Author Topic: This guy is dangerous::  (Read 7358 times)

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
This guy is dangerous::
« on: September 20, 2008, 09:22:18 AM »

He likes to beat up women. He likes to pick up Sex Trade Workers, and he likes to choke them.

Should he be looked at further???? I think so, in fact he has been getting away with a lot!!! >:( >:( >:(

"
However, he has been charged several times in the past for violent sex attacks on prostitutes in both Edmonton and Calgary.

In each of the earlier cases, Chau either had the charges against him stayed or was acquitted, including two attacks on Edmonton prostitutes in 2001 where the judge found him not guilty but said he remained suspicious."
By TONY BLAIS

An Edmonton man accused of choking a city prostitute and forcing her to perform a sex act while he captured it on video was found guilty of three charges yesterday.

John Du Chau, 31, visibly paled as Court of Queen's Bench Justice Eric Macklin convicted him of sexual assault, unlawful confinement and attempted choking.

The construction company owner was allowed to remain free on bail pending his Oct. 3 sentencing. Chau has no criminal record. By TONY BLAIS

An Edmonton man accused of choking a city prostitute and forcing her to perform a sex act while he captured it on video was found guilty of three charges yesterday.

John Du Chau, 31, visibly paled as Court of Queen's Bench Justice Eric Macklin convicted him of sexual assault, unlawful confinement and attempted choking.

The construction company owner was allowed to remain free on bail pending his Oct. 3 sentencing. Chau has no criminal record. However, he has been charged several times in the past for violent sex attacks on prostitutes in both Edmonton and Calgary.

In each of the earlier cases, Chau either had the charges against him stayed or was acquitted, including two attacks on Edmonton prostitutes in 2001 where the judge found him not guilty but said he remained suspicious.

Macklin rejected defence arguments that identity had not been proven and the victim was not credible.

The 35-year-old victim testified she was picked up in an alley near 118 Avenue and 82 Street by an Asian man in a pickup truck on Aug. 27, 2006, and taken outside city limits.

She told court the man finally pulled over and told her he wanted oral sex, but said he had no money. When she refused and tried to get out of the pickup, he "lunged at me and grabbed my hair."

She testified she fought to get free, but he managed to pull her into the pickup and then flipped her over, sat on her and began to choke her with both hands. She stopped resisting and complied when told to take off her clothes and begin performing oral sex.

The woman testified Chau then pulled out a video camera and began filming the sex act.

She eventually escaped and later went to police.

Macklin rejected defence arguments that identity had not been proven and the victim was not credible.

The 35-year-old victim testified she was picked up in an alley near 118 Avenue and 82 Street by an Asian man in a pickup truck on Aug. 27, 2006, and taken outside city limits.

She told court the man finally pulled over and told her he wanted oral sex, but said he had no money. When she refused and tried to get out of the pickup, he "lunged at me and grabbed my hair."

She testified she fought to get free, but he managed to pull her into the pickup and then flipped her over, sat on her and began to choke her with both hands. She stopped resisting and complied when told to take off her clothes and begin performing oral sex.

The woman testified Chau then pulled out a video camera and began filming the sex act.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Re: This guy is dangerous::
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 04:59:08 PM »
I am going to take a chance here, on folks coming back at me with remarks like "you crazy?"  ....however, I'll say it anyway.
Why, in the world, hasn't one of these girls carried something up their sleeve or somewhere, then laid it within arms reach and out of sight, and when it became apparent she was with a lunatic - grabbed whatever it was and got him first.

Maybe I'm crazy, but if I was street smart, I wouldn't be going with one of these guys without a backup plan.

Enough of them have been killed; time they start using thier head for more than a hat rack. ... no offense, but they are playing with fire .... might as well carry a match.

I never saw a guy yet who didn't back off from a finger or worse imbedded in his eye.  It's time these girls got together and came up with some life-saving moves.  What have they got to lose?  If you know you're going to dye, might be a good idea to take out an eye.  Then at least he's got to go to ER.
just a thought!

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 06:17:02 PM »

It is also something I have wrestled with, and wondered why the gals didn't grab the steering wheel and crash into something, when they are starting to go out of city. I think pepperspray, or hairspray is good, but can also be used against you. WE have wondered, if some of these gals, already know the guy as an acquaintance, or friend.I think they would have to be given something to incompacitate them.

