Author Topic: Unidentified Victim - Murdered - October 1989 - Napanee ON  (Read 4741 times)

Shwa

• View Profile
Unidentified Victim - Murdered - October 1989 - Napanee ON
« on: October 06, 2008, 12:41:10 PM »
From the Ontario Crime Stoppers Kingston files:

On October 21, 1989 the body of an unidentified male was discovered in an isolated area of County Road 14 in the former Camden East Township. He died as a result of foul play.
The victim is described as an Asian or European male, 35-55 years of age, 5'4" tall, 110-120 lbs., no missing teeth or dental work. He had straight black hair and was balding. The victim was wearing a white, short-sleeved Pierre Cardin dress shirt with red and blue fine stripes; a Hunt Club medium-sized pullover with black, red and grey diamond pattern; grey dress pants and size 8 ? black loafers. Of special note was an "evil eye" pendant that the victim had on a chain. Pictures can be seen in the 'Cold Case' Section.

OPP Poster:

http://www.opp.ca/Intranetdev/groups/public/documents/webpage/opp_005920.pdf

WARNING!  GRAPHIC EVIDENCE IN THE ABOVE POSTER.

If you are the killer of this person please turn yourself in now.

mauvelilac

Re: Unidentified Victim - Murdered - October 1989 - Napanee ON
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 04:18:20 PM »
I have him in my files. Sadly, Napanee is a dumping ground for remains being along the 401, We have a cold case lady found there way back when. She's on this site somewhere. I always thought this man was a hit because of the manner he was found and he was wearing expensive clothes. I thought a drug deal gone bad. I also always felt he was from the Montreal area. Don't ask me why, it was just a feeling.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 05:42:20 PM »
To have a body ... fully clothe  ....expensive clothing and gold chain ... able to determine nationality to quite some extent, seems this poor soul wasn't from this country.  There seems to be enough of a description to determine if he is missing or unaccounted for somewhere.  ....seems like this must be a person of a very low profile life style - ???? or else very high profile in a certain life style ...the kind that would have nobody reporting him missing because he's suppose to be dead.  I can't help but think the authorities don't even bother to circulate such a find with authorities in other countries.  I wonder what procedure they actually use; or if they just let the case sit there until or unless someone comes looking for such an individual.

Shwa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 07:04:10 PM »
"always felt he was from the Montreal area."

Yes I agree.  I grew up in the Ottawa area and the surrounding forests were known as a mob dumping ground as well.  Napanee is what? A 4 hour drive from Montreal?

haunted

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 07:57:55 PM »
what is the pendant about? has anyone seen one or knows what is signifies. It doesn't seem to fit a well dressed person,seems more gothic or something?

waabzy

• View Profile
From time immemorial, people, from gut feelings, we instantly become wary of strangers with greedy or mean eyes. We know from experience, that effusive praises should be taken with a pinch of salt, for behind all the gushes, smiles and the adoring eyes, the person is probably itching to wring your necks or stab you from behind.

The Turks have devised the Evil Eye Pendant to guard themselves from such not-so-well-meaning people with their necessarily evil eyes.

The Turkish Evil Eye Pendant or the Nazar Boncugu, which literally means the "evil eye bead", is actually a stone bead, which is worn to protect oneself from evil looks. The stone is an amalgamation of molten glass, iron, copper, water and salt. This particular combination of minerals and metals is believed to provide a shield from the forces of evil.

The Evil Eye pendant has the symbol of an eye worked upon it. The symbol of the eye is regarded as a potent amulet for protection against evil forces in almost every culture of the world like Jewish, Islamic, Hindu, Buddhist and Christian. Thus, in Turkey, you have an eye for an eye.

It is believed that the Nazar Boncugu deflects the negative energy that is being directed towards a person onto itself, thus dispersing its powers.

The Nazar Boncugu is blue in color and the age-old Anatolian belief is that it is actually the blue color of the stone, which holds the real shielding power and absorbs the negative energy.

This is not surprising since the people in many Mediterranean nations ardently believe in the protective powers of the blue color. That is why; front doors of houses in these Mediterranean countries are painted blue to ward off evil spirits.

The evil eye pendant is attached to anything and everything that, it is felt, will attract envy and greed. Thus, you will find a Turkish man attaching the evil eye pendant in front of his house or office, hanging it from the neck of his newborn child, or his farm animals and even on his newly acquired machinery. You will find the pendant being inserted into the foundations of modern offices and even come across it in Turkish web pages.

What is more, there is no religious bar in the use of the evil eye pendant. Thus, Jews, Christians and Muslims alike, use this lucky charm.

The evil eye pendant is still hand crafted using primitive means, by highly skilled glass workers who are carrying on a 3000 year old craft. The pendant can be worn in a necklace or a bracelet.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 09:45:38 AM »
right waabzy; I read up on that also.  His, seemed to be porcelain or else extremely polished stone.  ...that rounded type seemed most popular in Turkey from what I read.  Also, most used there!
This guy's reproduction pic doesn't look Asian to me .... looked more South America....I see him as someone off a ship .... they always dress with pullovers and always have gold jewellery.  ...also the actual pic of his body on site, shows he has that build of a guy slinging cargo etc.
I see a deal $$$ (imports/exports) connection here - gone bad! ...or else a night on the town and he got rolled or cleaned out gambling (maybe tryed to settle the deal with threat of some kind of exposure... or maybe didn't follow-up on a previous promise of money owed)  The big crime guys who wear those do so for a reason - they lead a real risky and precarious life style -imho - Wouldn't it be exiting if we could see the file and whatever facts!  RIP whoever you are.

waabzy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 02:45:31 PM »
These can be purchased anywhere however. I have seen them in swap meets, yard sales, flea markets, thrift stores and even dollar stores.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 08:50:40 PM »
I'm looking at the fact that this man wore that evil eye because he felt it would keep him safe.....as if he relyed heavily on it....he didn't wear it as a proper pendant....he had it held in place "makeshift" , so to speak.  I have often used a safety pin to pin a St. Christopher medal or a St. Jude medal in my son's car or inside a jacket because it wasn't an item he'd wear, but I didn't want him to be without it. 
That evil eye piece seemed to be something this man believed in.  That tells me he either relyed on it for years, or else, adopted it for a specific reason (like maybe he was about to do something terrible risky and attached that piece to keep evil away from him for a specific time/reason, or maybe someone else gave it to him, with the same belief or purpose.  It just didn't belong on his pricy gold chain. imo

mauvelilac

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 10:51:26 AM »
Right Shwa Montreal is roughly a 4 hour drive from Napanee. Montreal also has large shipping ports but you know a lot of those big ships stop off here in Kingston so I'm wondering if that's where the police investigation should start?  Like maybe they've always assumed that the victim was dropped off by someone driving along the 401. But if there were ships docked in Kingston at that time the crew might have got leave to go drinking at one of the bars or a night on the town or whatever and the killer might have been local. For that matter, the killer could have been off the ship too and either rented or stole a car to dispose of the body. There's a problem with that theory though because there's any number of places between Kingston and Napanee where he could have easily dumped the body.
This still strikes me as a hit though. I don't know why. Ling's theory of import/export gone bad is a gr8 one. I'm seeing cocaine. I was in Venezuala years ago and when the ship docked I was terrified to get off. There was men in uniform walking up and down the dock with uzis and large bundles of white substance which I was told at the time was sugar but I never believed it for a second. Why would they be guarding sugar with Uzi's? It had to have been cocaine.
It's sad that the pendant he relied on so heavily to protect him may be the key to determining his identity some day. To the victim, I hope someday we'll know who you are and your death will have  justice.