Welcome to UnsolvedCanada.ca

This forum lists unsolved murders and missing people from Canada and other related discussions. If you wish to add a case, please create an account and add it, or send the information using the 'Contact' link on the top menu. Please Read The Rules Here.

Question:

Why are many people unwilling to provide tips to police that could solve a murder?

Author Topic: Robert Pickton Trial  (Read 38327 times)

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
Robert Pickton Trial
« on: March 31, 2007, 04:46:20 PM »
http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/features/pickton/index.html

Here is the ongoing Pig trial for Willie the pig, from the Vancouver Sun.

Thia sucker and his co horts are going down, as willie once said;"IF I go down, I am taking about 15 others with me".

Don't underestimate brother Dave, as he told willie to vamoosh as soon as the first search on the farm was done, supposedly about stolen vehicles.

I think there was ritual abuse, also going on, with the heads vertically cut, with the hands and feet put inside the skulls, and put in freezer. This smacks to me of devil worship, or cultic practice, maybe just one of the groups that used the farm.  People knew, and didn't tell, because of fear, they were connected, they killed also, or like I said fear so strong, you couldn't make that call.

But wait, Their was calls to the cops, and they didn't listen. I wonder why?Why did twenty years of slayings of the Down Town East Side women, take so long to be noticed or taken seriously by the cops.

He used Dinah Taylor, also his supposed girlfriend, as a lure, why is she walking around? Ellingson? This is just a start in the web  of deceit, with the investigation into the pigfarm, and willie.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 10:40:22 PM by Chris »

Adrian

• View Profile
Re: PICKTON TRIAL
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 09:05:07 PM »

http://www.missingpeople.net/sketches_express_softer_side.htm

Sent by a friend, who is a forensic investigator, and works with missing children.

shimmeringmoon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 05:00:22 PM »
Adrian, it's interesting how many of the women look alike with their facial structure.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 02:30:17 PM »
http://www.missingpeople.net/woman_reveals_experiences_with_r.htm
Hi Polly, Here is a women who met the wrong side of Pickton. Yes the pictures were painted so much softer. Above link, shows one of the gals who got away, but  knowing about the killing of her friend. The gal she was with, is the woman, later seen being skinned by Ellingson.

Above info, tells a lot about Pickton, and his women....just press link...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 02:36:52 PM by Adrian »

Adrian

• View Profile
Re: Robert Pickton Trail
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 01:00:19 AM »

COQUITLAM, B.C. ? The mayor of Port Coquitlam, Scott Young, is facing criminal charges including criminal harassment.

Stan Lowe of the Criminal Justice Branch says Young is charged with two counts of assault, break and enter with intent, criminal harassment and three counts of breach of conditions of a release order.

Lowe says it?s expected Young, who was arrested in Coquitlam on Wednesday night, will remain in custody over the weekend, but he did not elaborate on what led to the charges.

He?s to appear in provincial court in Vancouver on Tuesday morning.

Young was previously charged in March after harassment allegations from an ex-girlfriend.

In 2002, he was charged with assaulting his ex-wife but the charge was stayed.

Young was elected Port Coquitlam mayor in 2001.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 02:22:55 AM »

NEW WESTMINSTER, B.C. -- DNA profiles that appeared to match three of the six women on a murder indictment against Robert Pickton were found in his trailer, an expert testified yesterday as the jury began to hear results of exhaustive lab testing done during the investigation.

Crown prosecutor Derrill Prevett, after leading witness Joy Kearsey through a lengthy explanation of DNA, asked the expert on DNA interpretation about some of the results.

As Pickton and the jury followed along intently, Kearsey described her findings about a hair seized from a white blanket found in the trailer where Pickton lived on the large property in Port Coquitlam.

A root from the hair was sent to an RCMP lab for DNA analysis. "The DNA typing profile obtained from that root matches that of Sereena Abotsway," she told the jury. The probability of the sample belonging to someone other than Abotsway is one in 42 billion, she said.

RCMP use four databases - the Canadian Caucasian database and three from the First Nations populations in B.C., Ontario and Saskatchewan.

Pickton is charged with six counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Abotsway, Mona Wilson, Marnie Frey, Edmonton's Georgina Papin, Brenda Wolfe and Andrea Joesbury.

A massive excavation of his property in Port Coquitlam, B.C., produced mountains of evidence to be analyzed.

Prevett asked the expert about another hair taken from the same blanket in which the root was removed and analyzed.

