Author Topic: Emily Stauffer (14) Murdered | Edson | Ross Edward Kleman Charged  (Read 137525 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Emily Stauffer (14) Murdered | Edson | Ross Edward Kleman Charged
« Reply #495 on: June 16, 2010, 01:40:04 AM »
That must have been a weird time. I never heard the gas station burned down. that crime must have rocked the town to the core.

D1

« Reply #496 on: September 18, 2010, 04:35:28 PM »
Kleman wasn't a member of Mr. Stauffer's Church, he belonged to the church of Mr. Findlay.

AlbertaCowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 19, 2010, 04:24:25 PM »
Kleman wasn't a member of Mr. Stauffer's Church, he belonged to the church of Mr. Findlay.

True, but the community of Edson is very small (8,000 people), and the Christian community was fairly close knit.  Kleman definitely knew Emily and her family.  Maybe the families were not close, but being in that size of the town, people in the same related occupations/hobbies (clergymen) knew each other.  It's not like it was the size of a city like Edmonton, which has 100x the population.  So I think Chris was deifintely onto something before the facts were known.

D1

« Reply #498 on: September 19, 2010, 04:40:54 PM »
Yes of course. Just wanted to keep the record straight and the connections to Mr. Findlay's church intact.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 25, 2014, 10:24:53 AM »
Remembering Emily.

It was September 27, 2008 that she was murdered at the age of 14. Six years have passed.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 25, 2014, 04:05:57 PM »
This was an excellent thread for Emily.  Lots of first time posters from her area and others who gassed up at the gas station where she worked took the time and trouble to log on. That makes such a difference on a thread for someone who has been murdered. It shows that people cared. 

Ross received life in prison (which is a joke) meaning 18 years before he can apply for parole.  He also received two years for sexually touching a young girl, of which he must serve concurrently. 

I hope that the day will come when concurrent sentences are no longer the norm.  I also hope that laws will change so that LIFE MEANS LIFE.  If not, then THE COURTS SHOULD NOT  use  THE TERM LIFE, since this is very misleading to the Public!!

Just  rattle off the paltry years to be spent incarcerated, when they can apply for parole and be done with it >:( >:(
jb
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 04:11:24 PM by jellybean »