Author Topic: Emily Stauffer (14) Murdered | Edson | Ross Edward Kleman Charged  (Read 135029 times)

haunted

Re: A Young Girl Killed in Edson!
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 04:21:10 PM »
IMO, turn loose all the local hunters and let track this guy down. I'm sure he'd meet his justice a lot more swiftly that way, and we
wouldn't have to wait for some judge to hand out concurrent sentences that are ridiculously too lenient.

These crimes just further convince me that we need the death penalty.

Sue

Re: A Young Girl Killed in Edson!
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 05:27:59 PM »
AMEN haunted.  :'( :'( :'( >:(
 I was on the radio today talking about how theses family members feel. What a toll it take on. That theses MURDERS get a slap on their wrist. Well we never get our loved ones back.
Also talked about the walk for justice that started June 21 from Vancouver an they arrived here in Ottawa,
on August 15 to meet on Parlaiment Hill to let our Government know,that there are over 3000 missing
and MURDER women in Canada. Also too tell Canadian people to open up their eyes for we have too
stop these MURDERS, a life should be worth a life. I try really hard not too let Lowe Greene know
that IM a Mother of a MURDER child. To voice on how we feel and the pain we feel every day of our life's.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Emily Stauffer (14) Murdered | Edson (sept 28 2008)
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 11:01:49 PM »
I heard about this second attack on the radio. IMO, this is actually not related. I could be wrong. But the desrciption does not match and the woman only said she was accosted (not sure that means). Plus he killed a 14 year old, and those freaks prefer young girls so I do not think this is the same.

In fact, I bet that freak is long gone by now. BUt it would not surprise me if the police have some leads already. I'm still wondering about that sex offender who took off from Edmonton.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 10:05:25 AM »
It does seem as if the two are separate incidences but in a way that seems all the more scary to me. I have wondered if the second guy was sort of a copy cat. On the other hand, the description of the second guy makes you think he could be a transient and if that's the case I guess it's possible that he didn't even know about the first attack. Either way I hope they can find this guy(s) before any more women are attacked.

D1

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 11:36:03 AM »
The two attacks so close to each other are extremely strange if it were not the same person. The second if unconnected may be disguising something to do with the first, the murder of Emily. If as indicated Emily was a frequent visitor to the trails where she was attacked, she may have been targetted and stalked by her killer. She may have seen or known her killer from a previous time. The people from the town of Edson believe that he had to be a resident to know of the trail system. Who in Emily's life could have become infatuated with her in a manner that was not reciprical?

The second attack is an ominous and foreboding incident with multiple possibilities.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 12:55:28 PM by D1 »

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 03:24:38 PM »

Plusthere have been near attacks, in Hinton and Edson previously. Luring, a guy in Walmart, trying to feel up women.

Yeah, D1,Deb, Sue, Haunted, Chris and all , I want these guys to pay. I also wonder about the dog not barking, which normally would.Maybe the dog recognized the scent of the person, etc..., as well as Emily. Yes, this guy may be known there, in Edson.

Good idea, let the hunter become the hunted. Pretty scary, but let me tell you, these trackers are Good! They can hold him, till the cops get there.I would hate to see an innocent person get shot. It has happened, and we need the right guy!!!!

For people who kill, and attack, for thrills, lust, perverse thoughts, and sick fantasies, I believe the Death Penalty should come back! Solid DNA evidense, and clues, prints, etc..., they should die as they have killed.  Murder committed by a person in trust, should also be given the Death Penalty. Barring that, lock, em, in solitary, for the rest of their life. NO interenet!!!! None!!!!

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2008, 12:28:36 AM »
Well, there is an election coming up....maybe that should be on someone's ticket...what do you think?

VOTING IN THE DEATH PENALTY should be an campaign issue!

Back to this young girl...snuffed out of a life....what a SIN!

This does surprize me about the dog....my dogs bark at anything unusual... so I find this very odd, that this dog did not bark...unless it is deaf. Even growling....this dog would have done, because dogs sense fear.

If Emily face was beaten, I believe then she knew the man. It may very well have been someone from her church. There are alot of sickos out there, and churches have a tendancy to open there arms out to the oddest of people. He may have stalked her, got to know the dog by giving it treats, and then got her when he felt the timing was right.

Edson being a small city now, and oil booming in Alberta, brings in the riff-raff from all over, because Alberta is short on staffing their companies.

I feel though, this man is from the area, because he did make a good retreat, and that he knew where to attack her.

