Author Topic: Brandon Crisp, October 13th, 2008  (Read 31075 times)

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Re: Brandon Crisp, MISSING, October 13th, 2008
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2008, 08:06:19 AM »
waabsy; that's a good idea - a place under Gereral for dreams we feel we have had due to great concern in these cases.  Actually, I know there is a section  here on dreams, but I haven't done a lot of the reading in that yet.  The only reason I posted the dream was because it was such a turbulent experience to me. I have been having them for years; and when they co-incide with a missing or murdered person/s event, it is most rattling to me - especially when I am someone else in the dream, but I don't know who I am - then I 'm hit "in the Head" so to speak, with an exact similar situation, in many respects - that I wasn't paying particular attention to - or a situation or happening which I wasn't even aware of.  Those who have these dreams know what i'm referring to by this.
Therefore, I suppose the appropriate thing to do would be to copy my posts on Brandon and save them for an appropriate place in a "Dreams" section.

I will delete these posts from this topic.  sorry about that Syiena.  I have noticed that the last few people to join this site, don't appreciate "feelings", "theories", "what-ifs" etc.  and appear to demand facts only.  This site seems to be changing in the last two weeks for sure.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 08:32:47 AM by lostlinganer »

Syiena

« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2008, 08:13:03 AM »
another quote.

"The medical examiners will release information as to the time of death if they can determine it, but details on the body's condition won't be released out of respect to Brandon's family, he said."

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2008, 08:21:24 AM »
Syiena; what I said was:
"All we get through the media, is a press release about the autopsy ... the autopsy is kept secret and even family members would have to almost fight to get it."
This is a "general" statement I'm making - my opinion. 
Have you ever tried to get a copy of any official autopsy on a family member.  It might be easy if it's for an insurance company or something like that (to show cod) ... but even then, authorities want to send it directly to the insurance company.  ..when there's dubious circumstances surrounding a death, the authorities will hold the autopsy results back from you forever if you don't get a lawyer on their backs; or at least, be pretty savy about your family rights.

Maybe I'm off base on this, but it's been my experience more than once.  All we ever get is a statement about the autopsy from media.... regarding most cases.

....and I'm not a "complete idiot"; I do know the authorities and "their autopsy" are not finished deciding everything!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 08:23:20 AM by lostlinganer »

Syiena

« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2008, 08:28:00 AM »
no no no!

Hey Lost,

I'm just taking quotes from newspapers articles, more to keep everyone updated to what's going on, because I realize some members are not from the Ontario region, some may not have access to the updates, so I'm trying to help out with that.

You are entitled to your opinions, and I'm certainly not trying to take that away.   I welcome your theories, and you have certainly made some interesting postings.

I'll say it again, just so you guys know my intentions.

I try to provide updates, and I take quotes from different articles with hope that maybe someone might be able to take that information and learn something new that hasn't been discovered yet.

Syiena

« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2008, 08:28:56 AM »
Also, please don't remove your postings. 

Syiena

« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2008, 08:37:59 AM »
Lost,

Throughout the postings, you will notice that's all I have done.  was post quotes from articles, provide updates etc.

I didn't say anything about the theories, dreams etc.  To be honest, I don't know much about people and their dreams, therefore I don't say anything about that, because of 1) I don't know anything about it, and certainly don't want to step on any toes when I inquire about it.

I have no problems with anyone posting their theories, or talking about their dreams.  I welcome that.

We do have people reading the forums, so yes, it is important to state the hard facts, for maybe, someone who reads these postings, it just might ring a bell, and they may have a clue for the Police.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2008, 08:54:50 AM »
Say no more Syiena;  you've just reminded me of how people come into this site and only want to see "the facts".  ....and being that I want to gain cridibility, not skepticism, I am plotting a new route "sticking to facts".

The only thing I don't like about that, however, is that most people who visit the site are capable of googleing and reading all the press releases on different topics ....what one hopes to find here is "the unusual"  - the scenarios that people come up with based on all they've seen and heard regarding many many cases over time.  This site is also a place where it's not unusual to find postings by people who are directly attached to the topic or victim/s.  This is where you can find all the extra facts .... the incidentals, scenarios, opinions and all that doesn't make it into the media, because it is not "politically correct" and/or because the authorities control the media.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2008, 09:33:34 AM »
Syiena; maybe you can show me... I can't find it myself.
The autopsy report wasn't kept secret.  It was performed on Friday, the results were released to the family friday night and then released to the press/public on Saturday.

Syiena

« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2008, 09:38:28 AM »
well there's no need to start changing what we post etc.

In fact, I encourage you to keep doing what you have been doing.  Maybe you will be able to provide a clue to this tragic day.

Have to keep in mind that some people may not have the time to be searching through the internet for articles, updates.  There's so much involved in the Internet, that I'm still learning about different tools, and I have been using the net for many many years!

