Author Topic: Christine Marianne Harron | May 18, 1993 | Age 15 | Missing | Hanover  (Read 31241 times)

Desespere

Christine Marianne Harron
DOB: 1978/05/11
Date last seen: May 18, 1993
Location last seen: Hanover, ON
Teen

Christine Marianne Harron - May 18, 1993  - Age 15 - Missing - Hanover - Christine was last seen leaving her home, enroute to school. Christine has small white lines on her left arm and leg. Christine is belived to have been a victim of a homicide. However, her body has not been located.
Chrissy had tiny white lines on left arm and leg, resulting from a cat scratching her and also a mole on her neck on the left side. Eyes: Blue/hazel, Hair: Brown, Height: 5'5", Weight: 110 lbs, Case number: 5286-U

http://popeye.discash.com/childfind/db/child.cgi?alias=58

http://news.webshots.com/photo/2797857010064924833DiJFSi
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 11:58:13 PM by Desespere »

Sleuth

I did a newspaper archive search and.............nothing. What is up with that?

RIP Christine

Sleuth

Re: Christine Marianne Harron | May 18, 1993 | Age 15 | Missing | Hanover
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 10:20:53 PM »
I hope Judge, and I use the term lightly, Thompson has retired and they have hired Judge Judy.

Mugen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 11:13:53 AM »
well if he confessed that he did it you would think they cops would ask were he hid the body

Sleuth

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 11:51:35 AM »
One would think so Mugen. But then again there are a lot of 'Keystone Cops' out there. Their Mantra is,"show us the evidence'. Which of course is true, without evidence, nothing to charge a person, take to court and/or convict a person on. It would only be circumstantial evidence, and the Crown doesn't like to waste tax payers money.  :o Snicker.

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 12:12:08 PM »
Really good question Mugen.

It would be interesting to know, with a degree of certainty, what exactly led OPP to charge this person in the first place.  How is it the case went from town police thinking she was a runaway to the OPP charging someone?

Did he know her in some way?  Was he deemed to have been in the area that day at that time?  Does he have a criminal history that led to suspicions about him?  What about since then?  What did the judge object to as far as the evidence before him?  Regardless of the judge's history of course.

The 80's and up to the mid 90's was not a good era for policing - one to many innocent people convicted on faulty evidence between not only police but the Centre for Forensic Science and pathologists no less.

What did the mother say to police that led them to initially believe she ran away?  I would like to see a cold case squad start with her movements for the days preceeding her disappearance and the last person to see her.  It was a Tuesday - was she in school on Monday?  Was she seen during the weekend prior to disappearing?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 12:15:44 PM by Woodland »

hockeybama

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 02:40:44 AM »
Iam am from a town close to were the girl went missing and worked with the man who confessed for about 6 months around the time of his confession. He told the authority the body was in the dump and they could never find it but they said it was hard to search and could easly missed it  anyways if anyone wants to know about the guy who confessed

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 06:48:16 AM »
Hi hockeybama - unfortunately for everyone, innocent people confess from time to time.  Who knows why.  Looking for attention maybe, or maybe they did do it.

What stands out for me on this one is, no one reported seeing her get into a car or wander off in a different direction from school.  It's a busy time of day, in a small town, with many people driving, walking etc.  Schoolmates and parents would recognize her if they saw her.

To me the only way to be certain where to start is, when she was last seen by someone other than at her residence.  It would lend creedence on whether or not she set off for school that day.

Carol-Lynn

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 07:07:45 AM »
Hi hockeybama.
I would like to hear about this person you worked with and the confession he made to the police. The police must have seen someting in the confession he made at the time, I can't see them doing a search of any kind if they did not think it had some truth.

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 04:18:31 PM »
Just looked at Christine's post on the OPP database - case no. 20100017OPP.

Ooops, she wasn't at school on the Tuesday morning she was reported missing.  According to Christine's mother, they had a fight about her returning to school for the afternoon, and Christine walked out the door about 1:30 pm.

So that would be all the night before as well as most of the day she was reported missing where there may not be an independant witness that saw her.

Then again, was she at school on Monday?  The time frame would only increase, if she wasn't.

http://www.missing-u.ca/MPDetail.aspx?PersonID=1203

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 05:11:35 PM »
I notice that two people came to this site, and only posted once each...and have never returned to the forum.   

It is the only case they commented on.  Is this unusual?  I would have been interested in what Hockeybama had to say about the suspect.  Did he want members to send him a private message to ask about the guy?   Just wondering........

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 06:05:41 PM »
It's not that unusual Have faith, maybe it's all that person wanted to say for now.

One can always try a pm and see if a response is sent back.

I'm having trouble with the wording on the search - not sure if one was conducted at the dump or if police felt they might overlook her and did not search.  From hockeybama's post.

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 07:10:22 PM »
Thanks Woodland.

Yes, the wording re the dump search is ambiguous.  I'm not sure which way to take it.

hockeybama

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 01:05:10 AM »
srry for the wait , I worked with him at a Canadian Tire  if that means anything .What i know about the man  is that he woulda been   around 20 -25 at the time  she disapeared,and he has mental health issues but not to a point you would notice ,  i couldent notice at work just that he was a little weird but a nice guy . He hadd very long hair probley doesnt mean anything but it is a sterotype to some people .
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 12:39:50 AM by hockeybama »

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 04:03:21 PM »
Christine shows up once in the Toronto Star as a missing teen, one year and one week after her disappearance as part of an article on other missing teens - 25 May 1994 Page A10.

On the one year anniversary of Christine's disappearance, her mother made a public appeal for her safe return - in a letter released by police.  The article appeared one week later.

The appeal by her mother first speaks as though Christine is a runaway - 'Please call ... but it is your decision'.  The next sentence says her mother thinks she was abducted as 'Crissy' didn't take any clothing or money.