Author Topic: Do you think that a sexual predator can be rehabilitated?  (Read 3076 times)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Do you think that a sexual predator can be rehabilitated?
« on: October 09, 2008, 04:46:24 PM »
The subject of sexual predators comes up almost daily on this site so I thought it would be interesting to see if people think they can truly be rehabilitated.

haunted

Re: Do you think that a sexual predator can be rehabilitated?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 08:05:38 PM »
IMO, which in no way contains medical, psychological or criminological background:  NO NO NO

I do not think they can be rehabiliated because I think it is a choice. They choose. When you choose you expell the option to 'not do' something which means you have a choice. And if it does work and the sexual predators don't get the rehab they need in prison, which is what they all claim, that the system let them down and now they have no choice but to re-offend, then why don't they seek their own rehab treatment in the real world upon release, beyond what is mandated to them. They don't because they don't want to. If I injure myself in sports I seek treatment because I don't want to feel injured. I would think they would seek the same thing, at whatever cost if they are as upset and disturbed by their own behaviour. In my opinion they like what they do. They do it because they can, and because they like the results. They usually get to abuse a great number of victims or a small number of victims a great number of times before they are caught and even when they are caught the sentence is so light it must be worthwhile. Look at the monster who abducted Anastasia Whetton - previously he had 6 victims, sentenced to 6 years. He was a 'model prisoner' who took the treatment and medical assistance to help rehab him. He was released after 4 years and then low and behold in one weekend he allegedly abducts and assaults to young girls. The system considered him a success. Do you consider that a success because I sure as hell DO NOT.

and that is what is f'd up in our system.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 08:10:39 PM »
only is neutered!

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 09:17:52 PM »
I was quite surprised to learn on something I read recently that one major city and maybe more, only alerts the public about a sex offender moving into the area if he/she has not completed their treatment programs while incarcerated. I guess that means that they must consider them not to be a threat anymore once they have completed these programs. I myself do not believe they can be rehabilitated as it is proven over and over, such as in the case of Anastasia. I believe we need much harsher and longer sentences for sex offenders and do not think they should ever be eligible for parole. I have heard so many times of someone who has been paroled committing another rape or even murdering someone almost as soon as they walk out of prison.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 01:25:16 AM »
Nope!

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 12:41:48 AM »

Absolutely NO!!!! They most definately cannot, as they don't think they are doing wrong.They "know" society hates them, but amongst themselves, they feel they have the right. Very selfish, screwed up, and terribly self centred. Couple that with access to a child, and they will go after that child.

Whether in the home, the school, the church, the neighbour, or what ever these monsters, are incapable of stopping and will continue to molest Children. I see Karl Toft driving around, and old as that f'er is, he has admitted he still desires children.

They believe they are doing the child a favour. They like the power, and control, the intimidation. They don't even think of the child as being potentially scarred, they just don't care.

The sexual predator, whether s/he goes after, kids, or adults, are sick in the head, and twisted. They got no ethics, morals, no sense of right or wrong. As long as they run the show, they are ok. Too often they turn to killing. >:(

PandaBearKitty

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 10:13:38 AM »
No they can't.   Repeat offender repeat offender repeat offender.   We hear it over and over and over.    >:(

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2016, 11:33:46 AM »
Agreed. Absolutely not. Psych evaluations on some offenders, Psychiatrists stated the offenders saw nothing wrong with what they have done and showed no remorse for the people they targeted.