Author Topic: Brandon Crisp, October 13th, 2008  (Read 30702 times)

Syiena

Re: Brandon Crisp, MISSING, October 13th, 2008
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2008, 09:03:12 AM »
Hi Haunted,

I agree with you.  I used to live in the country, and my bike was my method of transportation (aside from my parents taking me to places etc), but if I wanted to take off for a bit etc, my bike was the way to go.

According to the witness who saw Brandon last, she said that Brandon was having difficulty with his bike.  Could that be the reason why the bike was abandoned?  If he was not able to ride the bike, it would have been more of a hassle for Brandon to keep the bike with him, so perhaps he ditched it.

I will be tuning into AMW tonight.  Brandon's on the website now.

haunted

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2008, 09:05:02 AM »
Fantastic. I will be watching tonight as well. My thoughts are with Brandon, praying that whereever he is, he is safe and with his family. I cannot imagine how his family must be feeling right now.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 09:20:58 AM by haunted »

Syiena

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 01:50:00 PM »
well, it wasn't on AMW on Saturday night, but Brandon's profile is on amw.com now.

There's been an update.

They found Brandon's hoodie, and we now have a second person who saw Brandon the day he disappeared.

It sounds more and more like Brandon's hiding somewhere in the area.

Syiena

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 11:51:28 AM »
Bad news:

Unfortunately, I just got word from my brother (he's watching the news) that they found Brandon Crisp, he was found dead on a trail near Barrie.

That's all the information I have so far.  Once they update the news sites, I will post more info.

I am so sad, and I feel so bad that this was a bad ending.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 11:54:44 AM »
That's very sad news Syiena. I thought this one still had a chance at a good outcome. I wonder what happened to him?

Syiena

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 12:00:41 PM »
I'm patiently waiting for a news site to post it on their website, likely in a few minutes it will be.

This was breaking news on CP24 so I imagine it's currently being written on the sites.

I wonder too Debbie.  We did have a few days of rotten cold weather, including a snowstorm near Barrie.  They did find his sweatshirt earlier on in the week, so he was just wearing a t-shirt, with the cold weather, I wonder if it was related to that.

So sad.

Syiena

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008, 12:11:34 PM »
http://www.680news.com/news/national/more.jsp?content=n110583A

finally, I found a website that has updated news.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 12:12:29 PM »
RIP Brandon; we had prayed for your return.  It seems God has plans for you.  I hope everybody, here, will talk of this with their families and acquaintences for a long, long time to come.... reminding families of their bonds and how fragile things can get all of a sudden.  Please let us remember Brandon and his loved ones - always in our hearts - so that this will not have been in vain.  
I am thinking of the heartache and feelings of loss on behalf of all the hundreds of dedicated searchers - their efforts, their trials, their prayers and that of their families as well.  Everybody giving their all, searching, those praying and watching from home (because they couldn't be at the front) all those Brandon's age who had to be feeling certain that this boy would just surface on his own;  and renew their young naive beliefs of invincible teens..... please don't let this adventurous boy have "gone down" invain....let it be his sacrifice that you will realize that your youth doesn't make you totally right, totally invincible.  ...your family does that.. at least, they try their best.  The rest is up to you.

Shwa

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 12:14:43 PM »
CP24 is reporting now and will go live to the press conference by Barrie Police in a few moments.  It appears that they are about to tell Brandon's school in an assembly this afternoon.  The Star is reportng that his body may have been found where is bike was originaly found which would mean something else about any search they had done...

Very sad.   :(

Syiena

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2008, 12:20:12 PM »
Hey Shwa,

Unfortunately our office doesn't have a tv (lol).  Would you mind giving us an update when you watch the press conference?

Much appreciated.

Syiena

xxnine_inch_nailsxx

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2008, 01:11:27 PM »
"At this point we believe it to be Brandon, and we're still obviously in the early stages of our investigation," Sgt. Dave Goodbrand of the Barrie police said Wednesday. "It's not confirmed because nothing's confirmed until we have pathology, but we believe it to be Brandon."

The news came Wednesday. The 15-year-old had stormed out of his parents' home on Oct. 13 in a tiff over his obsession with an online video game.

On Oct. 19, police started searching for the teen in an area just northeast of Barrie, focusing on the Hickling trail that runs along the north shore of Lake Simcoe's Kempenfelt Bay. At one point, a helicopter searched from the air, a police boat patrolled the shoreline and officers accompanied by dogs checked the woods and fields in the rural area.

From Oct. 24-26, volunteers searched an area outside the police grid.

Police ended their ground search on Oct. 28, but the search resumed again last Saturday, canvassing motorists and others for information.

This work uncovered a new witness who placed Brandon's location further east than originally thought.

When Brandon left home, he didn't have a cellphone, wallet or bank card with him. Police said he had little more than the clothes on his back.

Steve and Angelika Crisp, Brandon's parents, feared their son may have been grabbed by some online predator he may have met while playing "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare."

Goodbrand said investigators have spoken with the Crisps.

"They're obviously distraught by the information," he said.

With files from The Canadian Press

Syiena

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2008, 01:27:27 PM »
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/531082

The body of Brandon Crisp, the 15-year-old Barrie boy who fought with his parents over video games, has been found.

Police said early this afternoon that hunters found the body near the Fourth Line in Oro-Medonte Township northeast of Barrie.

The teen was last seen Oct. 13 after he ran away from home when his parents took away his Xbox console because of what they said was his addiction to the online game ?Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

?Sgt. Dave Goodbrand of Barrie Police said this afternoon that police have to work with the OPP and medical examiners before they can officially confirm that the body found is Brandon's.

However, students at Brandon's school, St. Joseph's High School in Barrie, were told the sad news at a special assembly this afternoon.

Many were in tears as they left the school.

Goodbrand also said that Brandon's parents had been notified. ?They?re obviously distraught by the information,? he said.

mauvelilac

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2008, 02:27:55 PM »
Sweet Jesus, this is not the ending we hoped for. An innocent act like rebelling and running away and the life of a promising young man is taken. My prayers and sympathies go out to Brandon's friends, family and loved ones. They have some measure of peace in knowing he has been found. I would imagine in all likelihood he succumbed to hypothermia. Not a pleasant way to go for a young, scared boy.

Syiena

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 05:07:57 PM »
the latest

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/531082

The police do not suspect foul play.

I think Mauv hit the nail on this one, likely hypothermia.  It was pretty cold during one of the week he disappeared, including snowstorms. 

RIP Brandon.