Kearsey said it was a partial DNA typing profile.

She said the partial DNA typing profile matched the sample obtained from Pickton. The probability of selecting an unrelated individual at random from the Canadian Caucasian population with the same profile is one in 180 million, she said.

The jury was told of similar results for items allegedly belonging to Joesbury, Wolfe and Dinah Taylor.

The jury has heard evidence in the past that suggested Taylor spent a lot of time on the Pickton property, as well as on a nearby property.

Kearsey also said a hair sample was a "full-profile" match with Taylor - the best a lab technician can get from a DNA sample, with a one in 12 trillion match.

Under cross-examination by defence lawyer Marilyn Sandford, Kearsey told the jury about many other items seized on the farm that pointed to Taylor after DNA analysis. Kearsey agreed with Sandford's suggestion that Pickton's DNA was not found on them.

Dinah Taylor, appears to be brought up more and more, during the Pickton Trial, what did  they have? About 700 items of evidence in brother Daves Car, belonging to Dinah Taylor?  Come on Davey, and Dinah, open up!!!!

DNA   DNA   DNA   DNA   DNA   DNA   DNA   DNA   DNA   DNA   DNA   DNA   DNA   

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 12:31:40 AM »

>:( >:( >:(By CP

NEW WESTMINSTER, B.C. -- Many names now familiar to jurors in the Robert Pickton murder trial surfaced again yesterday as a laboratory witness disclosed DNA results from a staggering number of exhibits, including clothes, sports bags, night vision goggles and hairs.

There were DNA matches for three of the women named on the indictment - Sereena Abotsway, Mona Wilson and Andrea Joesbury.

The jury also heard about items that contained DNA matching Dinah Taylor, Pat Casanova, Nancy Plasman and Pickton.

Taylor and Casanova were initially arrested in connection with the investigation that led to 26 charges of first-degree murder being laid against Pickton, but they were never charged. Plasman was a Pickton friend.

Yvon de Moissac, who collected and analyzed some exhibits during the massive investigation of the Pickton property that began in February 2002, testified that a black, see-through blouse taken from a closet in the trailer where Pickton lived yielded a DNA profile matching Abotsway.

A pair of night vision goggles, de Moissac told Crown prosecutor Derrill Prevett, yielded a DNA profile matching Casanova, while other matches taken from the goggles's strap yielded a profile of the accused.

The witness said an orange garbage bag taken from inside the building that has become known as the slaughterhouse yielded a DNA profile matching Joesbury.

Under cross-examination by defence lawyer Marilyn Sandford, de Moissac acknowledged the match for Joesbury was only one of 269 swabs for DNA taken from the bag.

Sandford did not ask the witness about any other results.

De Moissac also acknowledged the evidence recovery unit's work on the site in the early stages of the investigation changed.

Sandford asked about a broken bottle found in a motorhome on the property that the jury has already heard yielded the DNA of Wilson.

He said he sent only a single swab from that particular bottle to the lab.

Sandford wanted to know why only one swab was sent when many swabs are often taken from other exhibits.

"In the early stages of the investigation, gridding was not considered an option," he said, explaining that in the early going the evidence unit had a general practice of submitting one example. Gridding is the practice used by searchers to divide an object, such as a freezer or table, into small quadrants and taking swabs from each quadrant.

The Crown said that it anticipated Casanova would testify at the trial.

Some of the clothing Sandford itemized in detail for the jury and that was seized from the trailer yielded DNA matching a woman named Monique Wood.

But she also went through about 30 items from the trailer, one by one, such as socks, sweatpants, overalls and jackets that all yielded DNA matching Taylor.

At least two of the items introduced to the jury by the defence contained DNA matching Taylor as well as semen from other males but not Pickton.

The investigators spent almost two years scouring virtually every square centimetre of the seven-hectare site in Port Coquitlam and sent more than 200,000 items for DNA analysis.

As an example of their thoroughness, they conducted DNA analyses on "floor sweepings" from the trailer, arriving at DNA matches for the accused, Plasman and another person.

Seems there is more here than meets the eye, but isn't it what we were expecting? More matches to DNA?

As an example of their thoroughness, they conducted DNA analyses on "floor sweepings" from the trailer, arriving at DNA matches for the accused, Plasman and another person., I wonder who is the other  person.

