Author Topic: Did you know????  (Read 7482 times)

Shwa

• View Profile
Re: Did you know????
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2008, 10:37:43 AM »
I dunno Chris - I suppose prison would be tolerable for someone who is agoraphobic or doesn't have much care to move around, but I would go absolutely mental in a prison.  Give me work, give me cable TV, give me cigarettes and a canteen to buy snacks... 

But without the ability to simply leave, travel to another town or a walk in the woods or down by the creek... or my kids lacrosse games, or school meetings, or to a friends house, or watch what I want to watch on my big screen... or go to a hockey game or for a neighbourhood stoll with my wife or to Canadian Tire just to wander around and look...

ETC.

I suppose if you are used to it, the fear of it would not be so bad.  But I could not live locked up in an institution like that.  Or a hospital either.  Gives me knots in my stomach even thinking about it.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Did you know????
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2008, 04:54:39 PM »
I actually spent 2 nights in jail back in 1989 when I was picked up for a misdemeanor on July 3rd and had to wait until July 5th for bail. It was not really that bad. I agree that being in the hospital would be hard, I'd rather not stay there either.

It does seem logical that prison should be a bit more uncomfortable. I do not mean being cruel or harsh. But I do think we can do more to actually make the place less desirable.