Although, Edson has a major highway, by-passing it....so the random act may very well have happened.

I pray for comfort and peace for Emily's family, and that the evil man, who decided to end Emily's life, be found quickly!

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2008, 04:37:33 PM »

If this was random, and the perp did NOT live in Edson, or surroundings, this freak can go any where. Out of curiousity, has Kare been contacted, or involved. Just a thought....

From the description of the guy, being sweaty and smelly, about 30, cologne to cover the smell, may mean he is transient.I hope posters of the drawing are sent to ALL shelters in Alberta.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2008, 08:09:48 PM »
This girl went to a church where her father was the Pastor. I wonder if she was targeted. You'd think a sex predator would have done more then just kill her. Maybe take her away or something. Something is weird about this one.

Baba Donya

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2008, 01:16:26 AM »
Maybe he lured her from the internet???

Have they announced how she died??? I read or heard on the news that they were not sure the exact reason why she died.

I dearly hope they catch this perp soon!

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2008, 02:40:50 PM »

By RENATO GANDIA, SUN MEDIA

After several days of gruelling police work on the apparent second attack on a 20-year-old Edson woman, investigators concluded that the complaint is frivolous.

Investigators have been diligently probing the slaying of Emily Stauffer last week in concert with the Sept. 30 alleged assault, but late last night Mounties concluded the attack complaint was unfounded.

"Stauffer's death may have had a direct and unfortunate influence that resulted in the second incident being reported to authorities," Mounties said.

The RCMP won't charge the complainant with public mischief and they're asking the public to disregard the description of the alleged suspect released related to the alleged second case.

Meanwhile, one week following the brutal slaying of Stauffer, police continue today the manhunt for her killer.

Mounties are not able to publicly disclose whether they're close to nabbing the man who killed the teenager.

RCMP spokesman Cpl. Wayne Oakes explains that saying either investigators are closing in on the killer or not even close will jeopardize the case because that may change the killer's behaviour.

Investigators have been working hard and Oakes says in his 30 years of policing "this ranks up at the top."

The enthusiasm and dedication investigators are putting into the case are just exceptional, he said.

"That applies to the majority of cases that our officers are investigating," he added.

Following the alleged second attack on a 20-year-old woman last Tuesday, additional investigators were called in and more than 40 of them worked on the two cases.

CraftyGal

• Remember adopt-Don't Shop!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2008, 02:43:12 PM »
Here is the composite sketch that was made.  He is a Person of Interest at this time.

D1

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2008, 02:49:35 PM »
Is this a sketch of the suspect in Emily's murder or the second phoney attack?

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2008, 04:15:13 PM »
  This is from Emilie's attack!

Picture in paper, on the 29th, before the phoney one.Police sketch. Don't know if this is from kids witnessed or someone saw him near the attack.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2008, 11:09:44 PM »

By RENATO GANDIA, SUN MEDIA

After several days of gruelling police work on the apparent second attack on a 20-year-old Edson woman, investigators concluded that the complaint is frivolous.

Investigators have been diligently probing the slaying of Emily Stauffer last week in concert with the Sept. 30 alleged assault, but late last night Mounties concluded the attack complaint was unfounded.

"Stauffer's death may have had a direct and unfortunate influence that resulted in the second incident being reported to authorities," Mounties said.

The RCMP won't charge the complainant with public mischief and they're asking the public to disregard the description of the alleged suspect released related to the alleged second case.

Meanwhile, one week following the brutal slaying of Stauffer, police continue today the manhunt for her killer.

Mounties are not able to publicly disclose whether they're close to nabbing the man who killed the teenager.

RCMP spokesman Cpl. Wayne Oakes explains that saying either investigators are closing in on the killer or not even close will jeopardize the case because that may change the killer's behaviour.

Investigators have been working hard and Oakes says in his 30 years of policing "this ranks up at the top."

The enthusiasm and dedication investigators are putting into the case are just exceptional, he said.

"That applies to the majority of cases that our officers are investigating," he added.

Following the alleged second attack on a 20-year-old woman last Tuesday, additional investigators were called in and more than 40 of them worked on the two cases.

What a dirt bag. Wasting police time when there is a murderer on the loose who killed a child! Why not charge her? This is bad and really is the equivielent of screaming 'Fire' in a crowded market for it caused even more panic. Unless she is really mentally disturbed, they should have charged her. For some reason, prosecuters are not likely to prosecute people who report false crimes.