Author Topic: Hate Crime!!!  (Read 2321 times)

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
Hate Crime!!!
« on: September 29, 2008, 01:12:21 PM »

I decided to put this here. Not only is it a hate crime, but also a sex crime, as the perp did it because the men were gay!!

By THE CANADIAN PRESS

Click here to find out more!

VANCOUVER -- A 20-year-old Vancouver man faces a charge of assault causing bodily harm in connection with an incident that police are calling a gay bashing.

Michael Kandola is due to appear in court today to face the charge after being released on bail over the weekend. He has not entered a plea.

Jordan Smith says he was holding hands with a man Friday night when the pair were approached by five men.

Smith says they started yelling profanities and gay slurs, and when he walked away, the group pursued.

Smith says he was hit on the head so hard he was knocked unconscious.

His jaw is broken in three places and will be wired shut this week.

Police are recommending that the case be prosecuted as a hate crime, a designation that increases punishment. They say they don't plan on charging anyone else in the incident.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Re: Hate Crime!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 02:29:09 PM »
well whoever they charge; I hope they make an example of them.... give them a few years and maybe these excuses for humanity will get the message.  It seems there are an AWFUL lot of people around who think they can do what they want to anyone and, also think they should get away with it because they feel they are tough and who's going to do anything about it.  I say give him YEARS NOT MONTHS under lock and key - give him time enough to send a message out to other bullies who hate everyone who is not garbage like them.

Sue

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 07:02:52 PM »
 I'm glad there are people like us on this site. That speak there minds on CRIME. Lock them up and throw the keys away. >:(

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 09:31:40 PM »
You know something, I am glad this person will be given a more serious sentence. But what really baffles me, is why random acts of violence in general does not warrant a heavy sentence. For some reason they recognize this violence is bad, rightly so, but another way of looking at this is that they system seems to feel other acts of violence are not serious.

I wish they would crack down on any violent non consenting violence.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 02:05:38 AM »

I am with you all, and what you are saying. These swarmings, and hate crimes, and thrill crimes, should land all these suckers in the slammer!!! No PC, straight to jail!    >:(  Bullies are trash, but the biggest whiners, one on one!

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 09:49:24 AM »
That's right Adrian; and I actually think we should start a major petition for justice in that direction.

When an unsuspecting individual is attacked by others, solely because the others are in the mood, or the opportunity arises, for them to demonstrate their "hate" and their "power" to hurt who they hate, A MAJOR LIGHT SHOULD GO ON IN SOCIETY'S COLLECTIVE HEAD!

One can't help but notice that these animals usually act in numbers - seldom alone.  ... that's because bullies are actually cowards.  IMHO, they have a suppressed rage because they know they haven't got the courage to stand up openly, or be a solitary individual with any kind of honour - these people have to have someone cheering them on to take a crap...most of them.

My point is, their victims have no protection from these pieces of garbage.  Their victims don't get to exist in an kind of "protective custody" - we are all at risk of running into garbage like this every time we go out the door.... and Chris is right in his post..... all such violence should be addressed as what it is, -"HATE" - so why, in the name of all that is logical, should they get such preferencial treatment when incarcerated for their HATE CRIME/S. 

IT'S HIGH TIME SOCIETY UNITED ON THIS ISSUE.  I say once you've acted like an animal, you should be thrown in with the animals.  Let's get united on that and send our elected officials and justice system a strong letter to that effect.  It anyone or any group puts this issue on paper, please let me know; I'll be the first to sign.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 11:08:38 PM »

I hear you loud and clear!! What gets me, is how a group of 5,6 will actually go along with it!!!! People in my part of the world, are heavy on threats, and intimidation, in a group of course. Could be smokes, booze, money, or for the thrill!!!Individuals are beaten for no reason, at any hour, and just by walking down the street!!!

Gangs taking over buildings, bullying, and on and on it goes!!There is a lot of whacked out whackoes, and some have guns. Another crime that has hit Edmonton the last few years. It is no longer safe on our streets, and it is Canada wide, I believe, but has risen sharply here in Alberta. >:( >:( >:(