Author Topic: Cindy Laura Halliday - April 20, 1992 - Age 17 - Murdered - Waverly  (Read 72198 times)

Jessica-

• The truth will come to light; murder cannot be hid
    • View Profile
Re: Cindy Laura Halliday - April 20, 1992 - Age 17 - Murdered - Waverly
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2011, 06:01:09 PM »
Does anyone think the unidentified female found in Clarington (2006) could be pat of this?
The unidentified was murdered from 1979-2005? But clothing dates the victim to mid 80's mid 90's.
- Female Victim
- 18-30 years old.
- Left in a wooded area
- Clothing and personal items found at the scene (maybe they could have been neatly placed but over time were scattered)
- Found most likely a way's from her home (ring states it was bought in South Oshawa)
- Murder "probably" took place around 85-96 (only what the clothing indicates,)
- Dumped near a highway

Just a thought  ???
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 06:04:41 PM by Jessica- »

MissB

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2011, 10:21:22 AM »
I currently live only 5 minutes from where Cindy was last seen (Hasty Market Store (now Macs) in Midhurst), and drive through the area often, as well as down the road where her remains were discovered. There are quite a few farms along that road, and it is common that murderers usually stick to areas they are confortable with, or live in. Every time I drive past the site of her remains, I shudder & wish there was more I could do to help. Something about that road where she was found, makes me think the killer lived there, and possibly still does. I just get a real creeped out feeling on that road, and I think there was something missed there. I think that the Police should refer to residence records from that area, at that time, and cross-reference them to see if any had a car registered to them, similar to the one in the reports. It would be easy enough to park their car in the barn while the Police were doing their door-to-door canvassing, if that was even done!! This process may not have been as easy to do back then, and I think it should be looked at again. Heck, id be willing to go thru the archives myself, for them, just to offer a hand. Poor Cindy needs justice & her family needs closure....... RIP Cindy!!

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2011, 12:55:44 PM »
I would help you go through the archives too, MissB!     I totally agree with the synopsis that most killers stick to the area they are comfortable with.   And, like you say the Cops could easily have missed clues back then.

I watch a fair bit of old crime shows.....and it is amazing how many 'neighbours' say that the Cops didn't even come to their house to question them....I thought that was Police Work 101...

Mom

• I will always protect my child.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2012, 06:10:41 AM »
Family, friends remember Cindy Halliday

OPP still pursuing 20-year-old case
www.opp.ca

http://www.simcoe.com/news/news/article/1338313

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2012, 09:12:14 PM »
My heart goes out to Cindy's family.... I know their pain.

As far as investigators go, I applaud Bill Rankin. ... because usually these cases "dead end"  due to investigators being stonewalled by other departments.  With such a hugh reward, it's surprising that nobody came forward, because there is hardly a killer/rapist that doesn't brag.    I do tend to find myself leaning toward satanic cults in some of these cases.  They were "peaking" in the last 80's and early 90's ... especially connected to "acid rock' etc.  I personally always wondered if that is not where Bernardo got his taste buds tempted.  Then came the hard rock/acid rock generation.  More than one acid rock fan was known to be connected to little cults that gradually broke up as the members grew up - as though they weren't serious about what they were doing, but only engaged in it when they were "high" because their "drug source" /"supplier" might be the one really into the satanic cult.

Don't give up Mr. Rankin... the answer is a whisper away imo.... if you can just find that weak link in the chain of "silent" but "knowing" partakers back then.  There are way too many disappearances associated during the "years of drug/cult activity"  combined with the "cusp" near Easter ....and Ontario had more than it's fair share.

redbeard

• Author of Cold North Killers, coming March 3, 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2012, 10:22:25 AM »
Bernardo was about as square as they come.  He was a drinker, clean cut, listened to motivational tapes and Vanilla Ice.  There is no evidence that he was involved in drug abuse or listened to heavy music.

Im_new_here2

« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2013, 05:35:49 PM »
someone needs to contact the police about this 81 year old pervert that has just been released but was charged with seeing a girl walking down a country road in new lowell and he pulls over and grabs her puts her in his car now charged with sexuall assault and not his first one .you dont start at 81 thats for dam sure ..i will find his name and come back

Im_new_here2

« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2013, 05:43:09 PM »
According to police, a woman in her early 20s was walking on Hogback Road near New Lowell when a man driving a silver car pulled up behind her and forced her into the vehicle around 12:30 p.m.

