closest friends at that time? Where did she live? Are you able to go to the old neighborhood and see if anyone still lives there who remembers Amber? It's a start. Good luck. Are you able to get any DNA from the mother, or relative for deposit? What were her reason's for running away before and then returning?

Leigh

• View Profile
Okay, I will give you the information that I have and hope that someone can send me information on Amber.
She was 16 years old home having dinner with her mother. After dinner she spoke with her Grandmother on the phone. She then left her home on Rabbit Lane, Etobicoke, ON. to meet someone. That was the last time her mother saw her. November 27, 1988. It has been cold ever since. She disapeared off of the face of the earth. She was known to run away, but always stayed in touch with someone, mother, grandmother and me. This is out of the character for her. To this day nothing. Ambers mother was all over the area asking questions, join different groups and still came up empty handed. I was only 17 at the time and this was something my mother wanted me to stay away from. Ambers mother will probably leave not knowing what happened, but if I could find out anything for her since I am older and can deal with all of this now I will do what ever it takes. I have come to a brick wall and not sure what to do. Toronto Metro Police are to get back to me, not even sure they can tell me anything. Ambers mother is not well enough to continue. So, if anyone can help that would be more than you would ever know. Mother had to move from the apt. they lived in as it was sold, she fought to stay and they fight ended with her having to move. She is still in Toronto.
Amber Carrie Potts Jaffary
DOB: July 26, 1972
Age when missing: 16
Missing: Nov. 27, 1988
Brown hair, brown eyes
scare above eye, on knee and ankle
last known place: Rabbit Lane, Etobicoke, ON.

Thank you to you all,
Leigh

capeheart

• View Profile
Leigh, I am so sorry for you and feel your concern and mystery as to what happened to Amber. This sure does not sound very good after all of these years. The fact that she left and did not say who she was meeting, leaves a mystery for everyone, even the police. The fact that she always called home and contacted her family is another mystery, as to why she hasn't. As stated, it would be good if her DNA was produced and given to the police in the area, then ID could be made on deceased persons, that could be Amber. After all this time with no contact, one has to think that she met with foul play. We all hope for the best, but after all these years we have to face reality and that things may not have a good ending. I hope you are successful in finding out further information. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Sleuth

How is it going with finding Amber, Leigh?

Leigh

• View Profile
Not so good, her mother had a bad week end therefore I was not able to see her, hope to get down to Toronto this coming week end. Sleuth, I was wondering, if there some where with in the computer I can go to see the history on Amber?
Thanks
Leigh