Seems we are getting trinklings of information, slowly but surely.When Robert Pickton said,, "if he goes down, he is taking about 15, 16 more people down with him." Doesn't surprise me, it seems there was quite a few who used Willie, the PIGMAN for whatever purpose they felt it was needed. The women, are shocking, in that it appears quite a few knew, but either aided, or shucked it from their minds.

I know one thing, and this is from the heart, if I saw some woman being skinned, it would not be a secret for long.Lot's of fear, deception, greediness, and being in tune with the master PIG.

Were these people "cultified", or stupid, and callous? What really went on there, and how many people or groups were involved? >:( >:( >:(

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 12:59:36 PM »
http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/features/pickton/index.html

THE ROBERT PICKTON TRIAL

Hi everyone, just keeping us all updated on the pig trial, and how as it goes trudgingly along, there are DNA sins of many others involved. Of course, the reasons for the DNA , being on a particular item, have to be explained.

Of the thousands who partied there, there is bound to be some discrepincies on why the DNA was there in the first place. Like FLU BUGS, and contamination, I touch, with a bleeding hand, you touch where I did, and things get transferred, BUT, there still has to be a reason the DNA is there in the first place.

It is really bugging me, to the core of my being, that it seems, that more and more, we are finding evidence that more than a few knew of what was happening.People Knew that there were slayings of the most sadistic crimes going on, and did nothing to stop it!!!!

Calls could of been made, letters written, to every cop shop, newspaper, and TV, and Radio show around. It could have been anonymous, and it should of been non stop. A secret, is hard to keep, and one of this magnitude, would be a hurrendous burden on the soul.

Were they all coldblooded killers, or sociopaths, that knew, and did nothing? I can't believe this was not known for quite some time. Some had gone to the police, but how many? Could youKeep something this dark, and evil in your heart, your soul, your mind?

SOOO Many lives could have been saved, so many children, would still have a mother, so many mom's wwould have a daughter, andd it goes on and on, friends, loved ones.. :'( :'( :'(

GOD supposedly loves us all, so what gives people the right to even think they are above another. Our blood is the same color, we eat, we dream, we shop, we play, we sing, we work, we do the best with the coping skills we have.We argue, we make up, we cry, we confess, the majority of us feels. Robert Pickton, had no feelings, no sense of right or wrong, no concience, I doubt he thought his acts of sadism, cruelty, and mayhem, and killing had any impact on anyone. He mourns only for himself.

You can't tell me, others were not involved. How did they find each other? Was a satanic cult involved for some of the killings? The skulls to me suggest so. Plus, we got the thrill killers, and the ones who satisfy their craving for sex by killing. We got the do gooders, preaching the Bible, with a knife in one hand, and a Bible in the other, ridding the world of sinners. How many of these types of killers went there, and how many of those killers, are still cruising the highways, and cities? >:( >:( >:(

Adrian

• View Profile
Re: Robert Pickton Trial
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 11:42:57 PM »
Hi there, Yeah, I have been doing some thinking, and trying to put pieces together. It is like a puzzle, and some parts are missing. I sometimes think of a few loners, and a group or two at the PIGGY PALACE, and wonder if they travel around the provinces at times.

There are missing and murdered all over the friggin place.The Northwest has become a killing ground, and the perps, at least some of them have been active for years and years.

There can be psychopaths who get off on the sexually sadistic slayings, the thrill killers, the group killers, any assortment of freaks into Satanic crap, or even white supremecy.The victims are usually on the smallish side, and many, many are Natives, for the percentages in this land.

They are targetting the gals who are out there, in your face, often addicted, homeless, and with mental health problems because of it.

We have already learned that Pickton had women working for him, luring, knowing what he was doing., and saying jack shit about it.I wonder if we have anything like that up here? There is so little housing here, we may as well put up a big friggin tent in Churchill Square, and move on in...I would work there, and I know I would get people to help.

There are already tents going up in the river valley. WELCOME to RICH Alberta. If , the politicians, would get up off their collective arses, and with all the millions they have extra, and brag about in the paper. Maybe they could build, some more low cost housing, lot's, with a social worker, and a twenty four hour guard.

In the meantime we got gangs, pigs looking to lay a licking on a gal, some killing, all over the province. I wish everyone in the NORTHWEST would look at who they know, and do some thing. This guy or guys didn't land from Mars.

I even wonder if Laboucan and Briscoe didn't do more, and also West, and his son Moir, and then shining Svekla....who was he with?Then I read in the paper that we got more people coming, so expect the criminal element to go up. Great...It will all come together, and the deck will fall...I believe strongly that a lot of these idiots know each other, and that some people have a clue, but are not sure, unless they are like the Pickton  gals, who lured.