A lot of these gals are some tough, and could easily take an eye out, or grab the wheel.Any sign of trouble they would even risk jumping out.If for any reason the cops stopped them, the driver could say shes drunk or whacked out on something.What gets me is that the Sherwood Park and surrounding areas, continue to be a dumping ground. It is a cemetary, a grave yard. Can't tell me, that some of them don't have suspicions.

What is going to happen if these freaks escalate, and start going after gals there. You can bet your going to have cameras, watchdogs, etc, all over the place!!!!All stores should have murdered, and missing signs, of the victim. It should be mandatory!!!!!! >:(

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 10:09:32 PM »
Adrian; your right about so many of these girls being able.... they have to be street smart...that means:
- they use something on them...may eather or chlorophorm (sp probably wrong)..maybe this nut is a medical person or was a medical person.
- they  (like you say) could be taking advantage of the girls having a reason to be secure with them...maybe a cop ...or known doctor or local shop owner of somekind ... or maybe wears a priest's collar) who knows ! anyone diabolical enough to commit these crimes is diabolical enough to be leading a double life.
It it is one nut (like jack the ripper), then he/she 's  got to be using a very normal looking demeanor in order to be un-noticed for that many obductions.
One things for sure, whether it's one nut or several of the same variety, there has to be a common denominator (other than the girls trade) ... there always is.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 10:16:04 PM »
wonder if there's any kind of sedation that evaporates enough to leave "no trace" in a short period of time.... wonder if there's traces of needle in the neck or taser.  ... would be great to get a look at the files of these cases.
It seems the killer/s wants the body to be found but puts it out of sight enough that it won't be found in hours....(if I'm remembering right about what I read on these poor girls)  maybe there something being used to subdue these girls that disappears before the body is found.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 05:22:24 PM »
SENTENCED TO 4 YEARS PRISON TIME::: This John Chau sure is a wicked customer!!! How long before he kills???

By TONY BLAIS

An Edmonton man who choked a city prostitute and forced her to perform a sex act while he captured it on video was sentenced to four years in prison yesterday.

John Du Chau, 31, was led away by a court sheriff as his wife, brother and two neighbours looked on.

Court of Queen's Bench Justice Eric Macklin noted the extensive support for the construction company owner and said it made it "that much more surprising and shocking" that Chau was involved in assaulting a prostitute.

The judge said sex-trade workers are "extremely vulnerable" and a message needs to be sent out that this type of violent behaviour "will not be tolerated."

CHOKED VICTIM

He ruled it was aggravating that Chau had choked the victim until she saw stars and nearly lost consciousness, leaving her fearful that "she was going to die," and had videotaped the sex attack, which he found was clearly "humiliating and degrading" for the woman.

Chau was also placed on the national sex-offender registry for 20 years and ordered to provide a DNA sample for the national DNA databank in Ottawa.

Chau, the owner of Hardrock Exteriors and father of two young children, was earlier convicted of sexual assault, unlawful confinement and attempted choking.

Court heard the 35-year-old victim was picked up by Chau in an alley near 118 Avenue and 82 Street on Aug. 27, 2006, and taken to a remote location outside city limits.

LUNGED AT HER

The woman testified Chau told her he wanted oral sex, but had no money. When she refused and tried to get out of the pickup, he lunged at her and grabbed her hair.

She told court she fought to get free, however he managed to pull her into the pickup and then flipped her over, sat on her and began to choke her with both hands.

She then stopped resisting and complied when told to take off her clothes and begin performing oral sex.

In a victim impact statement, the woman revealed she continues to suffer from nightmares as a result of the attack by Chau and said she will "never forgive him."

Court heard Chau has no criminal record.

However, he has been charged several times in the past for violent sex attacks on prostitutes in both Edmonton and Calgary.

In each of the earlier cases, Chau either had the charges against him stayed or was acquitted, including two attacks on Edmonton prostitutes in 2001 where the judge found him not guilty but said he remained suspicious.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 08:15:26 PM »
In each of the earlier cases, Chau either had the charges against him stayed or was acquitted, including two attacks on Edmonton prostitutes in 2001 where the judge found him not guilty but said he remained suspicious

Why does that not surprise me? Would it be the same if this guy attacked and sexaully assulted a nurse, a doctor or a university professor?

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 09:40:53 PM »
These are more than likely only the ones he was caught for. I wonder what else is in the background that no one knows about, the ones that have gone unreported. It would scare me that if he hasn't yet killed he might escalate to that. Hopefully his wife does not stand beside him through this.

How long till someone wakes up and takes him off the street before it is too late! 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 10:48:24 AM by debbiec »

SAP

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 10:08:34 AM »
He is due for release this year! :o