Author Topic: Brandon Crisp, October 13th, 2008  (Read 30999 times)

Shwa

• View Profile
Re: Brandon Crisp, MISSING, October 13th, 2008
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2008, 03:28:17 PM »
Hey Newbie4, "If we give up hope then what is the point?"

The point is that there may be questions that simply cannot be answered and that the answers given thus far raise many more questions.  Comes to a point where, given the available evidence, that we have to settle for the unsatisfactory answer.  Many accidental deaths are just like this -many questions and too few answers where the truth, the objective and sure truth, simply is no longer available to us.

Which begs the question, what is the point of the "hope" exactly?

No one is suggesting that questions should not be asked or that investigations should not be undertaken where evidence warrants further investigation, just that, sooner or later, there is going to be a need for acceptance that we can't know everything.  That isn't a failing, it is just human nature.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2008, 05:44:20 PM »
just curious as to why people (or person) think he may have had rope marks on his wrists?
where did that come from?
Thx

Newbie; try going back and reading the thread.
I made the remark about marks on his wrists - we don't know that there were any.  I was being sarcastic as to the fact that when someone falls out of a tree, especially one that's quite high, they usually always put their hands and/or feet out to break the fall. unless their hands are tied or trapped behind their backs??/

It's like the remark I made about the autopsy being secret - I am being sarcastic because it's almost impossible to get autospy results (even the family) when someone dies in an ambiguous situation.  At least, that's been my experience over the years; you have to push for them or get a lawyer to do it. 
The only autopsy reports any of us would get to see would be if the family of a victim posted them.  The press doesn't get a copy of autopsy results.... all they get is a statement from the police.  ...so it's whatever the police wants to tell them. 

« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 08:13:44 PM by lostlinganer »

« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2008, 08:00:21 AM »
Well all I can say is... I don"t believe that, "Brandon Death", happen like the papers and police are saying...
Something is just not wright??? Brandon may your soul rest in peace...Like I said before I don"t have alot of faith in Barrie Police but I hear The O.P.P. are the ones working the case...GOOD then maybe there will be more answers from the O.P.P...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 08:06:31 AM by 19181982 »

« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2008, 08:04:10 AM »
Sorry I should not of said ,"Case"...But I don't believe that Brandon just feel from a tree and if he did he had help from someone falling from that tree...There is more to this but we may never know...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 08:05:55 AM by 19181982 »

waabzy

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2008, 08:14:18 AM »
Sorry I should not of said ,"Case"..

Crisp maybe?

« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2008, 08:17:14 AM »
Sorry... I am a little blond today???
What do you mean by, Crisp maybe???

Shwa

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2008, 12:48:08 PM »
You have to either believe that truth is possible or not.

The family, unless there are dire circumstances, will have access to the autopsy result.  By dire, I mean information that may prejudice an on-going case or it may be too offensive.  The police also have access to the autopsy report.  The police are agents of the government that are set up to protect the citizens.  This may include withholding information that is in the best interests of its citizens, including the family of the victim.  As well, any personal information held by the government falls under the Privacy Act and that includes deceased persons for up 20 years or longer.

So whatever is in the autopsy report is protected information and can be released at the discretion of the police or the family.  If there is nothing to gain by releasing information and I was a family member, I would see no reason to release the details.

Brandon's injuries, the preliminary investigation says, are consistent with a fall from a tree.  How do they determine this consistent injury pattern?  They compare if from the data from other known persons who have fallen from trees and sustained similar injuries including death.  There could be an alternative explanation, but since this is science, then the most simple explanation is the likely explanation. (Occam's Razor - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor)

There are several plausible explanations for this type of injury in the circumstances in which Brandon was found.  One very likely scenario is that he climbed a tree at night to escape animals on the ground, fell asleep in the tree and fell out while sleeping.  He would not have had time to protect himself and likely hit the ground square on.  If this happened in the deep of night, apparently the area is pitch dark, so he might have had serious injury, not been able to orient himself to find help and then succumbed before he could get his bearings.  This would not be an unusual thing to happen.

waabzy

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2008, 06:48:14 PM »

What do you mean by, Crisp maybe???
Brandon's surname       was CRISP lol

Syiena

« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2008, 07:31:30 AM »
re: Shwa's last posting - I couldn't have said it better.

waabzy

• View Profile
Re: Brandon Crisp - FAMILY Statement
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2008, 11:44:37 AM »

Crisp family offers thanks
Foundation to be created in Brandon's name
Posted By Canada News Wire
Posted 4 mins ago

Statement from the family of Brandon Crisp"

The story of our son's disappearance and tragic outcome

has touched the hearts

of families throughout our community and across our

country. We are so very proud to have parented such

a wonderful, caring and beautiful son who has touched so

many hearts. We take great comfort in our time of

grief, knowing that his story has and will continue to

have a profound impact on parents and children alike,

Continued After Advertisement Below

Advertisement
Northern Comfort Billboard

that more time will be made by families to share precious

time together. Life and love should never be taken for

granted.To honour Brandon's name we will be creating

a foundation to support under privileged children

throughout our community and across Canada to play minor

sports they may not otherwise be able to afford.