I wish strongly for closure for the families of the victims, and their friends, and that they return home, in life or spirit.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 09:50:41 PM »
http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkillers/P/PICKTON_robert_william.php

And one of Picktons  GALS talks how great he is!!!

February 12, 2002 - Speaking to the media on behalf of David William Pickton, longtime friend Gina Houston said the pig farmer is a "nice caring man" who likes to help single mothers and wouldn't hurt a soul, especially a prostitute. Gina added that Willy "befriends a lot of them, and he kind of feels sorry for them and he does give them money. He'll give them 20 bucks to go buy themselves... well, I mean, they obviously go get dope, but they say they need cigarettes and tampons and condoms and blah, blah, blah, blah. And he'd rather give them a couple of bucks than see them working -- the ones he has befriended, right?"

Houston and her husband, Ross Edward Contois, said police had singled out their friend because of the false accusations from a known drug-acddict they know. "She's got a great personality, but as soon as she gets a little heroin or a little coke, and she can't get no more drugs, she goes right off," Houston said. "I've been hauled into the serious crime unit umpteen times over this crackhead... when he [Pickton] doesn't give her money for dope, she phones and says he's slaughtering the hookers and burying them on the property."

Houston insists the allegations by the woman she met at the transition house are baseless. "This chick watched him slaughter a few pigs, and she went and phoned," she said. "And she described in detail how he slaughters and skins them and cuts them. So she phones the police up and tells them that she watched him and I doing that there one night, and it was just a pig. She said it was one of the missing hookers from the Downtown Eastside."
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 09:54:57 PM by Adrian »

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 12:57:07 PM »
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EdmontonMurders/message/412

WITNESSES WHO WERE AT THE FARM TO TAKE STAND

Press the link and read up on, what could possibly be connected to murders all over northern Canada. These 2 people, KNEW or heard something, :WHY did it still go on???

Prevett said Lynn Ellingsen, an acquaintance of the accused, would be called.

"The Crown expects that Ms. Ellingsen will testify about being at the farm with the accused and a sex-trade worker that they picked up from the Downtown Eastside, and that she (Ellingsen) saw him in the slaughterhouse engaged in butchering the woman," Prevett told the jury.

The jury is expected to hear soon from Andrew Bellwood, another of Pickton's acquaintances, Prevett said.

Bellwood is expected to testify "of a conversation he had with the accused at the farm where the accused admitted to him that he killed sex-trade workers, how he killed them, and that he would take their bodies to the slaughterhouse."
Seems to me, that more are coming up to bat, about knowing or even seeing the slayings. WTF happened???? For every one who knew of the carnage, I hope they have it imprinted, on their souls, that they could, of done something!!!

??? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 01:04:17 PM by Adrian »

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 05:28:40 PM »
Why Are these people still walking around? It really irks me, and goes against my ethics. Just think for everyone who knew the secret, how many did they tell? And so on... There are phone booths, ways to communicate without revealing your identity if they were so "scared". There are Tv stations, radio shows, mega newspapers, investigators, cops, you name it. This did not have to go on, and for the gals who actively participated in this carnage, and whatever men, I wish the Death Penalty would be back. With solid DNA evidense.

I have heard stories of people telling the police to check the farm, years before they did. Why was none of this taken seriously? Now we got a friggin ' gang of Willie's co horts cruising the highways and byways. Really good thinking.Bet ya half the witnesses for the prosecution have disappeared, to other parts of Canada.

Also, I don't believe Davey lived there for so long, and didn';t know what was going on. He would have to be the "SLOW" one, Not Willie, who he keeps saying is. Think of mega years working, being on the farm, the parties, the women, and this suck knew NOTHING!! AAAARRRRggghhhhhhh >:( >:( >:( >:(It will all come out in trial.

Degenerate, pigs, losers, garbage, and trash-this sickens me!!!

Chris

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2007, 09:11:11 AM »
So it seems there are quite a number of people who knew he had a murder operation going on? I am shocked about this, completly shocked that people would keep quite about it.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 12:44:03 AM »

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmonton/2007/05/01/4146262.htmlNEW WESTMINSTER, B.C. - The judge in the trial of accused serial killer Robert Pickton called a brief halt to proceedings yesterday after members of the jury could not contain their revulsion at photos of Pickton?s alleged victims.

