Author Topic: Katherine Janeiro - October 10, 1994 - Age 20 - Murdered - Barrie  (Read 29999 times)

leonagleant

• View Profile
Re: Katherine Janeiro - October 10, 1994 - Age 20 - Murdered - Barrie
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2011, 03:12:28 PM »
What kind of proof do you think they need?   I can remember a letter that she worte me after I moved telling me a few things....I wonder.....where is that letter......???

Sam: are you there and did you find that letter?

Hazel Main

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2011, 06:35:26 PM »
For those local's surfing over here from Facebook's Action for Alex and Remembering Katherine Janeiro pages, please remember Cindy too! One or more of you holds the key to solving this case.  Respectfully I ask, don't you think it's time? I swear, you'll have an army of supporters if you just take that first itsy bitsy step and release what you've been holding back for more than twenty years.

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=225.0
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 07:27:25 PM by Hazel Main »

Hazel Main

• View Profile
Re: Katherine Janeiro ? October 10, 1994 ? Age 20 ? Murdered - Barrie
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2011, 06:51:40 PM »
IT does at least sound like they have DNA, so one day, they should be able to match this to a person.

Really Chris?  I didn't know that. Oh I hope they do! Testing gets better all the time, and the chances of solving with DNA are so much better than without.

JusticeforKathy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2011, 02:31:13 PM »
Who were the 2 murdered?

JusticeforKathy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2011, 02:55:20 PM »
I've researched this case to death and talked to those involved. Each person is still alive and well.

JusticeforKathy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2011, 03:00:27 PM »
I can't imagine what it was like for Dawn to grow up without a mother. People scream police cover up every day. But the real ones that cover it up, are those that refuse to do the right thing. Did you go to the police with your info?

SAP

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2012, 11:58:08 AM »
http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?archive=true&e=742743

One-third of Barrie murders occur in October; No linkage to any cases, police say
By raymond bowe
Posted 4 years ago
For Barrie police, October is traditionally one of its busiest months when it comes to murder.

"October seems to be a common month to be involved with major crimes, like homicides," Sgt. Dave Goodbrand said.

Since 1987, Barrie police have investigated 10 deaths in October, which accounts for about one-third of all homicides in the city.

"There's no linkage in any of these cases," Det. Norm Meech said.

April Dobson, 40, was shot to death Oct. 14, 2005, on Browning Trail in the city's Letitia Heights neighbourhood. Her killer has never been caught.

The skeletal remains of Alexandra Flanagan, 33, were found Oct. 4 in a south-end city park. Her death is being treated as "suspected foul play" until a cause of death is determined.

The Campione girls - three-year-old Serena and one-year-old Sophia - were found dead in their mother's Coulter Street apartment, drowned to death, on Oct. 4, 2006. Their mother, Frances Elaine Campione, faces first-degree murder charges.

Katherine Janeiro, 20, was found stabbed to death in her Dunlop Street West apartment on Oct. 10, 1994. Her killer has never been caught.

Petra Elibrecht, 20, was found stabbed to death on Oct. 27, 1991, at 51 Dunlop St. E. Her common-law partner, Peter McMaster, now 38 years old, was convicted of second-degree murder and was paroled in May 2005.

Back in October 1993, Eric Ross, Barrie's most notorious mass murderer, killed four people. On Oct. 2, 1993, Fred Shapcott, a 46-year-old taxi driver, was found dead in his cab behind a Bayview Drive business. He died of blood loss from multiple stab wounds.

Two days later, the bodies of 85-year-old Ellsworth Beers, his 22-year-old granddaughter Pamela Constable and her friend Scott Seabrook, 28, were found in Beers' Peel Street home.

Several months later, a Letitia Heights woman was attacked in her home, her throat slashed. Ross was arrested and charged.

After maintaining his innocence for several years, Ross was convicted of first-degree murder in all four deaths. During the trial, court heard that drugs played a prominent role in Ross' disposition that weekend.

Next week, The Barrie Examiner will profile the cold-case files surrounding several unsolved crimes in the region. On Monday, April Dobson's murder is profiled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/3 in October? What else is happening around that time in Barrie?

history_major

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2012, 11:47:49 AM »
SAP: That's a fantastic question to ask...especially since my sister's abduction was in October of 1995, and she was taken just outside of Barrie.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2012, 12:54:35 PM »
Lots of towns have fall fairs...not sure about Barrie, though.  Sept/Oct makes me think of the fairs.