An interim donation account has been set up with the CIBC as

the Brandon Crisp Trust Account, Donations can be made at

any CIBC branch across Canada. The support we have

had from so many has been completely overwhelming and has

made an everlasting impression on our family. We

would now like to give special thanks to the many from

our community and throughout Canada who have touched the

hearts of the Crisp family and helped to relay this story

throughout our great Country.

The community of the City of Barrie, the Barrie Police dept, the Barrie

Advance Newspaper and all of its staff, Family & Friends,

Neighbors, clients, employees & sub contractors of

Basement Concepts, St Joseph's High School, The Catholic

school board, The Sweetzer Family, Roosters Bar & Grill

(Todd & Suzy), Microsoft Canada, Rogers Television,

Metroland Media, Childsave Canada, Childfind Canada, CP24

News, A Channel news, CTV news, CTV National, CBC news,

Global News, City TV, Breakfast Television (Kevin

Frankish), Maclean's Magazine, The Fifth Estate, CBC

Sunday Morning, Annan-Bird Graphics company of

Mississauga, Indy Imaging of Indianapolis, Strategic

Outdoor Advertising of Barrie and Freskiw Farms of

Coldwater.

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1293485&auth=Canada%20News%20Wire

mauvelilac

« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2008, 12:52:47 PM »
By The Canadian Press

BARRIE, Ont. - At least 1,400 mourners have gathered in Barrie, Ont., for the funeral of 15-year-old Brandon Crisp.

The teenager's body was found almost three weeks after he ran away from home following a fight with his parents over his Xbox games.

Letters to Crisp were read on behalf of his family to mourners who packed the church and an overflow room in the city north of Toronto.

In her letter, Samantha Crisp recalled her brother as funny and sarcastic who could "bring a smile to anyone's face."

She wrote that her brother's death "touched so many people's hearts" that she is honoured to call him her brother.

In her letter, Natasha Crisp said "heaven was probably laughing" because of her brother's hilarious accents and impersonations.

She said she found comfort knowing Brandon "was in some VIP section up in heaven where all the beautiful, sweet, smart children go."

Crisp's disappearance prompted an outpouring of support from across Canada and hundreds of volunteers turned out to aid police in the search.

An autopsy concluded he died from injuries suffered after falling from a tree and foul play is not suspected.

His family has set up a foundation in his name to help underprivileged children participate in minor sports.

Crisp's father said his son was a hockey goalie, but it got to a point where the boy was shorter than the other children, so he stopped playing.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/081114/national/missing_teen

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2008, 05:52:55 AM »

Does anyone know what happened to Syiena? I was just going over some threads, and it appears she has gone.

S/HE was/is a good poster, and Syiena. Can you come back? We need good people, and your articles, and links were just that. I liked how you gave your opinions on many of the aspects concerning pieces in the articles. Can you come back, and maybe help in the Emily Stauffer thread?

I can't find much info on the web, and it is frustrating.Would like to hear your ideas, on this unsolved death. Thanks, Adrian :) :)

Syiena

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2008, 08:34:26 AM »
Hi Adrian, Hi Everyone,

I'm back.  I took a little break, to gather my thoughts and all.  I should have said something that I was taking a break, I do apologize for that.

I hope everyone is well.

Adrian: I will start doing some research right now on Emily Stauffer.  I will read the thread first, to make sure I don't post any repetive information, and then will do my best to get as much information I can get my hands on.

I was hoping to have logged on, and see tons of threads that say - case closed, killer caught, sadly that's not the case.  So depressing.

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2008, 11:59:35 AM »

Syiena:
Well hi there! It is good to see you back, I thought we had lost you.We all need to take a breather once in a while, that's for sure.

Thanks for coming back!   :)  Any help is accepted, on the Emily Stauffer thread, and it is not solved. WE have a bunch of ideas, and scenarioes, but not much new information.

PS. Sorry for interrupting this thread.

R.I.P. Brandon Crisp

waabzy

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2008, 03:31:55 PM »
OK why is my stomach in knots when I read or say aloud "Brandon Crisp died because he fell from a tree?"
Something is not right.