Sereena Abotsway, Mona Wilson and Andrea Joesbury were killed by gunshots to the head, a forensic pathologist testified yesterday.

Dr. Dan Straathof conducted autopsies on the remains ? split skulls, hands and feet found at accused killer Robert Pickton?s property ?of all three victims in 2002 and said that injuries from the gunshots likely killed the three women.

?I concluded that the gunshot wound to the head was a fatal injury and was the cause of death,? Straathof told a visibly distraught jury. ?We have a severe head injury ? by a gunshot and no evidence of other injury.?

During Straathof?s testimony, the jury was given a collection of autopsy photos, showing decomposing heads, skulls split in half and detached hands and feet.

The photos proved too much for some to handle.

Justice James Williams halted the morning session for a few minutes after seeing looks of horror and tears among the jury.

?This is not a pleasant thing to deal with,? Williams told the jury after the brief break. ?I?ll keep an eye on you. There is nothing wrong with taking some extra breaks so we can get through this.?

Straathoff told the jury that tissue damage and signs of bleeding suggested that the victims were shot while they were still alive.He told the jury that the removal of the victim?s skulls, hands and feet were all performed after the women were dead.

He also conducted post-mortem examinations on the remains of the three other victims Pickton is alleged to have killed; Brenda Wolfe, Marnie Frey and Edmonton?s Georgina Papin.

However, not enough of the bodies were recovered for him to determine a cause of death.

Portions of a jaw were all that Straathof saw of Wolfe and Frey.

Only an array of bones from Papin?s hand were examined by Straathof.

CraftyGal

• Remember adopt-Don't Shop!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 12:19:53 PM »
Here is abook that is coming out on the Piggy Palace.  There will actually be 2 books.  I got this from Wayne Leng.

Crafty

Many of us I'm sure know and have met Stevie Cameron and are aware that she is writing books on the missing women case. Her first book will be available on June 12, 2007 maybe a little before that, and it's title is 'The Pickton File.' She also has a second book 'The Pig Farm' that will come out later but not until after the  conclusion of both Trials and when the publication ban is lifted.

Here is the info and links from Random House:
 http://www.randomhouse.ca/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780676979534

About this book:

Stevie Cameron turns her renowned analytical eye from the "crooks in suits" of her previous books to the case of Vancouver's missing women and the man who has been charged with killing 27 of them, who if convicted will have the horrific distinction of being the worst serial killer in Canadian history.

It's a shocking story that may not be over anytime soon. When the police moved in on Pickton's famous residence, the "pig farm" of Port Coquitlam, in February 2002, the entire 14-acre area was declared a crime scene -- the largest one in Canadian history. Well over 150 investigators and forensics experts were required, including 102 anthropology students from across the country called in to sift through the entire farm, one shovelful of dirt at a time.

A woman who is considered by many to be this country's best investigative journalist, Cameron has been thinking about the missing women of Vancouver's Downtown Eastside since 1998, when the occasional newspaper story ran about families and friends of some of the 63 missing women agitating for action -- and being ignored by police and politicians. Robert William "Willie" Pickton has been on her mind since his arrest, that February five years ago, for the murders of two of the women, Mona Wilson and Sereena Abotsway, both drug-addicted prostitutes from the impoverished neighbourhood where all the missing women had connections.

Living half-time in Vancouver for the last five years, Stevie Cameron has come to know many of the people involved in this case, from families of the missing women to the lawyers involved on both sides. She writes not only with tireless investigative curiosity, but also with enormous compassion for the women who are gone and the ones who still struggle to ply their trade on the Downtown Eastside.

"We had no idea [in 2002] how massive the investigation would be. We had no notion that the police would sift every inch of dirt on the Pickton farm, a process that lasted from the spring of 2002 to late 2004. We did not foresee the broad publication ban that would prevent any word printed or broadcast of what was being said in court in case it influenced a potential juror. We couldn't know that there would be, by 2006, 27 charges of first-degree murder against Pickton and that the police would continue to investigate him on suspicion of many other deaths. And we didn't know that the police and other personnel involved in the case, under threat of ruined careers, were forbidden to talk to reporters. In blissful ignorance, all I could do was begin?"
--Excerpt from The Pickton File

Stevie's website: http://www.steviecameron.com

Her book will be available on Amazon.ca, Chapters Bookstore and many other stores throughout Canada

A garden of tears: the murder of Kathryn-Mary Herbert

A casefile of events and story related to the 1975 murder of Kathryn Mary Herbert (Sutton).

Click Here