Again, there has been no talk or disrespect in this particular posting referring to any dreams, theories as nonsense.  Nothing whatsoever.  

I should point out that it would be worthwhile to have people come up with theories, etc.  Just think, what if someone had a dream, posted it.  People gather to discuss it.  Person A goes, well what do we know about the jacket, Person B goes and posts a quote from the news about that jacket.  Person A uses that quote, and continues on with the discussion of the dream.

Syiena

« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2008, 09:39:08 AM »
sure Lost.

I will go and find the article. Give me a sec :)

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2008, 09:50:15 AM »
the map:

Syiena

« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2008, 09:51:48 AM »
I haven't found the article that I read it from.

But here's another article that said the results were released to the family Friday night.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20081108/crisp_autopsy_081107/20081108/?site_codename=toronto

Another different article

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20081106/crisp_body_081107/20081107/?site_codename=toronto

I can't find the original article that I read on the weekend, I have it bookmarked at home, not at work.

Hopefully this helps. Lost if you need me to pull it up, I will tonight :)

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2008, 09:56:11 AM »
Syiena; to upload a pic, just click on (+Additional Options) on the lower left hand side of the reply box
Sometimes you can actually copy/paste a pic - depending on where you get it from, but best way is as above - because it takes up less space in the topic thread.

PS - this means, however, that you would have to copy and save - scan and save the said pic on your pc first.  ...then when you hit Additional Options, you just browse to find it.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 09:58:33 AM by lostlinganer »

Shwa

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2008, 01:58:34 PM »
Appropos article from CityTV (http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_28977.aspx)

Questions In Brandon Crisp Case May Never Be Fully Answered

Monday November 10, 2008
CityNews.ca Staff

There are still so many unanswered questions that hang over the death of Brandon Crisp. And his parents are preparing to lay him to rest knowing some may never be fully answered.

Dental records confirmed late Friday that the body found by hunters in a cornfield in Oro-Medonte on Wednesday was the missing 15-year-old. He'd stomped out of his Barrie home on Thanksgiving Day after his mom and dad took away his Xbox, fearing he'd become addicted to the video game "Call of Duty 4."

On Saturday, they finally received some of the answers so many had been seeking. An autopsy showed their son died not from hypothermia, as had been suspected, but instead in a fall, likely from a tree.

Several trees, now barren of leaves, stand in the spot where Brandon's body was recovered, with forensic evidence showing he suffered injuries to his chest.

But while one answer has finally been revealed, the rest remain shrouded in mystery. Among them:

-How long after the teenager left home on October 13th did he meet his fatal accident?

-If the fall was recent, where had he been all that time?

-Why didn't searchers, who had looked in that area, find him before the accidental discovery last week?

-And what was Brandon doing in a tree? Speculation ranges from trying to get his bearings to possibly sleeping off the ground, but the truth may never be known.

Forensics experts are still hunting for clues, even as the community prepares to say a tear-filled farewell to the teen. "They are still at the scene trying to piece together the hours leading up to his death," Barrie Police Sgt. Dave Goodbrand confirmed on Saturday. "We're assisting them in trying to build a timeline and determine exactly why he was where he was."

Brandon was the subject of intensive searches by police and volunteers during his three-week absence. Fears that he may have been abducted by someone he met online were resolved with his final tragic recovery, but it still doesn't explain where he went after a witness spotted him walking away from his damaged bike the day he disappeared.

A vigil for the teen is going to be held Monday night at a park not far from his home.

His parents, who were very public during the hunt, exhorting anyone with information to call them, have been in seclusion since the terrible discovery. They plan to make a public statement on Wednesday, likely to thank all those who tried to help find their child.

Visitation for Brandon Crisp will be held Thursday from 2pm-4pm and again at 7pm-9pm at the Worsley Street Chapel of the Steckley-Gooderham Funeral Home in Barrie.

The public funeral, which is expected to have a huge turnout, is scheduled for Friday at St. Mary's Church at 10am.

Syiena

« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2008, 03:26:42 PM »
Hey Newbie!

There was a bunch of articles posted in this thread.  In fact, Lost has kindly posted the map a few postings ago.  This will give you an idea of where the search took place, and you will see where the body was found.

I'm sure there were people randomly searching for Brandon, throughout the three weeks.  Same goes for the Police.

However, one weekend a little while ago (a couple of weekends ago?) sorry, I can't remember the date, I've been a bit scatterbrained due to the flu I've had for the last week!   We had hundreds of searchers for Fri, Sat and Sun.  It lasted from morning to after supper.  It was an organized search, and everyone was assigned to different areas of the search region.   I could be wrong, but the map that I was talking about before, I believe that was the radius.

Anything you want to ask Newbie, hopefully we can answer it.  If you have any theories, any new information, please let us know.  It's a horrible tragedy, and we just can't make sense of what happened.

Regarding the ropes on his hands, this is just speculation.  However, I would be interested as well to find out how this quote came about, what made you think of this?