Author Topic: Brandon Crisp, October 13th, 2008  (Read 30809 times)

mauvelilac

Re: Brandon Crisp, MISSING, October 13th, 2008
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2008, 05:30:07 PM »
This is just way too distressing. The facebook group I joined "where is Brandon Crisp" has been removed due to the disgusting comments people have been leaving on it.  I left a personal note of sympathy  on the site when I learned of the tragedy and I read Sy's link and I think it said within a half an hour they had over 100 messages of sympathy. I can't see why people would need to write hateful things at this time, I'm sure the parents already feel guilty enough. The way I see it children don't come with a How To Manual, you do the best you can to discipline them and leave the rest with the Creator. This is just a terrible, terrible tragedy.

Syiena

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2008, 05:37:06 PM »
ugh Mauv, are you serious?

What kind of a world do we live in, this is a sad sad tragedy, oh this just makes me so frustrated and angry that people would go and make disgusting comments, and now they shut down a facebook group that helped brought everyone together to mourn the lost of Brandon. 

I should add that before Brandon was found, someone created a fake facebook profile, and used Brandon's picture (the one that was used in the search), and started to make postings such as: Stop looking for me, you will never find me"

Obviously everyone's reaction was, tell this person where to go, and how this is such an awful thing for him to do.  but you know what, it's a waste of breath, because he didn't see it as a bad thing, he saw it as a funny thing. We reported this person, and hopefully the Police were able to get an IP address and track this person down.

I wonder how he feels now, that Brandon was found dead.  I hope he feels awful!!!!!!!!

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2008, 05:47:19 PM »
So sorry to hear of Brandon's death, my condolences and prayers to his parents and friends. It is so sad that this has happened and how quickly things can end in tragedy.  Brandon went missing at a time when the weather was pretty cold and it is possible he died of being out in the cold and not being dressed properly and became disoriented.  As Mauve indicated, he possibly died of hypothermia. Prayers once again to family and friends of Brandon Crisp.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

mauvelilac

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2008, 07:11:44 PM »
No, this isn't the fake one Sy, it was the one set up when he first went missing. Had something like 22,000  members or thereabouts. To me it couldn't have been closed down at a worse time when his friends and school mates needed to vent their love and prayers.

Syiena

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2008, 07:47:26 PM »
Sorry I was mentioning another thing that had happened, and someone did that particular incident in the group that was made on facebook (the 22,000) that you speak of.  I wasn't all that clear, oops sorry.

It happened like a week and a half ago, and in that group, someone with a fake profile and a picture of Brandon was going around making posts, making reference that he's Brandon.

waabzy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2008, 07:30:07 AM »
disgusting sickos started a brandon crisp group on facebook. it is horrible and I pray his family does not come across it before fb takes it down. I called Barrie police today to report it and get this.... they cant do anything about it they say. pfffft

Syiena

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2008, 07:37:45 AM »
It's been taken down already.

There's a bit of confusion here.

There was a group created when Brandon went missing.  It was a very popular group, like Mauv said 22,000 people or so.  It allowed people to get together and write msgs to the family and friends.

Unfortunately, when Brandon was found deceased yesterday, some people started to write awful comments, and then the group was taken down (I don't know who did it) but the group was removed.

If there's something you want to report and it's on facebook, I would suggest that you contact the facebook creators or admin, there's an option that says report user, or something.  As well, contact the admins of the group, and they can either delete the postings, or remove the group period.  The police won't be able to do anything.

I should let you know, that there's another group that has been created, called in memory of Brandon Crisp, which I will be joining in a second.

Syiena

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2008, 07:41:24 AM »
The group I just joined called in memory of Brandon crisp, the admins of it were smart.  They have set it up so wall postings cannot be made, including new threads.

Atleast the family can see how many people have been brought together and that we are all mourning the loss of Brandon.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2008, 04:23:56 AM »
I'm very sorry about this poor childs death. There is something weird about this case, I know they said no foul play involved, but I have a weird feeling for some reason.

mauvelilac

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2008, 09:55:22 AM »
You know Chris..funny you should say that. I was just thinking when I got up this morning, "why are they doing an autopsy, the elements probably killed that poor boy," Then the thought struck me, for some reason that the father could be lying. I thought, "why on earth would you think that?" But you know, it wouldn't be the first time a parent got carried away on the punishment aspect. Weird...just plain weird.

Shwa

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2008, 12:15:10 PM »
They do autopsy's to determine cause of death when the death occurred 'out of bounds' meaning unusual and yes suspicious.  The sad fact is, Brandon could have died from the elements, but he also could have died of a drug overdose, a beating or some other unusual circumstance.  The autopsy will clear the light on it.

I believe he passed away due to exposure.  Many people do not realize how amoral and unforgiving Mother Nature can be if one is not prepared or informed.  I have drifted in a canoe on a sunny spring afternoon in the middle of breath taking beauty all the while realizing that the means to my end was merely 12 inches to either side of me and it would only take 15 seconds in the water that the ice had come out of the day before.  The saving grace, if there is any, is that I have heard that exposure, typically of the sedentary victim (one who is not moving much) is that it comes upon one like sleep.  As bad as this may sound to smoe, I hope this was the case for Brandon, that he just fell asleep.

mauvelilac

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2008, 03:37:34 PM »
Shwa: That was a rhetoricial question to myself. I know why they do autopsies and I also know what hypothermia does to you because I was a nurse for fifteen years. It was just funny (not as in ha-ha) why that crossed my mind this morning just out of the blue.
I also wish Brandon had just fallen asleep, but something tells me there is more to this than meets the eye.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2008, 03:58:53 PM »
I believe that Brandon was found not too far from where his bike was found. That's a curiosity to me, as I thought that area had already been searched. I wonder how they missed his body (if it was there) the first time. I also heard that his bike was damaged, so I wonder how that happened. It also does not make much sense to me that if you're bike got damaged somehow you would just stay there with it.

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2008, 04:40:03 PM »

I am trying to find out more information on Brandon Crisp. I wonder , when the autopsy is done, if they will have some sort of time lines. For sure, hopefully, they will know when he died. What were the conditions. There were some snappy cold days, I remember reading.

I also want to know who he stayed with before he was found. Did he camp out at friends houses?The parents totally un aware? HUH? You say! Well, I had a boy in my house for 2 days, hiding in the furnace room. I had 4 teens, and they had a lot of friends, but was I pissed.!

Debbie, do you know how bad his bike was damaged? Like was it hit, or what?I know they found his Hoody first, leaving the boy with just a t shirt. If he was with friends, they would have given him clothes. So it is possible, he went elsewhere, and holed up for a while, then left. I hope all houses in the area are searched thoroughly.

As Shwa says, the autopsy will shed some light.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2008, 04:57:25 PM »
I haven't heard anything more about the bike since the initial report. I even wondered how far away from his bike his body was. Could he have fallen somehow, or did he get accosted along that path by someone who killed him and left him in the bush? It will be interesting to see how long he was deceased.