Author Topic: Cindy Laura Halliday - April 20, 1992 - Age 17 - Murdered - Waverly  (Read 75500 times)

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: Cindy Laura Halliday - April 20, 1992 - Age 17 - Murdered - Waverly
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 09:43:00 PM »
Great information provided on this case.The picture of the car surely should jog someone's memory, especially if they can think back to Easter in '92. Someone is going to remember certainly having a car like that and if someone at home was driving it, a son, father or uncle that may have used the car. They also should be able to remember if someone was acting oddly and possibly didn't eat too much turkey dinner or supper on that day, used the premise that they weren't feeling that good or such. You've indicated that it already has been done on a program earlier in that area. It should be done as much as possible. I am willing to be that this will be solved even after all this time. Good luck and this kind of information that is available is great.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 06:17:54 PM »
Well I was one of the 400 people the police talked to about Cindy....
I told them a man I was seeing came home late for dinner and was acting strange and had blood on his pants etc;
My Son remembers that day well but my son just passed away in December...
What can I say...I think the police should look into this man again...
It's been 15 years and I can't remember much but this man left to go live miles away shortly after he knew the police were asking about him...
I truly hope that they find out who killed her...

« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 06:07:28 AM by 19181982 »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 07:37:45 PM »
That is certainly a vital piece of information related to Cindy's murder. This would be just what they would be interested in and should even after all this time investigate it. They probably still have DNA samples on file and could find out if he was the person who committed this crime. Information could be given to the police and you wouldn't even have to divulge your true identity if you were afraid of him. Is he still living in the same place or do you know. It might be wise to speak to police about this and indicate where he is living. Good luck on this. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 11:25:18 PM »
Very sorry about your son.

It would not at all suprise me if the police know who did it and are just short on proof. Yes, with what you saw, that is definetly a POI.

There is always a chance after these years, someone will come forward with the final piece of evidience that puts him away for good.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 05:52:17 PM »
19181982, I am so very sorry that you lost your son and forgot to mention that to you. Chris, said condolences and it brought it to my mind. I do believe this information would be of great interest if you could get the police to act on it.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2008, 10:52:44 AM »
 >:( :(Well i talked to the police more then once...
they even came to my place about a year after, they questioned me... I believe it was a year later... with a big mug shot of my ex boyfriend...That's the Barrie Police for you, sorry but I don't have alot of faith in them... sorry...but that is the way I feel...They have all the info so I feel I would just be wasting time...Trust me I tried to get them to listen to me back then... I was afraid for my life etc;I really feel for Cindy's Mother...She needs closure...So sad :'( :'(

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2008, 12:44:07 PM »
Have you given a copy of your information to Cindy's mother??She would follow this up for sure. I know that you would be afraid for your life, because this person is possibly the guilty one. Why are these police so laid back on this. Maybe if a segment was done on W-5 or something with new information to the public. This is pathetic that this crime was not solved. This lunatic could be still at work murderin women. Usually if they get away with it once, they aren't going to quit. I agree, they certainly don't sound like earning their pay. How can the police feel pride in their job if they overlooked this evidence. Maybe one of the veteran officers, one of the older men might be better at it then the younger ones. So sad for Cindy's mother. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

mauvelilac

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2008, 10:37:47 AM »
It's hard to beleive that one day you go out and maybe rape deffenintly torture and brutally stab a girl to death and then then the next day or day after im not precice on the time line but being able to sit down presumeably with mom dad grandma gramma sis maybe a wife and kids and using a kinfe carve a turkey its tottally unthinkable to me and it makes me wonder was this his first sorry or her first time doing this

The first two sentences of I'm New's post on January 25, 2008 put me in mind of Paul Bernardo (Teale). He did the very same thing with Kristen French, sat down to Easter dinner with Karla's family the year he kidnapped Kristen. The year he kidnapped Leslie, he was also having Sunday dinner with Karla's family. Strange coincidence but I seem to remember  reading in the book after Kristen was murdered he disappeared for 4 days and Karla assumed he was making a cigarette run to the States. What if he wasn't? He could have rented or borrowed a car or stole one for that matter. And one of I'm new's posts says he was seen in the area around the time Cindy disappeared. She was the age group he liked, dark hair, seemed very spirited like Kristen.
Anyway, I think what triggered me now was Brandon's story.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 10:40:53 AM by mauvelilac »

theanna

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2009, 01:16:14 PM »
with the whole berdardo comment, i think were stretching to put blame on someone... way to far out of his way, and i am sure he would have confessed if asked by now... becuase really what does he have to loose?

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2009, 10:51:54 PM »
Good point.. but I think he stlil does not take responsiblity for his actions and likes to think it is not his fault.

HotStuff

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2009, 11:53:52 PM »
Is there anyone on here with the info of the police that someone should contact if they think they might have some info about this case?

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2009, 12:14:17 AM »
Yes. Please check your private messages. I can put you in touch with someone for sure.

Shwa

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2009, 08:01:58 AM »
Good one Desespere!

While I was reading through the Lynda Shwa post - she was murdered on Easter Sunday, two years prior, I came across this:

"One witness in particular was adamant that he was a car buff and he even brought a picture of the vehicle he thought he saw that night," says Aspden. "It was a mid 70's Chrysler Newport, a big boat of a car with noisy mufflers."

Compare the mid 70's Newport with the picture of the Diplomat:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/fullsize/2933047440103083999PsSfij

Pretty close.

Sleuth

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2009, 11:53:40 AM »
Yes Des, I noticed that when Tori went missing, it started about 10 years ago, there has been about 30% and climbing of children missing/murdered during Easter. Either 1 week before or 1 week after, which then brings it up to 40% throughout North America.  UK no. I did the calculations since I volunteer for 'Justice for the Innocent' and have 3,000 + in my data bank of murdered children under the age of 16 from NA and UK. Also another 10% during other holidays, but April seems to be the most prevalent. I remembered you also posting about the rash of killing's in 1981 and looked into that also. I will post the technical details later on, on that phenomenon.

Crackers

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2010, 06:25:00 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone has heard of the serial killer, David snow, but does anyone think of him as a possible candidate for the murder?
David snow is also known as the house hermit, he's killed and raped many women and he used to break into cottages in the midland/penetanguishene area and live there for long periods of time. I heard from somebody that he was in the area at the time of the dossapearance but the police never looked into him as a suspect... His style and prey are similar to those of Paul Bernardo AND he was a regular in the area AND he's just as dangerous, if not more dangerous than Bernardo... Somebody should look into it...

...please reply? :)