Author Topic: Melanie Nadia Ethier | September 29, 1996 | 15 | Missing | New Liskeard  (Read 62542 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Melanie Nadia Ethier | September 29, 1996 | 15 | Missing | New Liskeard
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2009, 03:05:51 PM »
Hey rapsman, thanks for posting.

Have you sent your concerns to the OPP? It might not be such a bad idea. There is a good chance, that the police know who commited this crime, but have no proof. Maybe now after so much time, someone might be willing to talk.

rapsman

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2009, 04:44:32 PM »
Now I just want everyone to know that I'm not sure about this. I definately know that he did something serious to be removed from the force. He wouldn't allow my mother to go to court with him. Something happened long before Melanie's disappearance but the missing date is very close to the time of the court date.

The weirdest thing is that he has an old style gun in his drawer that I found when I was young and returned it to right away out of fear. The gun is atleast 80 years old and untraceable. This has been the scariest thing of all.

When I was young (kids don't understand certain things), I asked him about his old job (OPP) and he freaked out on me and told me never to mention that again.

If this man is not responsible for melanie's disappearance, then I would bet my life that one or more of the missing person's and/or rape, sexual harassement victims are tied to him.

Can someone post a list of missing person's in the area from say around 1978-1990.

I know this man is intelligent and evil. I was raised with him unfortunately. I can no longer wait for this evidence to be found so I'm exposing myself to make sure whatever he did he pays dearly for.

I will keep posting as time caries on.

rapsman

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2009, 04:51:58 PM »
Hey rapsman, thanks for posting.

Have you sent your concerns to the OPP? It might not be such a bad idea. There is a good chance, that the police know who commited this crime, but have no proof. Maybe now after so much time, someone might be willing to talk.

I have not spoke to anyone within the OPP about it. I'm not sure how to because of the chance of being wrong. I'm going out on a limb on this site because I can't handle not knowing his past anymore. I beleive one day this SOB is going down and I will be there to watch it.

Fraser

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2009, 05:48:07 PM »
On this forum:

1982/12/01 - Robert Heintz - Age 12 - Missing - Kearns, ON - 40km E. Kirkland Lake

rapsman....just do a search (upper right on this page) on Robert Heintz and you will see the info on this little guy

Fraser

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2009, 06:05:58 PM »
I look further into these and I have to wonder about the guy who was arrested(2009) for the murder of Kathy Wilson (1970). His name was Barry Manion and he apparently hung himself not long after he was sent to prison. He was Kathy Wilson's second cousin. Kathy Wilson, Robert Heintz, and Melanie Ethier went missing many years apart from each other but, to me, Kirkland lake is a pretty tiny place to have this many kids go missing. Notice, from what I see on the map, it is not far from Hwy 11. Anyway, just pondering.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2009, 11:37:34 PM »
If you can afford it, a PI would be able to tell you almost anything you want to know. And the service is not as expensive as most people think. It might be a good idea to find out what. If it had anything to do with vilence or sexual in nature especailly with a child, maybe you should go and see the OPP.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2009, 10:57:05 AM »
good point made by Fraser!

Bohuts

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2010, 10:21:59 AM »
Searches have been done in and around a dumping area and around construction and highway repairs sites. All to no avail.

Wild Child is right. There are too many places to look. This is also an historical mining area (Tri Towns is). There must be some disused and abandoned mine shafts and other pits.

Bohuts

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2010, 10:55:15 AM »
she is from is a rather large farming community. Lots of spread out properties and plenty of wooded areas.

Wildchild is right. There are too many places to look. This is also an historical mining area (Tri Towns is). There must be some disused and abandoned mine shafts and other pits.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 11:44:08 AM by Bohuts »

Bohuts

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2010, 11:35:40 AM »
Missing without a single trace ........... No one has seen anything, nothing was found.

May be she was kidnapped / abducted. Is this not possible ? Stories of Organised groups abducting young girls for re-sale as sex slaves are not very uncommon.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 11:38:13 AM by Bohuts »

Bohuts

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2010, 12:58:27 AM »
As far as what happened in this particular case, my guess is that Melanie was a victim of foul play and was probably killed by somebody who knows that area well (as tends to be the case in most such murders).  Anyone who has been up in that area of the country knows that there would be ample places to place a body without it being discovered for many years, if ever.  ..............................................

My theory is that the abductor meant to sexually assault Melanie and went further than he or she meant to but that is only my theory and there just seems to be no evidence at all here.

Sounds like she was the only black kid (or person) in a completely white community. Is it not possible that she could have gotten pissed off with something and decided to run away from home ?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 01:34:41 AM by Bohuts »

never_lose_hope

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2010, 04:35:53 PM »
To clarify something a couple pages back... Although it's odd she was out at 2 in the morning, this was not something she was allowed to do often or ever befoe then, her mom in an interview said it was the first time she did it and of course it only takes one time for something to happen.

Also she was not the ONLY black girl in the town there was another girl around Melanie's age in the neighbourhood which had police thinking at first it may be a case of mistaken identity or something..

(I've watched a lot on this case)

Happy New Year by the way everyone!

starr

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2010, 09:33:29 AM »
Hi! I went to school with Melanie and she was also my best friend when we were little.  She was a great person, and she is greatly missed by everyone who knew her!!

starr

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2010, 09:36:50 AM »
Hi! Melanie was one of my best friends in my pre- teens, I remember the day she went missing like it was yesterday. She was a fantastic person, who was always there to help you out when you needed it. I will always keep in my heart that she will be found. I miss you Mel

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2010, 07:22:02 PM »
I'm sorry about your friend, that must be really sad.

Do you have any idea what probably happened to her?