His name is ..... Harold G Dean and he is 81yrs old   and like i said you do not start this kinda behavior at age 81 and they sound earily fammilliar in the ways he picks them up and even easier if thier hitch hiking.......

Ohh by the way not sure if you heard but they solved a 20plus year old homocide today in hanover ont...NEVER Loose hope ..

SAP

« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2013, 07:19:55 PM »
That man has done this alot and he keeps evading jail. What is with the authorities who keep giving him a pass? The Net seems to have been scrubbed clean but there was info out on him that when he appears before a magistrate he stumbles and acts weak and they must take pity on him. It was last year he was operating around Barrie and the girl was able to escape.

Im_new_here2

« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2013, 04:09:26 PM »
Another case that really bothers me . anyone have any info here theres no dought that this guy is 100 percent a predator and seriel killer . You don`t just pick up a hitch hiker and decide hey what the heck i midas well rape and kill you today no no this guy seen cindy laura Halliday hitch hiking a young pretty teenage girl and he acted on his desires . It`s my thinking that he was out looking for just that a pretty hitchhiker that he could pick up and do what he has done before and thats why this guy needs to be found you dont just stop committing these kind of crimes god knows how many were before cindy and after .We need people that were around at that time maybe had a hitch hiking experience a bad one any thing who knows how old he was when he did this he could still be operating right now ...

Im_new_here2

« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2014, 09:00:42 AM »
just wondering if David Snow was ever looked into....?

SAP

« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2014, 12:43:21 PM »
Have just been reading over page 1 of this thread and what makes me wonder is the mention that the perp supposedly washed Cindy's jacket and returned it to the crime scene. At a time when testing for DNA  was not as it is now ... who would have known that DNA sciences were evolving and knew enough to remove their prints or blood from a jacket? Perhaps police were looking at the wrong type of person (eg: men from the pool hall) in this case? Perhaps the perp was scholared, or could have also been in some police force?

Doesn't it sound as though he would have been taunting police and the family by taking that jacket and washing it and then returning it to the crime scene?  Having left the jacket and wallet near a roadway while the body was further away and hidden ... testing and taunting?

George Fayne

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2018, 02:10:18 PM »
I realize that these incidents are decades apart, but I'm struck by the similarities between Cindy's death and the murders of Jackie English, Lynda White, Soroya O'Connell in London in the 1960s and 1970s.  I'm also reminded of the 1966 murder of Georgia Jackson in Aylmer.

The main similarity that grabs my attention is the scattering of clothing and other articles belonging to the victim. Prior to the discovery of Georgia Jackson's body, her scarf and coat were discovered along a nearby highway and a county road, respectively, outside of the town of Aylmer.  Jackie English's bra, underwear and shoes were similarly scattered (though in this case after the discovery of her body).  Prior to the discovery of Lynda White's body in 1973, a Bayham township farmer discovered a bundle containing her clothing.  The bundle was located about 25 miles away from where her body was eventually located. 

There are other more general similarities:  the victims were all women in their teens, early 20s.  All walking home.  All of their remains were located in rural areas, close to secondary highways and/or railway tracks.  All accepted (or were forced to accept) a ride.  I hate to bring up this uncomfortable fact, but, there's evidence of dismemberment in most of these cases.  Another commenter in this thread raised the possibility of refrigeration or some sort of post mortem preservation.  Though Cindy disappeared two months prior to her discovery, her remains suggest that she was either kept alive for a period of time or that the killer may have preserved her remains.  The possibility of post-mortem preservation is something that Michael Arntfield has brought up (or at least hinted at) in connection with some of these London murders (esp. Jackie English, Lynda White and Soroya O'Connell).  See Arntfield's book: Murder City, which is my main source here.  Again, apologies for "going there"-- this stuff is very disturbing.

Arntfield believes that English, White, and O'Connell were killed by the same person.  He also suggests that the person is "out there" and has probably continued to murder.  Is Cindy is another victim?

I'll add that the Simcoe OPP has created a series of videos about Cindy.  They provide good details about the case and they also do a good job of reminding us that Cindy was more than just a victim of some awful predator.

https://youtu.be/QDS2GWMF6kw

https://youtu.be/ob_wa3bTn0k

https://youtu.be/U6icLbdEiHI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzQN0re9nfo

« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 02:28:53 PM by George Fayne »