Author Topic: Katherine Janeiro - October 10, 1994 - Age 20 - Murdered - Barrie  (Read 33860 times)

meandmusic

• View Profile
Re: Katherine Janeiro - October 10, 1994 - Age 20 - Murdered - Barrie
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2009, 09:48:43 PM »
I knew Katherine she was my neighbour well she was pregnant with Dawn  and for about a year afterDawn was born  untill I moved we kept contact she was supposed to come see me in the hospital  the day after she was murdered ...She was a beautiful vibrant person who died far to young in a vicious violent attack ,,,that took a mother away from a child that she loved with all her heart I hope the police catch this coward or cowards soon! its gone on far to long ...Katherines family deserves peace and a end to the nightmare and the person or persons who did this need to pay for their crime!

Fedup31

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 04:51:26 AM »
Okay so i feel like an idiot....I am sorry for the loss of such a beautiful young lady....My sister-in-law and her two children moved into that apartment after this happened..My brother had told me about it but i thought it was a means of trying to scare both my niece and I...I was not aware that her murder had been unsolved for all these years....Man i wish they could come up with something after all these years so the family and her daughter can finally get closure and peace in their hearts....

Again i am sorry and i feel like a complete idiot...

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 12:18:19 PM »
Obviously the posting by "Angel of Sorrows" does indicate that she may have an idea of who committed this murder. She is very afraid. Where she is so afraid even to comment under a screen name, I feel sorry for her. She should at least call crime stoppers and give them her information. CS as they state, they do not want your name, they want your information. She definitely knows something that could be vital to solving this crime. It is so sad that someone has gotten away with this vicious crime. This person may have gone on to kill again. RIP Katherine. :o :o :o :o 8) 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 12:26:45 PM by capeheart »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 02:22:52 AM »
I am surprised neighbors did not tell you about that. Maybe they were scared too.

Still unsolved... sort of... it seems this is a case the police know who did it, ubt cannot prove it.

sam

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 05:26:26 PM »
I can't believe this is here...I was friends with Kathy for many years.  We grew up together and I have many fond memories of her and our times together.  I moved away with my family and although we kept in touch for a few years after, we lost touch.  I knew she had a daughter, but was never lucky enough to meet her.  I hope this case is soon solved and the appropriate person gets what he deserves!...I feel so sorry for her parents and can't imagine what this has done to them...hopefully they will soon get the answers they need to put this horrible act behind them.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 11:58:52 PM »
Sorry about your friend, that must have been sad.

I do feel tihs case can and will be solved. I get the impression the police alreayd know who did it, just short right now on proof.

One day a person who knows something will come forward I hope.

sam

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 06:23:31 AM »
What kind of proof do you think they need?   I can remember a letter that she worte me after I moved telling me a few things....I wonder.....where is that letter......???

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 01:18:07 AM »
I think the crowns office these days need more proof then they did a generation ago. I guess DNA or video of the murder, I am not sure. It seems the standard keeps getting harder and harder. Letter?

hey you never know right?

JusticeforKathy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 09:38:00 AM »

JusticeforKathy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 09:40:20 AM »

JusticeforKathy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2011, 09:41:26 AM »

JusticeforKathy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2011, 09:42:30 AM »

amateur

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2011, 10:44:11 PM »

JusticeforKathy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2011, 09:33:08 AM »
It was what she said but not what she meant, she meant she must have been dead sunday. She didn't find out about the death until Monday. She has already been questioned about the timeline.

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2011, 02:05:00 PM »
I think it's great that the government is offering a cash reward to solve this case. I don't know how often that  happens. Often it's the family and community that has to raise the money. Her daughter and her parents deserve answers. I also hope that the person who has a letter from Katherine in their possession will find it and submit it to police as well as a copy to her daughter.