Author Topic: Cindy Laura Halliday - April 20, 1992 - Age 17 - Murdered - Waverly  (Read 75504 times)

Crackers

• View Profile
Re: Cindy Laura Halliday - April 20, 1992 - Age 17 - Murdered - Waverly
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2010, 07:05:29 PM »
Also, David snow used to hang out at pool halls, I believe he used to work at one as well, and she was seen at a pool hall...
And at thanksgiving nobody would notice wounds on snow because he was a loner... There was nobody to notice

Sleuth

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2010, 10:30:55 PM »
Welcome Crackers! There is comments on Snow under this link. I believe one of our regular posters actually saw this sicko when he was in BC, if I remember correctly it was in a restaurant. Snow is under this link with a video showing where he lived, how he was caught,(in Ontario) by one of his employees matching the way he writes.
Here is the link

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php/topic,765.0.html

Crackers

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2010, 12:51:30 AM »
Thank you. But could you not see him as the potential
murderer? The facts add up?

Sleuth

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2010, 01:06:56 AM »
Somehow I can't see him as the murderer. Are you able to put your facts down Crackers?

Crackers

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2010, 01:16:46 AM »
I posted some a couple spaces above

Sleuth

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2010, 01:26:55 AM »
Thanks Crackers, but I mean a time line et al.

Im_new_here2

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2010, 11:25:16 PM »
I can't say one way or the other i do know the name though it sounds familliar. Who ever did this I think Is a seriel killer for the simple fact that when they found her and they made up thier grid to search they got everything i mean this is a logging road and litterally in the bushes and they found her brocken bracelet or necklace so thats pretty good so what gets me is the very next day as a police officer was coming up on the scene he came across her jacket that looked to have been washed and cleaned he or she i guess most likley he simply placed it on the ground inside the grid. to me that is something only a seriel killer would do ,,from all i have learned and watched on tv and the internet its in thier nature to leave something behind or to call the police or write them they want the attention of taunting the police and leaving the jacket where the police new they had searched just the day before he new they would find it and know he had come back to the scene... again  this is all just my oppinion.

Sleuth

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2010, 01:17:05 AM »
That's interesting Im_new_here_2. Thanks for posting that. Which means he lives nearby or in the area. Inside the grid huh. He must have been keeping his ear to the ground, and listening to the 'over the counter gossip' while he was drinking his coffee. I wonder what time the Officer arrived to the scene the next day? Which means the jacket was placed there after everyone left but before any other Officers arrived. I'll take a stab at the time the jacket reappeared would have to be in the wee hours of the morning. Either after 3:00 AM and before 5:00 AM I'm wondering if the person put it there on his way to work? That takes a lot of gut's to do that. I wonder if remorse was setting in? The jacket was left in his car or home? He washed it, to get rid of evidence, (would a man wash a jacket and not just toss it?) and then placed it back at the scene of the crime. Washing an article of clothing sounds more like a woman than a man. Would a man think of that?   

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2010, 05:13:44 AM »
Another possibility is Cindy was taken somewhere else first and her coat was left behind when she was taken to where she was found.  A coat is an odd item for a killer to take from a murder scene or keep as a memento - large, bulky and easily identified.

Washing the coat is unlikely to have been plan A - a trip to an all night laundromat when the search got underway would have occurred to someone wanting to taunt police.  If the coat was in fact placed there after a search - I tend to believe the cops on that one since it had been washed first - the killer clearly knew a search was being conducted where he had left her.

Im_new_here2

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2010, 01:03:44 PM »
I understand what your saying woodland but that doesn't work there are at least a handfull of officers that swear that spot was searched and like you said u wouldn't miss a big bulky coat , clearly these police officers didn't miss it it was on the road next to the crime scene it self  in the crime scene grid that they comb for evidence they found her watch in the middle of bushes so im sure they would have seen a jacket .Also the reason i say it was washed is the jacket was perfectlly dry it rained all night that night so how could it show up looking brawn new and dry ..the jacket wasn't in a different area as in a mile or a killomitere but at the entrance of where the logging road turned off of a highway it just wasn;t there the first day and the next day it appears dry and looking brawn new .theres no dought it was placed the police swore to that they swore that the spot was searched .and u just wouldnt miss this jacket let alone why was it drywhen if it was there all night it had rained all night non stop...last thing i agree like why would he do that i mean a jacket but its just a form taunting i mean what do u think the police were thinking about the green river victom where he placed a rock and a rainbow trout on her body thats an odd thing to taunt the police with alot more then a jacket i think anyway..J,M,O.

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2010, 11:07:33 AM »
Went back and read what I could find on Cindy's disappearance and the discovery of her remans.

The time line listed earlier in this thread is accurate.

I would like to add though, the release of 2 reports by the police in January and May 1994.  One was a year long study by an entomologist, concluding that the remains had only been at the location they were found for 1 month, leaving the possibility that she had been alive for 1 month following her disappearance or had been kept somewhere cold - like a freezer.

The other was a year long study on the brain matter found with her remains indicating that she had only been deceased for 1 month, not the 2 months she was missing.  This is gut wrenching to me.

Cindy's shoes were found near her remains placed neatly side by side as was the case when 19 year-old Jenny Isford was found murdered in May 1982 in the Toronto area.

Another similarity is that a man's neatly folded coat was found with Lynda Shaw's remains, just like Cindy's coat was found clean and neatly folded - although brazenly placed there after a search of the area.

The police have said all along they believe Cindy's killer has killed before.

MissB

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2010, 07:53:29 PM »
Ever since this Military Guy got arrested for these Cindy's case, but they are saying this man was all over the country for how ever many years, who knows right? I wonder if there are any similarities, thats all. Just posing the question to the people who would know more about it. :) What do u think? Any insight on this would be great. Thank you.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2010, 08:39:17 PM »
I think there is many similarities such as:  Base Borden(Air Force Base) is in the vicinity..the coat was cleaned, the shoes neatly arranged,( perhaps someone who is clean and regimented?) the car, someone mentioned, looked like a cop car, but a civilian car,(perhaps a military car?) the only thing I'm not sure on is the date, as the Col was in Manitoba and Nova Scotia...unless he had time here in Ontario that year...and from what I gather, the Col has asphixiated these two recent victims..and poor Cindy Halliday was stabbed.  A few people on here have commented it's like Bernardo...well the news is that Col.Williams graduated U of T in Scarborough with Bernardo...so...It does make you wonder if there is any connection with Williams and Cindy Halliday....

Im_new_here2

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2010, 11:46:34 PM »
i dont think this case involves the millitary guy but there is one that i think fits in very well thats penny warne who lives just 20 minutes from baseborden which iam sure williams was back n fourth from base borden to trenton all the time.

MissB

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2010, 02:04:07 PM »
Well, I could agree with either. Even though the manner in which these recent victims died is different, doesnt necessarily mean its not the same killer. They are known to "perfect" their crimes over the years. Who knows, as sick as their minds are, he may have decided asphyxiating them was cleaner n quicker than stabbing. It sounds brutal, but its true. I just joined here, so Im just wondering, do Police and Investigators check out sites like this for clues or ideas? I would imagine they do, but thought I would ask anyway. :)