Author Topic: Emily Stauffer (14) Murdered | Edson | Ross Edward Kleman Charged  (Read 139384 times)

D1

Re: Emily Stauffer (14) Murdered | Edson (sept 28 2008)
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2008, 08:33:25 PM »
This is the point we have all been beating around the bush about. Was Emily's killer there originally for rape or murder? We don't have a lot of information to go on, but the one piece that became public was the boys coming upon him in the act. This was as much as the cops had to go on at the time too. They would have thought this part through already. The boys apparently showed up while the killer was in the act of strangling Emily with the rope. At this point even if his intention was rape and he was merely "subduing her" at the time, he progressed to murder. I don't quite know why I think this but, I believe that if the motive was rape, he (the killer) would have run right then and Emily may have survived. The exception being, if Emily knew her killer and could identify him. We're back to the same place.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 10:51:10 PM by D1 »

haunted

« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2008, 08:48:10 PM »
Anyone know how old roughly the two boys were that came upon the scene?  Not that there is anything to indicate that they were involved and they most likely were not involved. And, further the police have indicated today to the media that there is a second male they are trying to locate who is 'not a suspect' rather a POI, he being someone who frequently walked the trails in that area. However my thoughts have occasionally gone back to the two boys. Pending their ages, of course. Does anyone recall in England I think it was 10 years ago or more where two boys I think were 9 years old or so led a 3 year old away from a train station (something like that) and assaulted and killed the toddler. It was shocking.Is it possible that if the boys were old enough and thought that together they could pull something off. Maybe never intended to kill or anything but to scare a teenage girl, maybe one they had a fascination with. Had the rope or twine and together were able to pull something off.............I know it is unlikely but we do know that the boys wereon the trail when it happened and left immediately to get help. If the boys were under 10 I would think it would be very unlikely but over 10,maybe. Who know?

It seems to me that most crimes involving strangers (male) and victimes (female) it appears to be sexually motivated. I would think this stranger would have attempted to abduct this poor child away from that area, back into the bush to complete his agenda. Had it been just a murder, by a stranger, it seems a bit odd. Had it been someone she knew, either it was someone who was angry. Perhaps she declined a relationship or something and enraged this person,but again I would have to think the lack of sexuality in the crime is off from this kind of scenario. JMO.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2008, 09:25:20 PM »
Never say Never, Haunted. Brainstorming is a good thing.

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2008, 09:44:25 PM »
Press the following link, and there is another picture of a POI, they want to talk to.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Alberta/2008/10/14/7079351.html

Also in earlier reports, the boys were described as youngsters. That to me, is under about 10, years old. Any way when you see a pic of the person, he should be recognized IF he was from there.

Going thru a gut hunch, I think this was a sex crime, was intended to be, and the killing happened when he heard the boys coming.One thing that really bugs me, is why didn't he take her into the thick of the bush? I also think she would fight back, hard, unless he snuck up on her.

I hope all her friends open up, as they may know something, they think is just coincidental.Too bad they couldn't DNA or have the POI take a polygraph, and anyone, in his age range, that has a resemblance to the picture.

PS Yes I recall what happened in England with the two boys, about 8,9, who abducted and beat to death a young child, a toddler, about 3 years old. They did it for kicks! >:(

D1

« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2008, 09:55:43 PM »
James Bulgar and his little buddy Simon?. There are some strange "boys".  Apparently the boys here turned themselves in though, there were no other witnesses, if they were involved, why would they implicate themselves for no reason? If that is accepted, then, If killer was there originally for rape, I tend to think that he would not progress this far into murder before attempting rape. Why was she not hauled off the trail? If he had been startled and scared off from initiating rape, why hang around any longer to finish with murder? Emily knew him?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 01:58:06 AM by D1 »

haunted

« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2008, 10:06:52 PM »
If he wanted to rape her, I agree,she would have been promptly removed from the trail. It was daylight on a popular public trail and likely someone would come along.

You know you hear about those kind of guys who think about a girl and actually think they are in a relationship with her when there is nothing there at all and when the girl does say something to make it clear the guy goes off the deep end. The girl doesn't think too much of it because she doesn't really get how much the obsessed about her. Seems like no big deal to the girl but to the guy who is not completely right to begin with and has no selfesteem and is delusional it seems like a huge blow to his ego and he's going to teach her a lesson OR if she seems to be displaying interest in someone else then 'if I can't have you, no one else can either'.

I know this is weird brainstorming too because it has always been reported and talked about a guy but you know girls have been commiting more violent crimes against other girls nowadays. The lack of sexuality could have been another female involved who was trying to settle a score or getback at her for stealing a boyfriend or something like that. Remote I know and given what the youngster supposedly saw, a male leaving it should eliminate that kind of scenario, but in the art of brainstorming I thought I would throw that out there.

D1

« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2008, 10:22:14 PM »
That was pretty good haunted, I never even thought of the possibility it could be a female killer, but that is one of the few explanations which could explain the murder of a young woman without an apparent sexual motive.

The first explanation seems  to fit more though. Guy goes off deep end. Guy was not likely there for a casual introductory chat. He brought the rope for the occaision. If he were ticked off, it had to do with an earlier encounter. I still think he knew her or had run into her out there before. He came with bad intentions and rope.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 12:45:52 AM by D1 »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2008, 01:22:46 AM »
Wasn't this crimes witenessed by some boys?

I like the fresh ideas, in 2008 anything can happen. It will be interesting to learn what the motive was in this, and I am still wondering about those boys who claimed to have seen this happen or came across it.

For all we know, this could have been some youtube wanna bes who went to far in something.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2008, 11:37:25 AM »

This is the link I put up showing the new pic of a POI. I don't know how to put on here. You have to click it.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Alberta/2008/10/14/7079351.html

Thanks, and I doubt this is random, but we never know.The town is not tat big, and someone looking like the sketches shown should already be at the cop shop.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2008, 12:37:45 PM »
You'd think this person should be found soon. I am not sure if this is a POI or not, they said they just want to talk to him. Maybe to rule himn out? Must mean the police have no suspects yet except maybe this person.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2008, 02:18:17 PM »

I know Chris, they are fishing. This sketch must have come by the kids, or the other one did. They are looking at people who were used to using that trail, or have been using it lately.The town has come together in trying to find out the SOB who killed Emily. I imagine they are already questionning people, who may be a consideration.

Like this pic may be of a frequent user of the trail, and they want to see if he knew of any strangers, or anyone also using it, to be questionned.

I do hope they are also looking at other towns near by.

D1

« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2008, 02:48:13 PM »
So that makes two POI , two different descriptions, two sketches, neither "POI" came forward on their own, and neither has been found since. HMM

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2008, 09:28:08 PM »
So that makes two POI , two different descriptions, two sketches, neither "POI" came forward on their own, and neither has been found since. HMM

Very good point. I wonder if these descriptoins come from the boys who saw the attack? If so, it makes me wonder.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2008, 01:37:36 AM »

I just got this weird idea.What if she was going to be abducted? The boys came along, and one killed her. Crazy idea, but was their a van around or vehicle ATV. One could of been waiting.

I wish they would say how old those kids were! And who is the new pic from; another observer. I hope for all of Emilie's Family and friends that this ends soon.A young girl, having someone do that to her. :'(

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2008, 09:46:23 AM »
Adrian; that's a good point. 
-Some of us were thinking personal vendetta resulting from a possible fixation+rejection. (could have intended forcing himself on her in hope of her returning the attraction, and it turned ugly, especially once spooked by witnesses)
-Some of us were thinking an isolated incident with the killer intending "rape" -perhaps even hoping to leave it at that, but she freaked, - then witness kids- so quick decision to kill prime witness.
-Some of us thinking an accomplish near by - possible vehicle in waiting, for obduction -then kids pop up - so kill witness and run.
- The posting today by Shwa of a woman and her daughter in Ontario being raped/murdered (and the related article/s) drew my attention to the mo of that person carrying a rope - then committing rape and stranglelation with the rope. - what a co-incidence! this guy's mo just like what happened to Emily.
So that leads me to believe Emily's death could be an isolated incident with the mo being rape and strangleation (but still have to figure out why the rape didn't occur, since he was already strangling the girl when the two boys happened along.)
- one more observation I made was: if the crime was not isolated with the mo of murder/strangleation, if it was in fact personal, or a first time killer, there's one common conception for me in those first theories;  if he decided for whatever reason, not to rape, example: she was too much trouble - a fighter, (we don't know if she kicked, clawed and scratched) or example: observed she was on her monthy cycle (we don't know if her clothes were half pulled apart?)
regardless - one can't help but think, he may have had to kill her because she KNEW HIM, where maybe the boys would not - and he may have had that bloody twine with him from something else (like from an animal snare -often take a bloody twine off the snared rabbits) we don't know if it was her blood.
--- the one thing that really bothers me today is that posting by Shwa - where the guy killed first and raped second.... and carried a rope on him.